Tomes for altar

I have tried several times to get the tomes from Leorics manor. I have tried all four sets that are appropriate. Twice the pages have dropped, picked them up, but then they disappeared. Tried again with new games and the sets and nothing drops except a few gold. Is this a bug?

Are you going to the right place in Leoric’s manor? (It is shown at around 1:46 in the video)

3 Likes

No reason not to drop them if, like Jazz said, you’re in a good location.
If you want to drop them 50 times (what an idea…), no problem.

Quick question, are you playing on PC or Console?

2 Likes

OP is on PC (and ought to have Physical damage, if possible, on items if Trag’Oul Blood Nova is going to be the main build).

1 Like

Thanks. Didn’t have time to look at the OP’s profile when I answered.

1 Like

This is NOT a bug.

You’re in the wrong room, clicking on the Scribe’s Lectern. The “Pages” you’re picking up are parts of a Journal. Each part only drops once. They don’t go in your Inventory. They initiate a dialog. Once you have them all, the Lectern only drops Gold.

You need to be in the “Library” room in the Royal Quarters and click on the Tome of Set Dungeons.

Edit: Just for extra clarity:

7 Likes

“Conspiracy Theory”: Troll atempt (well, there are not many “good” trolls left in this forum ;-))? If yes, not to obvious; so a good one… NS the player has 2674 paragon, so not a newbie. The clan is not public, but has ~10 members (who almost all have chars on the European servers (and according to profiles are mainly German), and a few on US).

Side question: the players post shows that he has postet just 1 post, but the forum profile shows another psot from 2019 - shouldn’t it be at least 2 posts then?

Alex, what do you think?

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m sure its a legit question. If you look at the profile there are no legendary gems higher than about 130 which indicates a more relaxed, casual oriented player.
Even I, who have unlocked the Altar twice before, went to the wrong place in the Manor this time around and clicked the wrong lectern and wondered for a while what was wrong, until I realised that it was the wrong place. When I finally got to the right place, I got the message that no tome was available… because I was wearing the Masquerade set!! I already had four other necro sets and a RoRG so no big deal :laughing:

Topic creation doesn’t count as a post. AFAIK

3 Likes

I was actually stumped by the OP, but Perusoe nailed it.

As for conspiracy theory, I think it was a legit question. Profile looks like a super casual player. I have an IRL friend with more career paragon and play time than me, but I still get facepalm questions from him.

If it was a troll attempt, they need to hone in their skills a lot more.

I think when someone posts for the 1st time, it doesn’t show a post count. It starts adding after that, so your post count is actually one behind. Your “posts” + your current post.

2 Likes

Hello,

Nope. @yessquire gave the right answer.

See this post, the first one by Hollywood. If you check his Summary, it shows 0 Topic and 1 Post… and the Activity shows that he has posted only once.

Also see this post by Cypress; note how it says 2 posts. If you lookup Cypress’s Summary, you will see that he has created 2 topics and 2 posts. Furthermore, if you check his activity, you will see that he has posted 4 times (so far).

I hope this clears it up a bit.

5 Likes

Cool, that is why I said “I think”. I wasn’t sure and couldn’t find they example you did. Thanks for finding it.

1 Like

Good teamwork in the forum! No irony at all! And more important: something learned!

@yessquire, @Alexismad, @Boubou

2 Likes

Err, that means I am a casual player too… :wink:

Well, I had that “problem” one of the last seasons when I wanted to do the Marauder set dungeon and was wondering :thinking: why it does not show up while standing in the right place… Wrong set… :relieved:

3 Likes