Trust Level 2 - Which domains are we allowed to link to?

d3planner I think should potentially be added as a trusted domain for linking. d3planner is a crucial tool I use for build guides to show ideal rolls.

4 Likes

So let’s try with www.blizzard.com
Yeeei, I’m a TL 2​:sunglasses::heart_eyes:

Testing…testing

OH DEER :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m TL1, how am I able to post youtube vids? Ok ok, testing once more for posterity…

LMAO 2:18 I didn’t even know dogs flinched!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: And can someone translate at 1:00? All I hear is BOYOBOYOBOYOBOYO

1 Like
2 Likes

I think TL2 posters should be allowed to create links to more websites, however, I think the requirements for TL2 should be much higher.

This are the current ones:

But what about this (just to throw around some ideas):

• Visiting at least 30 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 30 likes (only a maximum of 5 per day count, everything beyond that should not, to disincentivize spamming likes just for the purpose of getting to TL2 and it also means you need at least 6 days to fulfill that requirement)
  • Receiving at least 30 likes
  • Replying to at least 20 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 250 posts
  • Spend a total of 400 minutes reading posts

TL2 should indicate that you are at least a regular, so that shouldn’t be too hard for a regular, especially since the TL2 requirements can be accumulated over a longer perious of time and unlike TL3 requirements do not decay over time.

Hm, maybe we even could need TL4 to make better distinctions.
TL4 would be the current TL3 and the new TL3 would also be gated behind your activity within the last xx days or weeks as well just like TL4, which means a TL3 poster would be a regular and a TL2 poster (which would have the current requirements) would be someone who has gotten all of that over a longer period of time, but currently isn’t active too much atm.

1 Like

After the first 2 weeks there are 121 TL2. -do you think that’s too many? -I’m fairly positive that if any of the trust levels are abused by users they have options to degrade you to level 1 and even set your level to not be able to level above your current…

If I see another cat video on D3 forums, I may hock up a fur ball.

4 Likes

Well I went back to youtube to find one just for you…and then I noticed the “recommendations”. Among them was…“ridiculous cats XXXXXX”.

You don’t need me to post the full title, you catch my drift just fine. I can’t figure out, for the life of me, how we go from “cats having brain freeze” and “funny lolcats” to cat reproduction vids. Help me connect the dots, fam.

:open_mouth::grimacing::scream:

It would be OK if it was vids of a cat named Diablo showing his daily activities getting back into power…

Every time I see your username, all I can visualize is them

1 Like

Great, so I ask a sensible question about the TL2 whitelist of domains (due to not being able to link to a Blizzard-owned domain) and what I end up with is a thread full of embedded cat videos. Yeah, I’m sure nothing’s wrong with this setup…

4 Likes

So catty…sheesh :pouting_cat: :pouting_cat: :pouting_cat:

1 Like

Cat astropic failure…:cat: :lion: :tiger:

2 Likes

Fine…here is a dog video:

2 Likes

This is shortly after King Leoric succumbed to the madness.

1 Like

I get your pain.

4 Likes

There’s another:

What do you think is going to happen to that number when their next big Diablo project is releasing? When that happens, the requirements for TL2 are easily reachable…

…in fact I would say too easily reachable which is why I suggested to either increase the requirements for TL2 or to add another trust level between TL1 and the highest TL (the one that can create wiki posts and post gifs) so we end up with 4 trust levels in total, where TL2 keeps its current requirements, the current TL3 become TL4 and the new TL3 would have for example the requirements I posted in my earlier post in this thread (and maybe even have that gated based on the last x weeks, so it would decay over time).

I don’t think they have any major D3 releases, so this forum is pretty safe from flooding, I think what’s going to happen is they open a new forum exclusively for that title - why would they change strategy in that regard?