Toughness comparaison between 2 barb's profiles

Hello,

I am comparing my barb (https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/olimathu-2790/hero/132980707) to this one : https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Barahir-2600/hero/42241886, i don’t understand why he has got a lot more of toughness than me.

He’s 700 paragon points higher but it seems that all parameters are nearly same as mine.

I am curious to discover what is producing this difference. I would like to give up band of might but at rift level 125, i take too much damage.

I see that he plays with convention.I would like to be able to play like him.

Does someone understand how he can have so much toughness comparing to my barb ?

Thank you !

Well, I’m not sure why he would have that much more toughness, though he does have maybe 4500 more mainstat than you. And he has an extra RCR roll, which helps out his toughness a little via the CC set.

By the way, don’t use BR: Bloodshed. It’s terrible with Rend (Rend can’t crit). If you’re using the BK swords, what you want is BR: ItF.

Hello,

Thank you Rage for you advice. I will change that this evening ! He has more mainstat, i agree. But is this not already included ? If he chosed to put 700 paragons points in vitality, should’nt this be visible oin the armory ? or not ?

(sorry for my bad english)

Nope, armory doesn’t show your Paragon allocation… that’s why it shows you as having only 13.7k Str. I imagine that at 3k paragon and augs 110-120, you have considerably more Str than that.

You’re right ! Thank you !

I would strongly advise you to reconsider trying to go with crimson. It is great for speed and up to the point you start failing runs. Band of might is possibly the most OP defensive item in the game. Then you add being able to stomp which create large packs of pixled mobs. This makes core actually have more damage the crimson in the situations all top barbs fish for.

ok i will see that this evening. Thank you !

Is this true? Did they change something or was it always like that?

Yes it’s true, and it has certainly been that way for a long time.

Rend does get a damage bonus from CHC and CHD, but by taking those two stats as a combined average, and then applying them directly to every tick from Rend.

So, if, say, you increase your CHC by 15% and your CHD by 100%, this adds the exact same amount of average dps to Rend as it would to Frenzy, Seismic Slam, Avalanche, etc.

But with Rend, that just appears as higher white damage. And since Bloodshed bases its damage only on crits, it doesn’t work at all with Rend.

1 Like

Thank you for the info Rage. I didn’t know that was the case with rend.

So just out of curiosity, sometimes i see swords to ploughshares been used by players, which still says crits can heal you. Maybe this works even though Rend cannot crit, only because whirlwind can crit? Also, Marauder’s Rage and Into the fray are still decent straight-up damage buffs, right?

Yeah, StP heals you via WW crits. Marauders is not very good, just an extra 5% additive. ItF is very good- can add up to 30+% CHC, which is a lot of extra damage.

1 Like

Yeah but the only way you can do that is if you get enough LoH to avoid using the ploughshares one.

Yeah, there are two situations in which you’d use ItF. One would be the one you’re describing, where you have very high paragon. The other would be perhaps early in a season, or for a new player, if you happened to have a great pair of BK blades but a terrible IB set (or no IB set). Then you can use WW: Blood Funnel for healing and BR:ItF for extra damage.

This is definitely not as good as the standard IB setup. But it’s the best way to make use of BK if that’s all you’ve got.