Trust Level 2 - Which domains are we allowed to link to?

My understanding is that trust levels are region specific. They are also game forum specific.

2 Likes

I also tried to link in the Europe version… Patch 2.6.6 PTR Has Concluded - 8/1 - Diablo III
no go.

Perhaps when the French version comes out… whenever that is !!

But I doubt it… Europe English speakers can’t link to Europe English announcement too… even when they’re TL 2.

Lol this is gonna end up like “we need t20” threads

1 Like

Only if they gonna powercreep it an let every single post count as several 100 posts and every minute spend on the forum count as several hundret minutes as well.

3 Likes

Sort of. For the America’s the TL 3 extends to all the US D3 forums. For the EU the Region is separate of course, but the Language ones are too.

Hello MissCheetah : Not sure I understand what you mean…

I’m TL3 on the US English forums, and TL0 on both the US Spanish and Portugese forums.

In Europe… yeah… each language is independent and I am TL2 in both English and French forums. TL3 is going to be impossible to achieve unless Blizzard steps in and start awarding that level of trust… or they change the requirements (but that is the subject of another conversation).

I tried to link to La mise à jour 2.6.6 de Diablo III est désormais disponible pour la phase de test sur les RPT ! — Diablo III — Actualités Blizzard this morning from my EU French forum account… no can do. So it does appear one needs TL3 to provide clickable links to blogs.

As of August 4, 2019 (Day 28 of the new forum), the trust level distribution is:

TL ________ User # ______Percent
TL 0 _______ 2,516 ______100.00%
TL 1________1,195 _______47.50%
TL 2 _________244 ________9.69%
TL 3 __________71** ______2.82%
** =Manual TL

There are ~1,100 topics and ~12,200 posts.

Edited date and for prettiness. Thanks MissCheetah

1 Like

I am going to assume you used some sort of odd date format. It is August 4th, 2019. Not Aug 8, 2018.

How do you see Trust Levels of players?

For you or someone that you know their battletag

See:

For overall number, you can look at MissCheetah as her json file will tell the numbers of player at or below the user’s current trust level. I think she is TL3+

You currently are trust level 1. Looking at your forum summary, I think that you have completed all requirements for trust level 2 except you still need to visit the forum on two more days.

1 Like

No, it is the number of users who visited the forum and not the number of subscribers.

5 Likes

You are beyond wrong. Historically, for ANY game, the number of people on the forums are a small fraction of the total player base. For WoW, they have to also be subscribed. So you have a limited group, limited even more by subs. Most estimates I see say between 5 and 10% of the playerbase touches the forums.

For WoW that means they have a 5 to 10% base, subscribed, that was 473,440 back when I did the analysis. If the 5 to 10% forum minority is anything to go on, WoW is fine. Reality - we are still looking at millions of players.

Testing embeding video.

Farming Inferno in old D3 days:

3 Likes

I think you may want to re-think this.

I have a feeling that:

The “user count” is the number assigned to you when you acquired that trust level.

My numbers are completely different and larger than yours in your post there.

So…

this makes me think that the number you see, is in fact your assigned value when obtaining that rank. Just a thought.

I could be wrong of course.

If I’m right about this:

I was the 5,110th person to obtain level 0.
The 2,050th person to obtain level 1.
And the 428th person to obtain level 2.

Not that I care about who got what first, but I would be interested to see if that holds up.

But in response to the OP which we deviated from, YES the whitelist needs updated. Badly.

Game on.

I don’t think so.

The number on MissCheetah’s post was captured on Jul. If you check her (or your) JSON now, the user counts change.

1 Like

Ah. Yeah, in just checking yours:

103 (for 3)

Ah well. Didn’t think to look at anyone else’s at that point. It was late. lol

me too strange isn’t it, very strange

As TL2 one can link only to Youtube properly. You need TL3 to be able to link to everything.

1 Like

certainly not:

David Icke - YouTube

josh bernstein - YouTube

I see this as links. Try different site and you will see you can’t convert these to links.