Torment Difficulty

T16 is stated to be the same difficulty as a GR 75. In reality it’s probably closer to 78-80. The only difficulty in this game after acquiring reasonable gear is higher and higher GR which lacks variety. Since there’s no chance of tuning down the power creep would either of the following be doable this season?

1. Increase torment difficulties up to tier 25-30 (about GR 120-130)
  2. Rebalance t1-t16 so t16 is equivalent to GR 120-130 (this would also help with finding groups compared to having 25 torment groups.

Sucks that the only challenge in the game is pushing a higher GR and HC not dying to lag or dc.

Help me Old Blizz Kenobi, you’re my only hope.

theres no reason to buff Torment Difficulty. That would kill some Key farm builds and how they want to Ballance Magic found and key drops on T25? you want 20 keys and 100 Legs every rift?

2 Likes

Here we go again…

There are several threads about this subject… One of these

2 Likes

Yeah but the reason is weird. “sucks hard that the Whole game ist just Pushing Grifts higher and higher” Wow if you buff Torment you get faster keys and Pushing more Grifts faster and faster :smiley:

Fair point but they don’t have to scale the drop rate that linear. Perhaps at a T25 you get 10-12 keys which would be fair considering you went from a sub 1 minute farm to maybe a 3 minute farm.

As for the legendary drops, those key farms aren’t picking up the 20+ legendary drops that are already in T16 so that quantity doesn’t matter too much. But if you’re spending 3 times as long in a rift thats roughly 400% more difficult then I believe those additional drops aren’t damaging to the play.

I do feel it would encourage more people to group up for normal rifts if they are more challenging. As it stands now, I’m not 100% certain but it’s much more efficient to do the t16 solo with follower geared for extras keys and mats but at the cost of blowing through content and making it feel like more of a chore than an experience.

Remember when T16 first came out and people took time to get to it, then grouped up to get through it faster. Pepperidge Farm does.

Now it’s possible to clear a T16 solo in 45 seconds? Less maybe, I don’t know. Most of it you don’t know what you killed or hit. Everything on your screen just died and some things off the screen.

They don’t need more torment. They need more endgame.

Just because a game has 20 difficulty levels doesn’t mean the 21st isn’t the solution.

I’d be down with the 21st difficulty being a stuffy build-a-GRrrr.

1 Like

I rather see the NUMBER of difficulties cut down and the difficulties rebalanced. Right now the MAIN difficulties used are:
Normal (GR1) - Speed Things or Drops dont matter
Expert (GR4) - General level people level 1-70 on
Torment 1 (GR10) - First level that Torment + stuff is run (people that dont use or have access to the cache run here.
Torment 6 (GR25) - Max for Pre-70s
Torment 16 (GR75) - Max Torment, General farming

Thats 6 difficulties right there. I’d add add some of the following as people DO run this as they are breakpoints for things like bounties or jumps in material drops. These are:
Torment 4, 7, & 11
This makes 9 Difficulties that are generally the “most” ran.

I’d say you could add 1-3 more difficulties above T16 level:
1- GR 100 (T21 level) ← Main Recommendation
2- GR 125 (T26 level)
3- GR 150 (T31 Level)

Essentially it would go
Normal - Old Normal (GR1)
Hard - Old Expert (GR4)
Expert - Old Torment 1 (GR10)
Master - Old Torment 4 (GR19)
Torment - Old Torment 6 (GR25)
Nightmare - Old Torment 11 (GR50)
Hell - Old Torment 16 (GR75)
Terror - New Torment 21 (GR100)
Inferno - New Torment 26 (GR125)
Diabolical - New Torment 31 (GR150)

Holy Cow! If they added a giant stuffed bear as a boss and named it Build-a-GRrrr, I would send you a gift basket!

You can reduce the number of Torment lvls, but Nephalem Rifts don’t need to be too difficult.

A lot of players can’t access to your Terror/Inferno/Diabolical lvls.

It will be always the same players, and with your “idea”, Meta will be applied to Nephalem Rifts.

Same META, same classes, same players…

Awesome…