This thread lists useful DH buffs in 2.7.0 and 2.7.1

Witch Doctor has Munundunguno’s (which also just got nerfed) and nothing of any consequence beyond that.

Monk has Tempest Rush. The builds beneath that are probably worse than the WD, especially if you’re talking about green set builds. LoD WoL is decent, but it breaks down pretty quickly for anything above a GR110.

And I don’t even want to hear about the Wizard’s recent ‘resurgence’. The jury is still out on Firebird’s (hopefully it produces a meta build), but as soon as S22’s 4th cube slot vanishes… so will the Wizard’s so-called resurgence. The Wizard is in an AWFUL place, especially with its clunky and ineffective sets.

The Demon Hunter has 4 good sets. GoD is still it’s strongest and probably on par with everything listed above. UE, Shadow Impale, and Natalya-combos, though 2nd tier, are all waaay better than the 2nd tier sets of the classes above, and Demon Hunters have a LoD build that is comparable or better than any LoD build the Barb, Monk, Crusader, and WD can produce.

Is the (GoD) Demon Hunter on par with the Necromancer/Crusader as far as solo push ability? No, but OVERALL they’re stronger from top-to-bottom than the other launch classes.

If we’re going to moan and complain, let’s at least moan and complain on behalf of equality throughout the game - not just for the ‘poor’ Demon Hunter.

2 Likes

↟↟↥↥⇈⇑ this guy.

Food is ready…

WD and Monk are very close to the DH. Monk has the better solo push build by about 4GRs. WD is slightly better than DH from a solo push standpoint, Spirit Barrage and Zuni Darts are better than HA.

You can learn more about how the DH will do in solo push on the DH forum, with videos and a tier list thread. in case you missed it here is a copy below, you will notice that UE6 and M6 will likely not touch GR130 in under 500 keys.

These GR clears represent 5000 paragon players spending no more than 500 keys. Investing more keys into your clear may produce a better rank.

Gears of Dreadlands

GoD6 Hungering Arrow GR135
GoD6 Bolas GR133
GoD6 Grenade GR131

The Shadow’s Mantle

S6 Impale GR134

Natalya’s Vengeance

N6 Rapid Fire GR132
N6M4 Cluster Arrow GR129
N6GoD4 Hungering Arrow GR127
N6 Fan of Knives GR125

Unhallowed Essence

UE6 Multishot GR129
UE6 Hungering Arrow GR128

Embodiment of the Marauder

M6 Cluster Bombs GR129
M6 Multishot GR129
M6 Hungering Arrow GR127

No Six Piece Set

LoD Rapid Fire GR132
8 Likes

The be fair everyone was getting the short end of the stick at the time. Blizzard had essentially abandoned the game.

2 Likes

I am, I dedicated this placeholder thread for if we get DH buffs for 2.7.0. It’s empty for now though. Everyone else just responded wildly to my blank post!

As an interesting aside, I think I won the contest of likes to text characters ratio.

4 Likes

*bs detector goes off but ignores it.*
Right.

Maybe you should mark it “2.7” or “2.7.X” or “2.7.1+” then as I very, very much doubt we’ll see anything until 2.7.1 or beyond. Clarity helps! Unfortunately so many of the replies are pointless noise distracting from what you’re trying to achieve here.

(Also, perhaps you might have categorised this post under “Demon Hunter” rather than “General Discussion” if you were truly aiming to be constructive…)

I was mostly bored yesterday when I made the thread, so I decided to have some fun with it! What I didn’t expect was how huge the responses would get. I will edit the OP if I see something promising in the final version of the patch notes though.

I listed it in General since it pertains to the patch itself. I titled it referring to lack of DH buffs but other classes were kinda left out too, particularly WD.

2 Likes

If I wanted to play HA, there’s no comparable HA based builds to G6 at all. There’s not much to work with if DH players want to hit the pushes too. Ninth Cirri nerf affects all and I personally think it has to be carried over to GoD 6-piece bonus if they really want to nerf it down. I think DHs can take one nerf if there’s a promise of a buff at the end.
Let’s face it, GoD 6 is nerfed because it had such a linear interaction and developers not only unhappy with it, build also unhappy how it had a huge advantage by abusing ticks under the umbrella of missile dampening. That actually hardly means anything when you face Teleporter or Juggernaut and have to fish and waste keys still but yeah.

Getting rid of such small problem is the easy part, you simply carry pierce limitation to the GoD Set 6-piece or add an extra ability to 6-piece for the projectiles to ignore any kind of slow down. Don’t like it? Increase weight of Teleporter to occur with Missile Dampening on elites. You hardly can tell the difference, because you never can pin them down.
This way, Ninth Cirri related other builds can have better clears compared GoD6 and it will be rightful as they require much higher maintenance to keep up. G6 will still have space to experiment with and I believe they could pull amazing things with two primary skills to make use of limited pierces. I prefer them to consider if that’s really a problem first, because currently DHs have no alternatives on push at all.

If that’s not their cup of tea to circulate old playstyles to make up for it, I suggest bringing power to the Elemental Arrow- Ball Lightning and Chakram, Serpentine or Boomerang skillrunes. That’s what I suggested from the start but community spoke and they wanted a Strafe related Set, like the Natalya ain’t one… Whatever.

I’ll just sit back and wait for the patch. They have the data, they’re the ones that should figure out. I expect nothing different than PTR notes we saw earlier but doing it justice would be a nice touch until next Season.

1 Like

Zero divided by any number of likes?

Might want to re-check you math on that one :rofl:

1 Like

42 likes for the original comment and another 142 likes over 49 replies. Sounds like a pretty good ratio to me…

Also, you don’t wanna test Iria on math…lol

Original comment is zero content…it could have a million likes, the answer would still be zero.

4 Likes

Maybe you’re looking at it from the wrong perspective…Much like how 99% of the D3 community look at this game.

Title counts for original comment.

You can look from any perspective you like, but if you divide by zero, and come up with anything other than zero, you’re doing it wrong :rofl:

Nope, you still need 20 characters in the body.

2 Likes

Apparently you don’t know “hmtl” like how Iria’s hidden comment implied. Lol

Html? =)

Oh I got it, maybe you missed my math humor…

Anyway’s, moving on

Funnily enough, I read it as Html to start with lol

Late afternoon brain fried :rofl:

1 Like

The GoD set, while a horrible style of play for many of us, wasn’t OP in the least. In fact, it was actually tuned quite well. What was making the set appear OP and what still hasn’t been addressed is the missile dampening affix. Users of the set would farm specifically for that affix in GRs to push because the MD affix effectively amplified the set’s damage potential vs. a pack/elite due to the way piercing mechanics work.

You see, they pierce continually until they’ve run a set distance, and because the distance the projectiles traverse is drastically reduced while inside the MD affix, the shots could essentially pierce until the mob(s) died because they would immediately change/reverse direction upon piercing due to the time elapsed, and would continue on and on because they would never reach their travel distance limit as a result.

If you instead rework the missile dampening affix to be a damage reduction vs. projectiles, the problem goes away. Instantly. Additionally, all other projectile based builds become much better as a result. No more wonky mechanics. And to balance things out, melee could get its own version of the missile dampening rework, say, Bulwark.

But hey, at least it isn’t straight UE6, right? :roll_eyes:

Those two actually had and/or caused issues though. Archon’s playstyle required what was essentially a macrotastic setup, and Energy Twister had real performance impacts (not to mention, was severely overperforming at the time). The devs at the time had the right idea with the Energy Twister nerf, but went too far with it. As for Archon’s gameplay, I can’t really come up with anything different that would have solved the issue its mechanics presented. It did need attention though, since you could maintain perma-Archon back then, which was light years ahead of any other Wizard build out there, and next to impossible to pull off without macros, a lot like the old Critical Mass build of yore.

F00F.

7 Likes

But they somewhat paid it back with Firebird, right?

I like the assumption that DH players haven’t been calling out problems with the class for years, offered feedback relative to such, solutions for remedies, and suggestions for new additions. But nope, the group is just a bunch of whiny crybabies despite being on the receiving end and/or instigators of a good number of the game’s most prominent nerfs. Any moments of perceived OPness were often over-exaggerated or coming from people who didn’t know how to play their own favored class(es) at the time.

It’s tiresome seeing what’s been obvious dev bias for the better part of a decade. All GoD did was bring a style a lot of people didn’t enjoy (or ask for), but nonetheless played because it was better than anything else the class had. All of the other sets still have their issues. The gross reliance on Dawn/Vengeance is still a thing with a side-nod to poor resource generation/costs. There are entirely too few decent DH legendary powers. Skills like Elemental Arrow still wallow in obscurity, with a lot of junk passives sitting in our pool, too.

No one’s saying other classes don’t need their own attention, but looking at the history of seasons will tell a story. It’s up to people to decide that either the DH actually DOES and DID suck, or for some reason, people didn’t want to play it for reasons outside the efficiency argument. The latter will likely conflict with an alleged vocalness of the population.

3 Likes

You and I both know that your “empty” post had a lot more than 20 characters in it though. :wink:

1 Like