To people people who don't understand the Immortal backlash

All I can think about is Dave Chapelle’s Player Hater’s Ball skit…

“Hatehatehatehatehatehatehate”

The Immortal hate is dwindling. At least the dislike ratio isn’t the same or higher than the like ratio in 2018 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still don’t own a mobile phone. Also the opposite of love isn’t hate. It’s indifference.

1 Like

D:I was a catastrophic PR fail by Blizzard, and the worst part was, they initially didn’t understand it. There was a hype video for a major Diablo series announcement “THE FIRES ARE BURNIN’ HOT!!!”. The announcement was to be made a majority attending PC fan base. The PC Diablo fans had been starved for content, receiving a game, an xpac, and a dlc as major content in a 17 year span. The only thing that was going to go over well for this crowd was D4, and we got a FRICKIN’, PHONE, GAME.

This announcement only showed their complete and utter out of touch with their fan base. Urban legend says that D4 was supposed to be announced, then pulled back. If this is true, they are incompetent. The only way this was going to work was if their was a 100% chance D4 was going to be announced. Throwing a hail mary that it might be ready to be announced is terrible business.

The hate for many has just turned into apathy. The PC fan base finally got what it wanted with the D4 announcement. Some still hate it, most just could care less about it because the thing they really care about is in development. Those that want to have their accounts sucked by predatory p2w-p2advance-p2speedup (whatever you want to call them) microtransactions while they sit on the toilet have what they want, and it doesn’t affect us that want a full blown, AAA, made for PC game.

In the end, Blizz did finally learn their lesson and waited to release any further information about Immortal until after D4 started gaining traction. The reason you aren’t still seeing much backlash against Immortal is because most people don’t care anymore. Slipping it in on the coattails of what the PC fan base wanted is what should have happened all along.

4 Likes

Heh, indicating blizzard’s stamp of approval actually means something anymore

1 Like

It’s been forever. Diablo 4 was announced. All indications actually point to immortal actually being really good. People need to get over it already.

So they do care is what you’re saying

4 Likes

nail’d it

The Future of Diablo - YouTube

1 Like

No, we understand it. We just find the outburst and hate thrown towards Blizzard about it reminiscent of a petulant toddler not getting what they want.

3 Likes

I would never play a Diablo game on a phone, but I might try DI on PC with an emulator as the feedback on the game seem positive.

Why should we play DI on the phone and pay for loot, when we can have the full game on PC without paying for battle pass whatever to have fair chances of finding something.?

1 Like

Two different business models.
Two different targeted audience.

Sadly, you are not part of the targeted audience for D:I. D4? Yes.

I fall into both.

However, I agree that it would be nice to offer D:I on platforms that support a controller. (Including PC/Mac)

As Blizzard learns, I expect them to adjust. Eg D:I-2 will be cross platform but still designed for mobile(MTX) style of play. D5/D6 may mix the play styles (mobile , console, pc) together.

2 Likes

Why not? It is like asking why should I surf internet on my smartphone when I can do the same on PC…

2 Likes

No, it is not, because D3 is a full game and everyone has somehow equal chances of getting loot, DI is a free to play / pay to win game. Idk if I have to explain to you how “free to play” mobile games work? You level to level 10 for free in 1 hour, level 10 to 11 takes about 40 hours, unless you maybe want to buy 20 blue gems for 5 USD, then you are done in 5 min?

5 Likes

You don’t have to explain anything about “free to play” mobile game because we already know what kind of monetization that Diablo Immortal is going for.

Diablo Immortal doesn’t have a Stamina/Energy system.

As for the character level speed for Immortal, Wyatt Cheng already answered for us.

Dredscythe: The XP to level ramps up after 30 quite a bit, what’s the plan going forward looking at 60. Aimed for play time in hours range?

Wyatt Cheng (Lead Designer): I can’t give any specific time amounts because we’ll be analyzing data and feedback from the Tech alpha to possibly go back and make adjustments to the 1-45 experience as well. However, a few high level goals: (1): The amount of XP and time required to level post 45 continues to increase in the same way that things increased after 30. (2): We like the way level 1-20 feels in that it’s very fast which is great for getting people into the game. (3): As a singular data point the last level from 59 to 60 should be about 2.5 hours for most players.

1 Like

At that point, I uninstall the game.

If that game is D:I, I will leave a review with the appropriate number of stars docked.

My interpretation of what I’ve read is that D:I may not be that aggressive.

From what I’ve read, the Battle Pass seems to be similar to Snoop’s Town Tales VIP Pass. In that game, the extra prizes were not game changing.

For me, $5 for a season pass is not bad. I can see myself buying one or two throughout the life time of the game. It would be much easier for me to pay $20 for a year’s worth.

Especially since D:I is a F2P game, I highly recommend taking a “wait and see” approach to its monetization process.

1 Like

That sounds very immature.

I mean, I dislike how my alarm clock handles waking me up in the morning, but it doesn’t make me hate buzzers…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Some people are like this. At least he made his stance loud and clear. Just hope that next time he won’t go around repeating the same thing over and over in the future Immortal threads.

where can you buy loot? sounds cool, almost like D2 trades huh? but that is not something you can do in immortal.

Everyone who hates on the game need to get over the announcement and give it a fair chance. then you can speak out what you think about it, not before.

1 Like

Game has no experience boost, no energy system or auto-play for me until level 5-10 system. According to reports leaping from penultimate level to last character level will take 2 and a half hours of play time.
Also to note, they appear to keep the mobile phone compatibility narrower for the alpha test. When game fully released the compatibility list will be greater and will work for most recent generation of phones without problems. Still the battery life and heating problems could stay as issues.

The only thing you’ll be missing by playing on PC emulation would be money transactions and perhaps battle pass.

f you’re not one of the target audience best option is not playing the game, as always. You may not have “better phone” for it or emulation compatibility turn out to be very bad. For starters, I’m not even sure if I’m in the target audience demographic of D4 anymore.

ODT - who decides who a “real” fan is?

You don’t speak for anyone but yourself - I suggest you remember that.

1 Like