🐉 Typhon's Veil Focused Feedback

Oh they most certainly are, Frost hydras are incredible with them now can’t believe the difference! I think something is bugged with the DR is what’s the problem, it’s now the opposite problem, instead of hydras getting insta gibbed, you get insta gibbed now lol.

Had to put on OiD instead of Etched Sigil which feels bad not only because of the damage loss but because it just feels like less channeling overall as well. Which just leans on this being much more group friendly than solo (group can likely get away with Sigil again on set).

Also the Frost hydras splash range seems immense now! I am also wondering if maybe the DR before was a mistake?

Yep.

With Avarice/Boon/Goldwrap combo it’s still viable for farming.

But pushing GRs? Nope. Not gonna happen. Doing absolutely massive damage with Hydras. But cannot survive in higher GRs. This set it toast unless they do a rework.

1 Like

Could the issue with dying quickly be due to resummoning the Hydras? as in, DR from the 4 piece (5 heads) drops instantaneously while casting a new hydra cluster?

EDIT: or perhaps certain attacks such as elemental, ranged or environmental based?

I see the inconsistency now. On a GR90, I had 10 stacks 4pc (80%) + 4 stacks OID (80%) + Crimson’s (28%) - Squirt’s (-50%). Was resummoning Hydra and was oneshot by a single demonic hellflayer EDIT: was the fire breath. Granted my Karini dropped, but dang. That’s a hard hit from one enemy. 800k hp / 800k shield stack (edit: mostly broken before the hit).

2 Likes

yea, I didn’t test non-season, but I would expect cuirass + unity +karini combo to stay alive and the set probably have to give up on some or all of {TnT, squirt and coe}. and the placement of hydra is very important to freeze enemy and stay alive.

#edit: or just go full glass cannon like that n6m4 dh build, no defense at all

I wouldn’t really recommend this build to anyone, just play vyr instead :slight_smile:

my thought exactly, vyr is the way to go, imo.
resummoning hydra seems to lose all the buff and getting one shot, idk…

I haven’t seen any PTR bug reports of the DR weirdness; Someone want to do that?

Also, are we still behind Chantodo’s? I’d love to return for his season, but if it’s behind Chantodo’s, I’m just not into another Chantodo season.

Is LoN Hydras viable in a group meta or is it overtaken by WD SB?

WD SB don’t deal area damage, it’s (new set) double dip with AS (PE), but much less tanky. Need tests…

Something is definitely broken with the DR, I shouldn’t be dying on T16 with 10 hydras and aquilas in the cube.

Hi! I already do a gr 128 solo with a TV frost Hydras build, maybe one of betters marks with Typhon Veil set. I think 130 with pylons is possible, but not much else. I can say: LoD Mammoth hydra >>> TV frost Hydra.
Is buffed, but Typhon Veil need a little more love.

1 Like

Are the frost hydra folks pumping it with Absolute Zero first? If so, how to cast the 2nd hydra? Wait for Black Hole cooldown?

Screw area damage, 4p WD cleared 150 at 4800 paragon, 6min clear. Bazooka is shiit compared to this. Even when AS bug is removed, it’s already on par, if not better than bazooka, and a hell lot easier to play.

Hydra wont be the group build. It is nowhere near wd or even necro trash killer. The damage is way too low to do “fast” 150 as the other two classes do. Especially with the 3 gr nerfs. Maybe we can do “trash clears” but wizzard is weaker than the 2 top speccs by far ( WD Spirite Barrage and Necro Nova). This means wizzard is very likly out of meta. It is out of speed farm groups too. No one is testing FO-LOD build in season (now you can run it with deathwish). it is the only glimmer of hope that wizzards wont suck in groups at least for this season, because you need 2 weapon slots for it to work.

But we can still play solo as wizzard for sure. It is a good season if you have no friends or if you want to play wizzard and your friends not asking you for group play.

Yah and that’s just a 90, this also happens to me on T16!

It’s a crazy difference from before patch, and even before patch it wasn’t working correctly.

Oh boy, we might go live with having no clue what Typhon can actually accomplish. Everyone pushing LoD since they can actually live lol.

Set doesn’t plays that bad. Feels somewhat nice and challenging. Best thing is you don’t need to channel to kill everything on t16. Would be cool if this Set could be played in higher GRs with Generators, too. If Arcane Dynamo had a supporting legendary that increases it’s effect from 60% to 200%, then that would be great. If this is on an Amu, ring or whatever piece.

@ I die a lot to stuff. If you die on T16 then you are probably doing something wrong. Could it be that you kill mobs so fast that you can’t have Halo of Karini up? If so, then a spear could kill you.

THIS IS my contribution: rank 19 grift 128 solo TV frost Hydra 6,9k paragĂłn without conduit_power.
It is very weak compared to loD Mammoth (already tested)

1 Like

Updated test: 2 players TV frost Hydras (full uptime squirt necklace charges) grift 130 On the first try over a battlefield without pylons. Again, I think that Typhon Veil need a little more love from devs.

The question that should be asked is how TV compare against Crus/barb power level, not LOD mammoth. If a crus/barb with the new set can walk all over TV with their eyes closed and speed farm GR at the level where TV and LOD mammoth are struggling to even finish, then this whole new set is a big failure, which at the current level it is. A level 7000 paragon with optimal gear barb/crus can do much much higher than 128.

In fact, TV should be tuned to do GR 140+ at the very least and LoN mammoth should be doing 1-2 GR higher due to the difficulty to get the optimal gears.

@Cratic and all posters, good job all.
I haven’t been able to log on after the PTR patch so haven’t been able to test any further. Seems like some new issues have appeared. Hope the devs are able to fix them.
Now to some of the op’s suggestions, I have been thinking on them and the one I really like is the mirror image one.
It would be nice if the set allowed them to stay by you as long as you live. Like the ancients in IK set.
All runes would be nice.
Casting your generators when you do and increase the generator damage by x.
Some fellow poster suggested that magic missile should be involved were it regenerated the hydras. Nice idea, not sure if that would make it overpowered though. Also I would stress that any changes giving a benefit to the generators should be open to all of them.
Well met in season 20 :wink:

I tried to test both builds (TV and LoD) and they are so boring. After playing 2-3 GRs with LoD I can say without a doubt that I’m not gonna play this set on season 20. I will play some LoD on NS because I have almost all the items but that’s all.

So next season we have:

• vyrs nerfed so no speeds for us (while other classes outperform wiz by far hahahaha)
  • Bazooka’s nerfed so no meta. But I don’t really care, bazooka was not for normal players. But blizz give us a new WD set that can play speed 150s without macros or 24/7 practice. Great.
  • New set but same old channeling playstyle.

This patch should had be nothing for wizards or a readjusting of the class. We didn’t need a new set when we already have 3 almost unused sets.

Sorry for the rant.

Great job! Did you happen to notice any one shot issues compared to last patch? I’ll take a look at your NS clear gear/stats.

Just seems weird was practically immortal even when hydras died fast last patch, now having all kinds of issues this patch. One shot in GR 80-100’s when before fine in GR110’s.