Thorn can critical?

when i read about thorn it said it cant critical, but last season with the legendary gem thorn can critical. So…let see…if i use broken promise ring or shimizu armor will i gain the same result like last season ? should i add chd on my sader invoker then ?
Have any of u experimented it guys ? :smiley: pls share ur result if so

The only reason that it was possible for Thorns to crit last season were the Soul Shards.
Now that those are gone Thorns is back to how it always was, i.e. incapable of critting.
When playing Invoker, or Akkan/Invoker, any CHC / CHD affixes are useless.

so the broken promise ring or shimizu armor not worked like the soul shard :expressionless:
what a bummer :roll_eyes:
thnx 4 ur explanation like always meteor :kissing_heart:

There is a dagger that allows auto crits when hitting mobs at 100% health. Envious Dagger, I believe.

2 Likes

i did a little test,:

• i put hack in cube and no broken promise first
  • equip oculus with boyark gem,
  • zero my str in paragon, chc and chd (even with zero chd in paragon it still show 50 in
    detail )
    ok then i hit the wall at tier garden 3 it display immune message
    then i put broken promise in cube and hit the wall again…
    after 5 hit displayed immune message, it show number in yellow for 3 times then back to immune, i tick the option to show display critical number

so…does this mean thorn can critical using broken promise ? or did it mean something else ?

The dagger will guarantee a crit on mobs that are at 100% health. However, what will crit is the Slash or Punish attack’s damage. It will not affect the Thorns damage that the attack caused to be applied because it’s impossible for Thorns to crit.

Also, if you look in d3planner at an Invoker’s damage, well over 98% of your damage comes from the Thorns being applied, and 0-2% of your damage comes from the Punish / Slash abilities. So, you can cause a minor proportion of 0-2% of your damage to be increased, but it’s entirely irrelevant to 98% of your damage.

4 Likes

i see, thnx for ur explanation
yes i tried to look again more slowly, the thorn dmg keep stay at 300k, the critical number come from my normal damage which 6,05 become 50 when critical :+1: