Twenty years ago

… What?

“in some games” is not “in other arpgs”.

You were responding to the guy that said the devs did not copy loot systems from other games, he did not claim arpgs only either.

Was it added later? Hmm… admittedly that was the only one that came to mind, I could be wrong after all then. The only one I know 100% certain that had need/greed on launch was wow then, but that was 04.

Touché to you, not to rocknrolla though.

Because this community is full of children, or grown man-child’s with sexist, racist opinions, and terrible game suggestions - all while living during the age of entitlement.

:slight_smile:

yeah one of the biggest issues in the earlier years of EQ was they made bosses drop items that had the same icon for different items so when you won a roll in a group you had to go over and make sure you looted the right one but a lot of new players failed at that and loot fights ensued.

You do know that we are on the forum board for a game in the ARPG genre right? You can try to do a backpedal now since you were called out for being wrong. How about I make it easier for you, name the games from 2000 that were similar (without being in the same genre) then that had instance loot like you stated.

And you do realize that things can be taken from other genres, right?

It happens all the time.

Edit:
And by the way, I already admitted I might have been wrong to Anxious. I thought EQ had need/greed at launch but it was added later.

2 Likes

I am still waiting for you to name the games like you claimed in your post. :joy:

Yeah, ok. I am going to stop replying to you man.

What, so you can’t name the games?

1 Like

Ok… one last reply, depending on your next one is whether I mute you or not.

Read my replies again. You might have missed some things in them.

That is your reply to me when you tried to call me out that I was wrong when you stated there were games that already had this feature, but then you cannot name them when being called out yourself, and instead you have to resort to blocking due to having too big of an ego to admit you are wrong. :clown_face:

1 Like

I have had a hard time believing instanced loot was not a thing, but still haven’t been able to find anyone who could confirm a game that had it. So maybe there were none. Genuinely surprised about that :confused:

2 Likes

Its 2021 though we supposed to get everything handed to us.

1 Like

Well shoot, his profile is hidden.

Is there a way to mute someone with a hidden profile I wonder?

I don’t really like having discussions with someone who is going to be so obtuse.

From my few minutes of googling, need/greed was a commonly accepted way of dealing with loot but it was not actually a thing until WoW came out and made it official.

20 years ago, we were using dial-up, lets go back I say

2 Likes

Yes, just click on your settings and navigate to the ignore feature. Preferences → Users → Ignored → and then add my name. You might want to use a different word to describe me than “obtuse” though since it was you who was just called out and proven wrong but is now trying to block me due to your ego. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

See for the link for the how to:
[Forum issue] Unable to ignore hidden profiles - Technical Support - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Even need/green can’t be considered instanced loot? You are rolling on a shared pool of loot. But it is still a different system from FFA of course, and fits the bill for the kind of loot system being discussed for D2R.

3 Likes

Thank you.

That is a fair point, I was thinking of ploot in general but yeah it would be different than instanced loot.

You would have to be pretty “obtuse” to try to use that as evidence against a personal loot option. :joy:

You are only mentioning yourself asking for it in 2005. If you had told me that the forums were flooded with people begging for personal loot back then it would be different. I didn’t say that literally nobody ever asked for it, though. I’ve seen plenty of repeated complaints/suggestions about D2 over the years but “personal loot” was not among them until now.

My point was that after having played D2 online for so long the personal loot thing is just now becoming a big debate. Inexperience is not an explanation as to how I could have been in tens of thousands of games with other players and never see people discussing personal loot. The real explanation is that it was something only a small amount of the player base wanted.