Trading was removed from D3. The game is boring as a result. Botting rampant. D4 suggestion

Diablo 3 is a major bot fest. Trading didn’t stop that, it just made the game boring and did nothing to solve botting.

Diablo 4 will have trading, because Blizzard is aware that it is needed. I just hope they realise if they make it too restricted to please certain whiners, they’ll be seriously harming the longevity of their game. A lot of people play to mass wealth and items. But it’s pointless to do that if there is no meaningful trading.

It removes most of the feeling of excitement and value in finding items if you cannot trade them.

Just give those who don’t want trading a self found only option. Either through a seperate mode, or let them play with everyone else but with trading turned off, and a special name colour/tag so people can see how ‘pure’ they are. Let self found only players have their own leaderboard too.

I quite like the special name status idea. It’s sort of like hardcore mode, but instead of perma death you can’t trade. But you get the special status and you even play in the same world as everyone else. So there’s no need to seperate the modes.

Here’s another idea: Do it like mentioned above but in reverse. Allow people to select ‘trading enabled’ when creating your character. You’ll have some kind of tag that allows people to see that you are a trading character, so people will assume you won’t have ‘earned’ all of your own gear. On the leaderboards, trading characters will be clearly marked so people know who is trading and who is not.

33 Likes

This is a direct violation of the TOS and can get you BANNED

This stopped the 3rd Party Seller Sites.

Restricting Trading is great cause then those 3rd Party Sites that come up from OPEN Trading dont exist or theres no benefit for them to run. This also forces the player to play the game and kill monsters not SPAM Trade Chat for X Weopon.

No it doesnt if a GG item drops for a Sorc and im playing a Barb well im going to make a SORC . It doesnt diminish the value or excitement of gear.

I want trading but i dont want OPEN TRADE like you want as of course everyones going ot play that cause then they have a larger item pool and its going to be easier to gear. Problem is that comes as at PRICE = 3RD PARTY SELLER SITES.
Restricted Trading works for everyone and everyone gets a small piece of the pie so to speak.

15 Likes

Your answer to D3 being plagued with botting, is that it’s bannable. As if that somehow nullifies my point.

Then my response to you is that they don’t need to restrict trading due to rmt, this is a direct violation of the TOS and can get you BANNED.

3 Likes

I don’t care what other people do. It doesn’t affect my play. At all. If there was some sort of competition that yielded something tangible, I’d care. But there isn’t, so I don’t.

7 Likes

Lets start by implementing a game with Options that ACTIVELY push our players to CHEAT if they want to be TOP TIER…
No Thank You
OPEN TRADE = GARBAGE

Removing Trading didnt make it boring AT ALL. Your Topic Title is Completely FALSE and OPINIONATED.

You call D3 a Botfest and say Botting is Rempant but that has nothing to do with Trade being OPEN / RESTRICTED OR EVERYTHING BOA.

2 Likes

I disagree. It wasn’t the lack of trading that made the game boring, it’s the end game. It’s the constant grind of XP with no end point and the repetitive grind of GRs. It’s basically just doing the same content over and over again with little value.

3 Likes

We have already that in D3 bud. A game with options that push players to cheat if they want to be top tier. Which is why the top tier in D3 is full of botters .

It’s a fact that a lot of players enjoy collecting a large wealth of items. If you can’t trade any of it that becomes boring real fast and the game will lose many players who see no point in continuing to play.

Blizzard is supposed to be returning to the D2 roots with this game, not attempting another D3 turd. If they make another D3, the franchise is dead.

6 Likes

Its not easy to design a game with INFINITE things to do. Eventually players will chew through the content available and its a never neding cycle of constantly asking for more . DEVS cant patch and add content forever

I trade with players in my Party. I find D3 FUN not BORING. So your statement is false and doesnt apply to everyone.

You might think D3 was Garbage but its clear you just want a D2 CLONE which also ISNT HAPPENING. From what we have seen its a mix.

D3 doesnt push players to cheat. What does that is the mentallity that being Number 1 on a leaderboard somehow gets you something. However if you OPEN TRADE then your instantly saying hey want to play with X group doing X content. Well you cant unless you either bot or have this top tier rare AF gear. Go here to buy it.

Whats on topic hear though is TRADE not BOTTING.
Anything to prevent 3RD PARTY SELLING and reduce the amount of cheating going on, im all for. I dont want to see a game designed for 2 different audiences and split a community.

Botting is 3rd party selling, just in a different form. Instead of buying items from 3rd party, the cheaters just pay for a well made bot program so they can bot their way to the top instead. Diablo 3 greatly encourages and rewards this behaviour which is why it is so rampant.

Who cares if someone uses their credit card to buy some items. Does it ruin your game? You want to ruin everyone elses game because of your obsession. If you care so much, play self trade only so everyone can be in awe at how pure you are.

1 Like

D2 is pay for power because people just buy what they need from a third party site and advance in game.

D4 will have trading, but if they make it too open to please certain whiners, they’ll seriously be harming the the integrity of their game.

Speak for yourself. I want to find and use powerful items to kill monsters, not be a trader who spends more time in a market than actually playing the game.

3 Likes

You’re completely and utterly wrong.

I barely traded in D2 at all, because it took time to do. But the fact that it was there for me as an option, to trade anything I found in the game was what gave greatly added value and pleasure in finding items.

They just need to avoid having an auction house, because it makes trading too easy. Just have it simple as a trade window only. Auction house just makes it so that every half decent item ends up for sale and changing hands. In D2 I didn’t trade often. In vanilla D3, every decent item I got went on the auction house.

2 Likes

Yea, regardless of trade. Eventually a game gets old, unless new content is added. But at least in D2, there were more finite goals where in D3, we’re faced with a no cap on paragons and at least at current, GR 150 solo isn’t a realistic goal.

stop posting dude, you are clueless

5 Likes

Its so easy: make the game hard. D2 was easy and so was D3. Have you ever tried to bot in Median XL? Probably not because it takes organic brain matter to play properly :upside_down_face:

tl;dr OP takes pleasure from the possibility of trading items

1 Like

In a game where PVP is non existent I really don’t care how someone else chooses to play. It doesn’t matter at all what the status of somebody else’s character is. That’s why I never understood the Hysteria about the auction house. What someone else decides to do in this game does not affect me.

1 Like

LOLZ so is buying 3rd party see the irony here??? And it can get you “banned”.

double lolz. There are still 3rd party seller sites for D3, they will farm specific items on your account or farm you paragons for $$. So you can still literally buy items. Dupefest has nothing to do with trading. The dupes were do to bugs/hacks/exploits that were fixed.

lolz wrong there is still 3rd party for D3 and people still use them to buy advantage the ONLY thing that no-trade helped was reduce spam.

It absolutely does. i hate melee. Last Seasons I found 4 primals none of which were good for any of the skills/character I am remotely interested in playing. such a waste of time grinding for primals I can’t use nor want to when in D2 I could at least traded them. No trade is an a terrible design. The proper solution is “No-trade” characters. give the players the best of both worlds

5 Likes

Irony how , i dont support using 3rd Party App in any way shape or form and support Blizzards stance on this and can see why OPEN Trade isnt happening.
People who Bot are also lazy and personally i think are abit scum cause they ruin the game for people who want to legitimatelly push Leaderboards.

Buying an Item and Giving your password / account to someone else to play is completely different.

Restrictive Trade is the way to go.

Diablo 3 actively pushes the players to CHEAT just as much as Diablo II did lol.
Removing trading did make it more boring for me so your “AT ALL” is completely false and OPINIONATED.

Um yes it has a lot to do with restricted trading. People who would just go buy their stuff in D2 now have to look for other lazy methods to get it AKA BOTTING.

Just create “no-trade” character options and call it good. you can play in your no trade fairly tale land and I can play in my open trading fairly tale land.

No it isn’t “Restrict yourself from being able to trade because you can’t stand that some people trade” is the way to go AKA a “no-trade” option during character creation. Hell put “no-trade” characters on their own server too I dont mind if they complain about splitting the player base I don’t wanna play with them anyways and you sound like you don’t want to play with traders so even better

5 Likes