Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2

It is a rather shocking release. I’ve maybe stood on a skateboard for all of a minute 47 seconds in my life yet I can’t put the game down. It is mind blowing. The skill ceiling is exceptionally high, yet I’m rewarded for persistent effort and getting up again each time after I fall with finally nailing a combo. All the rewards are earned in game playing the game and the game is fully playable solo offline (on console) but has a fun multiplayer component where competitions are won competing with one’s self.

This is truly bewildering because Activision published the game. Maybe it’s not surprising because lately Activision has been on a tear respecting players and earning goodwill. Modern Warfare is packed with content and has something in there for everyone. May Activision continue to reap the rewards. My hope is that Blizzard takes a page out of Activision‘s book. Diablo 4 does not need to be a mmo with a persistent internet connection. It can be like Diablo, Diablo 2, and Diablo 3. Heck why not make it a Diablo game for those who want to play a Diablo game.

Not everything going forward needs to be like World of Warcraft or built around social with paid cosmetics. This is not a recipe for continued success. There is already a World of Warcraft. There is already an Overwatch—a game with no proper solo campaign and with lore embarrassingly confined to comics. Look at Square Enix’s Avengers game. It will become a ghost town fairly soon. Why? The systems are built around microtransactions. Shadow of War’s systems were built around microtransactions and the game suffered to the point where they were removed.

Mounts, paid cosmetics, always online, mmo elements. A hammer for every job. Even EA realized a tool specific for the task at hand might be a good idea and released Jedi Fallen Order. That game sold 10 million copies and they still have Apex Legends raking in the cash after raking in the cash. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 is a wonderful breath of fresh air, and from Activision. I hope Blizzard is paying attention and remembers that the task at hand is to make a Diablo game.

1 Like

KCD was a good game too might i add.

Might i also add that everything to do with Diablo franchise to this day was also better while Blizzard was in control. I just hope Acti-Blizzard has good intentions.

1 Like

or maybe … blizzard is going to keep there always online philosophy because stable internet is basic utilities now? so why wouldn’t they allow themselves a way to update, and maintain the game like they do with all there ip’s? interesting. it’s almost like they know it works. and the offline+online versions of the game (aka console) seem to be infested with hacking. where the online only seems to not have hacks? and bans have gone out twice that i know of this season. so there still maintaining integrity?

Can’t have both? Seasons work great on console. And what about all the other great games that do both well, like Modern Warfare.