Thoughts on OP potions

Here is my personal view on Potion Matter i know all the “Gimme more power Freeks” will be screaming Lynch him !! but here I am saying , potions effects are drastically OP , doing rift 150 with 600 paragon on Necro is not what we really want , how about instead that potions , we implement node that give you set item requirement reduction , just like season them we have before with that difference that this time we can use also RoRG on top of that , so 6+ items sets now required only 4 items , that would open way to Banging season where we can make so many hybrids of different sets , that this stupid Pylons would not matter , and people would still need to grind , but at least it would be grind and having fun testing something that we never had before . Now about that Circles from Potions, i think also to OP specially when you get cooldown reduction , and you stand in it and you can achieve 99% cooldown for a potion that will spawn another cooldown and Pylons … Total mess how about just give us that 150 clears before we even attack them … Seriously now you could put Create Ethereal Item with Random legendary Power from Specific Class or general purpose Legendries ,The item would be upgraded to same type you put in C-QB but it will result with Legendary Power that it was plus one extra random one and its Primal/ethereal quality . You can use Primordial Ashes in amount 200 or 250 as consumable for that craft, and replace that with that Pool Potion . The only Fair potion s AB defensive on and i have no objections towards that . I know that this is Practicaly last season before D4 and you want to make it memorable, but i think giving us more versatile approach to builds , let us do hybrids and stronger chars by us of more legendary powers that can in fact bust power relatively close to what potion AA and AC giving us now , but it will make us try new things grind for it , try to drop them double legs , craft that one legendary and that one ethereal we want , that would be so much better , all in all thank you for your hard work and trying to make that season to be the one to remember .

Do you know why the necro has those clears?

Hint: Leech - Blood flask

Fix that by making it so potions effects can only activate once per 30 seconds. Then see where things stand.

2 Likes

C’mon man. A few line breaks makes things much more readable.

Giving random free pylon effects totally breaks the game. They should be removed. That’s all.

3 Likes

C’mon man as you can tell i am not Ernglish speaker , so excuse my effort , good day sir and thank you for advice, shishh…

Look I am all for the Season of Over Powered Effects. Seriously I don’t care how ridiculous it gets, I want the Circus. This will probably be my only chance to maybe clear a 150, at least get the closest I ever have. I all for super crazy clear and fun.

Ok maybe not helpful to more serious gamers but at this stage I am done with serious, bring on the crazy before D4.

3 Likes

I seriously have no idea what you’re talking about. I tried out the DH and the potion abilities (all three) were ‘meh’. I really didn’t notice any difference most of the time. In time, I just ignore using them until I was low on health instead of smashing them at every opportunity.

If there’s a bug with Necro - fix the bug instead of trying to nerf something that’s not all that great to begin with. Sheesh.

this tbh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Your experience is wildly different from basically everyone else, apparently. How many GRs did you run? For the rest of us, getting an immediate power or conduit pylon effect at the beginning of the run is huge. Getting back to back to back conduits and/or shields completely trivializes the game. It’s one thing to add a powerful effect, it’s another to make the game pointless.

I went up to 100 using Natalya’s straight 6, then switched to the bugged version to finish the altar and went up over 130. So…I dunno - how many is that? The power surge was pretty much unnoticeable. And not the only one who thought so…

Is this you trying to convince the devs to change the theme, when you’ve already said you won’t play it because “it’s boring”?

You can literally clear GR 150 without doing anything except drinking your potion every 30 seconds. If you didn’t notice that, well, that’s on you.

Your statement is weirdly accusatory and very backwards. When should I be critical? When I think it’s boring and should be improved? Or when I think it’s perfect and I’m excited to play? I’m sure it’s not a large mental leap to make the connection that if they change the theme and improve it, then I won’t find it as boring, and I will want to play it.

60x power is unnoticeable… dont know what to tell you. :confused:

Are you playing with your eyes closed?

While the skill does exacerbate the situation, the theme is rediculous and stupid to start with. Even without using that skill you can clear GR150 at paragon 0. And pushing is going to be “lets fish until we can get 4 condis in 1 rift as quickly as possible.” Literally the dumbest thing ive ever seen.

This is interesting for 1 or 2 days, and then will become boring and no one will play anymore. This outcome is obvious, and i dont see how this can possibly make it to live.

1 Like

No it isn’t a huge mental leap, just like it isn’t mental leap to know when someone is being selfish with the “change this so I will like it and to hell with what anybody else thinks.”

Just sayin’.

Imagine calling someone selfish for calling out the most broken feature ever introduced to Diablo. Maybe you should spend more time testing the PTR and less time trolling the forums.

No one? How do you know that? unless everyone gets BANNED! :wink:

1 Like

Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

No, but I’m beginning to suspect there’s a difference when using legendary potions maybe? Because I seriously noticed no shrine effects.

That has been suggested before. Players can reacquire permission to play through expenditure of real green (or other colored monies) in the amount equal to their paragon level multiplied by their number of hours played.

I didn’t read it because you immediately insulted people in your first sentence like a brainless child. BTW it’s spelled *freaks. If you’re going to continue to post the same insult, at least spell it correctly.

2 Likes

I am not disagreeing that the shine/pylon potion effect is OP, its insanely powerful. But I also don’t care, personally. I am all for people using such an OP effect to finally get that clear they never thought they could get. I am fine if it trivializes a GR150 for some, because GR150 is already trivial for some, but it makes it way more possible for others. This might be the last season so I am happy for it to be a mad house.

I totally understand I am in the minority, that my opinion is an unpopular one, but I am all for the Season of Over Powered Effects.

4 Likes