Thoughts on rathma for this season

After playing with marauder and inna this season, i decided to roll a rathma necro. I waant sure how it would come together this season… but its nice, really nice.

Full disclaimer, im not someone who tries to push top leaderboards or any of that, but i do enjoy gearing up characters. I play a physical rathma using simulacrum with cubed shadowhook and haunting visions. I know the poison version is prbably stronger… but… i like the physical better. I also run grogok’s (aotd stacks grogoks nicely if one can keep the stacks rolling).

Just in case anyone is wondering, the poison revives do add stacks to essence of anguish. I currently have an essence with the additional stacks as its level 3 qnd am running a sliver of terror. Ive found even with the terror sliver that my cooldowns are just ridiculous. I feel like i am basically just spamming between bone armor and aotd activations. My cooldowns are so fast, im wondering if i should swap blood rush for either the ice golem or land of the dead. I feel like the extra cooldown would be nice, and my revives do a great job of keeping max anguish stacks. Has anyone else run into this?

Once i get a scythe with poison damage, ill probably switch to the +50% damage rune. Until then, there isnt much point if im running death valley. That will balance out cooldowns a bit.

I would definitely have land of the dead in there someplace.

Blood rush gets you out of cc.
Also if you need stacks from poison damage either roll poison damage on your weapon or your follower

I’ve also made a necro as a third character this season and I’ve been playing with rathma for a couple of days. I am not using squirts necklace… Instead, i try the haunted visions for perma simulacrum and double essence and went with railena’s shadowhook in the cube. I prefer the physical rune on army of the dead. Seems pretty decent for me.

Currently, i can farm GR120 in 4 minutes, maybe less with a good map and a lucky pylon. I will soon replace convention of elements ring with squirts necklace in the cube once i get more familiar with positioning and managing to avoid projectiles. I can farm 5 GRs higher with this change.

I have done 137 with a decent map/pylon combo and no real fishing and okay gear. I am sure I can hit 140 with a little effort and a few upgrades (krysbin’s and haunted visions).

Overall, it’s a fun set that makes you feel powerful and works well in groups for grouping trash and killing it.

A bad map/mob combo start for pushing is an immediate quit. The damage ramp-up for Revive is too steep and takes too long to get going. This set is also no good for speed runs.

Truly hope they revert the nerf on MotBC set. That was fun and more welcome in groups.

I got a couple fun ones based on borrowed time. I did a 4 minute 125 on an average map with basic gear. I think i can get it down to the 3 minute average pretty easily once i get better stuff.