Trying to pull over swampland waders from WD character

A recent buildguide by Raxxanterax suggested that the best set for Corpse Explosion or Grim Scythe build was to obtain Swampland Waders from an alternate WD character. I’m playing seasonal so I had to create a new WD fresh to do shared loot. Now I realize that I have to generate a level 70 WD to obtain these pants. If I want to upgrade them to ancient I have to put together Kanai’s cube with the alternate WD character just to get the right pants for this build. Too much time! Also everything he demonstrates in his video is with primal gear. How can a “normal” player aspire to anything like that?

All you need the WD for is to get the pants in the first place. Reforging them in the Cube can be done on any hero you like, it doesn’t have to be the WD.

I wonder how long I need to grind with my WD before the pants drop? Thanks for the info on Kanai’s Cube.

Assuming you have the blacksmith fully upgraded then you will only need a level 1 witch doctor. Create your witch doctor, go to the blacksmith, make level 70 yellow pants, go to the cube, use the third page recipe, upgrade your pants to legendaries. They will be level 70, so long as you made level 70 pants. You do not need to level the witch doctor. After you get your swampland waders, put them in your stash and reforge them until you get a roll that works for your character. Maybe you get lucky and make a primal pair while doing your upgrading (assuming you have completed your solo 70).

2 Likes

I haven’t seen swampland waders among the recipes that the blacksmith knows. Can I get any level 70 pants from the blacksmith and convert them to SW in the cube?

Swampland Waders are not craft-able. As mentioned, your WD needs to have the Blacksmith craft level 70 yellow pants and use the Cube recipe to convert the yellow pants to a legendary item. You can use the shared Mats gathered from your main character to do the converts. Rinse and Repeat till you get Swampland Waders.

Once you get them, the WD special affix isn’t needed. You can move the SW pants over to your Necro char and reroll what you need.

I gave the exact details of what to do to make the swampland waders in my last post.

Create your witch doctor, go to the blacksmith, make level 70 yellow pants (sovereign ascended faulds), go to the cube, use the third page recipe, upgrade your pants to legendary. Keep upgrading the yellow pants until you get a pair of swampland waders.

Thanks. I think I got it now. I need to reroll the yellow pants while in WD character and keep rolling until I get them. The interesting thing is that I have the jeweler, the blacksmith and the enchantress with this character even though I haven’t reached level 70 with the WD. I guess having earned them with my necro has made them available to my second character, the WD.

When you start a new season, the game unlocks the adventure mode without having to complete the campaign with at least one of your characters. So everything is unlocked in towns the moment the season starts. You can level the artisans up no matter what your level is. Also you don’t have to be lvl 70 for swamp land pants. You can craft lvl 70 pants on a level 1 witch doctor and you can use the third recipe in the cube. Sooner or later you will find them. Just make sure you have a few deaths breaths and other materials. Exactly the same thing with stone gauntlets although in that case you do it with a strength character instead. Lastly, you also need to find the cube once every season. Once you do, every other character you create will have the cube available in towns.

The new problem that i have encountered is the kanai’s cube which i have available to me while playing my necro character is not available to me while playing my WD character. If I bring a pair of WD pants over to my necro via the loot box, they won’t upgrade from rare in my necro Kanai’s cube. Currently completing my WD quests in order to create a 2nd Kanai’s Cube.

:roll_eyes:

It seems you literally need step-by-step instructions…

1. Create a level 1 Witch Doctor
  2. Go to the Blacksmith and craft some Sovereign Ascended Faulds (level 70, rare, pants)
  3. Go to Kanai’s Cube
  4. Using the Cube’s “Upgrade rare to legendary” recipe, upgrade the pants you crafted at the Blacksmith until you get a pair of Swamp Land Waders (or make a few)
  5. Put the Swamp Land Waders into your Stash
  6. Switch to your level 70 Necromancer
  7. Take the Swamp Land Waders out of your Stash
  8. Go to the Cube and use the “Reforge Legendary” recipe with the Swamp Land Waders to try and get an ancient version of them

I literally have no idea what you’re on about the Necro and WD having different Cubes, unless you’re referring to which powers you could set as active in them (as some powers are class specific). There is absolutely no requirement for the WD to be higher than level 1 to accomplish what you want to do.

When I enter D3 as my secondary WD character there is no Zoltan Kulle, no Kanai’s cube and hence no way to upgrade anything. What I’m attempting to do now is to finish the 5 regions of the original game, acquire the cube in zone 5 and create another Kanai’s Cube, but this time in the world of the secondary WD character. I have no idea what you’re on about that the secondary characer has a Kanai’s Cube ready and waiting for me upon entering the world of the secondary character. True, the jeweler, enchantress and blacksmith are there. But no Zoltan Kulle and no cube. Hmmmm. Why would my experience be different than yours? BTW, thanks for all of the time and help that you’ve shared with me so far.

Which indicates that you’re entering in Campaign Mode on your WD.
Change it to Adventure Mode and Kulle, and the Cube, will be there.

Brilliant. Now that I understand how to get the Kanai Cube working for my secondary WD character I have a new problem. Regardless of what rare item that I put in the cube to do “upgrade rare,” I receive the message “transformation failed.” I have submitted a bug report to Blizzard to see if this may be remedied.

The rare item you use must be level 70, which is why my step-by-step list included making rare, level 70 pants at the Blacksmith for use in the upgrade recipe. If you attempt to use non-level-70 items the upgrade will fail. Take a screenshot of exactly what you’re putting into the cube and link it here…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm

Do you have al of the required materials to upgrade, 50 of each reusable parts, arcane dust, and veiled crystals and 25 death breaths?

You need to have this amount for each attempt at upgrading rares.

You may also gain alot of info from watching this video:

Edit, did not notice this was 15 days old.