Thoughts on eGPU

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this post.

If Diablo 4 is released for Mac, I would rather buy an eGPU than a new computer.

I would appreciate your insight on how well they work with Blizzard Games.

If D4 will work on Mac. which CPU, ARM or Intel? :grinning:

We’ll know on Monday. If I remembered correctly. When the first retina MAc was announced. Blizzard announced D3 support on stage.

Assuming D4 does come to the Mac, it will be on both Intel and ARM platforms as both support Metal. But that does mean two platforms being served by a very small Mac team (if you can even call it that anymore). While having two platforms supported does increase the field for the return on investment, it also means increased cost as well. I guess we’ll see in the near future. Hopefully in the next quarterly update for D4 we’ll get a confirmation on Mac support being a yea or nay.

I found it odd they still have not confirmed definitely no Mac support. Unless I missed a post somewhere? If it is ARM, there are also AppleTV, iPhones, and iPads. It might worth their trouble?

D4 should come out about the the same time when Mac completed transition over to ARM. My next Mac will not be intel.

Yeah. Though Blizzard has supported the MAC platform in darker days…
The 1990s and PPC to Intel… The platform is now stronger than ever… Activision is not…