Too much loot - crash

So, earlier today I wrote a post about having too much loot (mostly in visions), but then decided not to QQ.

And now, lo and behold, a (goblin) vision just crashed!
Too much loot is not only a problem for goblins, apparently.

No but seriously, I think visions should come with an autopick / automerge feature. 35 portals in a single vision is a bit too much.

… unless I accidentally close it by killing the special goblin and clicking its cache, in which case FML, I lost so effin much loot. Since I actually killed most of them.

Regardless, the end user perspective is the same. The vision closed without my permission or intention due to having too much screen clutter. (I pressed Alt to hide nameplates, but they show anyway for a while.)

When you say “crash” do you mean the game disconnected or quit on you? That’s bad luck of course. Hasn’t happened to me in any of the seasons with visions… yet at least.

Accidentally clicking on the chest has happened to me one or two times. If you have a build that can clear a whole screen from one position then be careful and se if a new portal spawns or not. If not then it likely could be the end floor.

2 Likes

I just got teleported back to town and the portal from the world was gone.
I didn’t notice the countdown on my screen.
Teleport to town might be the normal behavior on any closure.
I also got instant paragon upon being teleported to town (despite still in combat).

Hence the thought, maybe it was user “error”. Quoted because I was practically blind.

I did click it once before accidentally, but I noticed and managed to quickly mop up materials, gems and the massive amount of act mats (given it was like the 25th floor of the vision).

I must have had at least 1000 pieces of loot on the ground, so it’s very much plausible to me that the instance got aborted. (Like some builds due to too much action.) 25-50 goblins dropping gold, gems, materials, bit of running around… It was the circle map from Act3 Arreat Crater.

(I noticed that descending to a vision, each level drops more loot. First floor usually just 3-4 items, but by the 10-15th which is still regular, I get 2-3 items per creature. I didn’t count but I was in this vision for 30+ minutes at this point.)

Anyway, just explaining and answering, just in case there is a point! :slight_smile:

It must have been the timer running out that you didn’t notice :frowning_face:

1 Like

The most likely explanation is that you clicked on the chest accidentally during the loot pickup. I have done this maybe twice since these were introduced.

Since then, I keep an eye on the mini-map and clear the areas not near the chest and save that for last.

4 Likes

This is probably what happened. You need to be careful especially on goblin floors as the end goblin merges with all the other goblins. As Jazz said, look for the “next floor” portal. If you don’t see one, you more than likely have killed the end goblin.

Unless you have a bad connection, too much loot in a Vision won’t drop you. I have opened 415 bounty caches in town and still didn’t get dropped. It lagged like a mother, but no DC.

1 Like

I might be wrong but isn’t there limit on the areas that open. I thought I read some where it is 1 to 5 is 20, 6 to 10 is 40 and 11 to 15 is 60. I thought the most you could have is 15.

2 Likes

True. Maybe Aphandra means something else by “portals”? Like 35 ports to town to salvage?

1 Like

Disconnects can happen at very random times lately. Blizzard servers are very crowded since people anticipate D4’s fourth Season. Fissures don’t crash you out to town from overload of loot all of a sudden. Most you get an abrupt lag spike from glittering loot on your screen or gelatin goblins turning to dust and leaving no loot or split copies.

Possibly that you clicked the end of Fissure loot chest, didn’t notice it between all those Goblins and scattered loot. This is why I always keep my initiate skill at M1 and main skills at M2 or numbered action slots so I have control where I click when I finish Goblins.

1 Like

Here is one that just happen to me today. I was helping two guys to get gear for their DH’s. I open a cow level to see if we could get gear. Well we got 2 vision.

Then the one person said he had to leave. So we kept going 2 more vision.

Then something happen to this person. He came back to town and I think his computer crash. He went off-line. Well wait for few minutes to see he was coming back nope.

I went back in to finish the cow level. I got 5 more vision. So in that one cow level I got 9 vision to open up.

The most I ever had was 3 and I thought was good. I got over 300 bounty mats.

1 Like

It is interesting what triggers the Visions (obviously it involves killing monsters). If I walk to Adria, I usually get 1 or 2, but sometimes I’ve had as many as 5 Visions. The amount of monsters is roughly the same, but the frequency of the Visions can be vastly different.

1 Like

I suspect it’s simply flat chance on kills.
The path to Adria is full with these little bugs. I get two on average, too.
The other place with ultra frequency (same reason) is the dungeon to, umm, Necromancer expansion boss guy.
Tends to spawn with cursed chests of 100 kills, as well.

I usually do them alongside a single act of bounties and definitely see a correlation. Typically get two per act.

Of course there is a limit of one vision portal per game, so if - e.g. while leveling - you don’t enter, no more spawns.

I use this to my benefit.

I will be doing bounties, one will spawn, I will make note of it and complete that act. Then I will go do the vision afterwards.

I do this, because I don’t want to have several pop up while focusing on another task. I can leave it, finish the other task, then do the vision.

2 Likes