Trust Level 3 Glitch/ TL3 Requirements

Hi all,

Not sure where to post this since it is a forum issue and not game issue. I wonder if MissCheetah or Nevalistis or anyone else knows what is going on/has a similar problem.

I think that I have met all the TL3 requirements (since the 20,000 post read count has been reduced). As you can tell from my stats below, I seem to have met the criteria. I even looked back to make sure that I have given likes to >30 unique users and received likes from >30 unique posters. Also, I have distributed my replies to over 20 distinct topics.

Does this affect anyone else?

Also, my account forum/in game has always been in good standing (never suspended).

Stats

• 52 days visited

• 19h read time

• 18h recent read time

• 1.0k topics viewed

• 16.7k posts read

• 625 likes given

• 1 bookmark

• 4 topics created

• 34 posts created

• 109 likes received

Do you have a source for this? I remember something like this being discussed at one point but I don’t think we ever received a confirmation from anyone actually in the know, and people mostly assumed that those who are sub-20,000 but have TL3 were given it manually…

By the way, apart from the posts read count, I also meet all the other criteria, and I don’t have TL3, so I don’t think this is a glitch…

Yeah, I’ve seen this list before. And yes, there are people on that list who are below 20k, or even below 10k but no one seems to know what the reason for that is.

We’ve had a topic about it, and Miss Cheetah said there that none of these accounts were manually added but there was no real explanation as to why some people get TL3 and some don’t. Perhaps there’s another layer to this and if you have received 500 likes, you only need 10k reads or something along those lines.

This is the other thread that I was referencing:

They have not said what was tweaked and what was not. I know some things were reduced just based on who got TL3.

It seems that the access is not instant when you hit the requirements. More like a sweep that adds folks once ever X time period.

It could be some cron job happening once per week for example.

It is faster than that. If you look at the added dates you can see some are consecutive days.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/groups/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at

2 Likes

Myself and Boubou had a brief discussion about this on the EU forums as he recently got TL3 on EU and I haven’t, despite me having read every single EU English thread / post on the forums. Only thing that looked like it might have been a limitation for me was low number of likes given (had plenty of likes received). I now have enough likes given but still not TL3…

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/groups/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at

…so as it could be an automated daemon / cron / at job that grants it to qualifying accounts overnight, I guess I’ll see tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah I talked to him about it too. He was wondering if he got it manually, which is possible. I had nothing to do with it though and don’t know anyone in the EU who works for Blizz. I only got involved on the US side. I have zero insight into any of the EU stuffs.

1 Like

He says not, as he got it as soon as he got sufficient “likes received” apparently. That’s why I was frantically handing out likes this evening to get my “likes given” to 30. I have to confess, Boubou’s gotten a lot of EU likes tonight from me but he deserves them as he helps a lot of folks out on EU Tech Support.

1 Like

He is honestly fantastic both there and here on the US side. That is why I asked for him to get TL 3 manually here when the forums first switched. He is such a huge help on TS, Bug, and General with all things related to helping people.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

I got TL3 few hours after I reached 50 days visited with all other requirements met including at least 20,000 posts read.

I guess those who haven’t read 20k posts must do it too and others who got TL3 with less than 20k posts read probably got it manually.

Yep, this means it’s on a daily basis.

No. Getting added manually is kind of a big deal. It takes a Blizzard staff member recommending and justifying it as well as management approving it. Why? Because manually added folks are not just in the standard TL3 group, they are in a special group. Normal TL3 folks can have TL3 auto drop off if they don’t participate or get suspended/banned. Manually added folks don’t. They keep theirs unless manually removed. That means oversight…and Blizz won’t engage in oversight of that many folks unless really justified. That is why all the approvals.

There are only 5 or 6 who got added manually who were not in the MVP program.

I guess you’re right. I have no idea what the new requirements for TL3 are, so don’t know why some people didn’t get it yet…

So maybe the post read count has been dropped to 10k? That’s the only thing I appear to be lagging behind in:

• 90 days visited
  • 2d read time
  • 911 topics viewed
  • 8.2k posts read
  • 142 likes given
  • 4 topics created
  • 181 posts created
  • 279 likes received

When my trust level got to 3, I believe my post read count was less than 7k or at least around there.

Ok, so I guess I’m simply not a person that one should trust… :grinning:

Welcome to the Europe English TL3 clubhouse, Meteorblade, and gratz :sparkles: :firecracker: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/groups/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at

Actually… I was feeling kind of lonely in there… so I’m glad you found your way in. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, I guess it was the “30 likes given” thing after all. Whatever they dropped the requirements to for the EU forums it’s way, way lower than for the US forums as on EU I have 392 topics viewed / 2.3K posts viewed.