This thread lists useful DH buffs in 2.7.0 and 2.7.1

GoD needed to be nerfed.

There I said it. When a set, all on its own without any other legendary items, can clear what GoD could - it’s too powerful. It absolutely tore up lower torments and GRs (<110) as though they were trivial, leaving the other two ‘spin-to-win’ farming builds (WW/Tempest Rush) in the dust in terms of both speed and power.

Now, could it compete with certain Necro or Crusader builds in terms of pushing? No. But that’s more indicative of the state of D3 right now and the expansion classes being completely out of whack.

The Demon Hunter does need some love, as they have some of the best and most fun sets which are completely underutilized and ignored. The same thing can be said for every class. They all need some balancing, some up and some down. GoD was one of the ones that needed to be pulled back a bit.

4 Likes

I listed the WD buffs after the DH buffs in the OP, I only mentioned the DH buffs in the title though.

5 Likes

I still think they should buff HPS to 250%, and up GoD from 10,000.

3 Likes

Bad news for you is that after nerf it will be even stronger for that.

6 Likes

This is disturbingly OP. They better nerf DH asap

3 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s a hint: try using < and > symbols to make html code blocks.

DH’s have arguably the best set/build diversity in the game. Are we really crying about what they didn’t get again?

/smh

1 Like

Has the patch even dropped yet?

You put a lot of effort into getting the 2.7.0 GoD nerf reengineered but don’t ruin it with this sort of pettiness. It wrecks the more constructive messages you’ve been leaving on here.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh…Not anymore?

2 Likes

Simple. They’re not empty.

Why isn’t DH allowed to be competitive with other classes in solo pushing?

2 Likes

Why isn’t the Monk, arguably the class in the worst shape for number of viable pushing builds? Why isn’t the Witch Doctor, arguably the second-worst for pushing builds? What about the Wizard, a class whose dedicated players have been languishing in the rear for years? What about the Barbarian, who has one viable solo build for high GRs? (Sorry, Frenzy fans.)

Look, I love the Demon Hunter. But DH fans/players complain like they’re the only ones trying to keep up with Necromancers. Plenty of classes are in the same boat, or straight-up worse off.

3 Likes

So DH hadn’t struggled for “years” before GoD6…? DH got to enjoy being competitive for 2 seasons. Some DH mains only enjoyed 1 season of GoD6 because S21 theme was garbage. And honestly I didn’t care for GoD6 that much the first season it was available. It just didn’t click with me.

Does DH have more than 1 competitive solo push build since GoD6? I mean, I guess probably 99% of the DH leaderboard the past 2 seasons has been all GoD6 for some odd reason, I just can’t quite place it.

It looks like Wizards time has come. So I don’t even know why you brought them up. And if you haven’t realized it already, there’s plenty of other forum threads/posts regarding other classes need help.

A lot of players actually agree that GoD6 needed a nerf, and was expecting one. But the way they brought forth the GoD6 nerf was really unprecedented. Especially when the main reason for the nerf is the Missile Dampening affix. But lets agree that even without missile dampening, GoD6 was still a bit overpowered. GoD6 will have completely lost its identity of its former self with how they nerfed it. It’s basically a rework. Now it’s basically a single-target build, in a build you can’t even control where your attacks go…The hell kind of sense does that make?

3 Likes

You can thank all the forum posters that ask for nerfs for that or those who value some d3 streamers from youtube opinion more than common sense…

Especially when it comes to Wizards or did you already forget Archon or Energy Twister builds and the recent PTR Tal Firebird combo or even the probably incoming nerf to the “redesigned” Firebird set…

Keep whining about builds being OP (to all the group players who think the game’s too easy for them) and all classes will be lucky to SOLO a 110 GR in near Future, while META, Rat Runners, or any other Group players with zDPS will be facerolling 140-150 GRs in 3-4 mins and after they get 3000-5000 paragon in season they can SOLO a 135-150 GR, and brag how it’s too easy for them, which usually ends up in nerfing the so called “OP” builds to the ground…

Wouldn’t surprise me if in 2.7.1 Barbs Whirlwind + Rend build would share the GoD builds fate, same with current strongest Monk build, cause it’s getting dangerously close to 140 GR and we all know Barbs and Monks are only good as zDPS slaves, right? :roll_eyes:

Maybe even Crusaders won’t avoid the nerf hammer (again) either, cause you know they’re sooooo OP:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

For several seasons, Barbs had megathreads stating how bad their class was. After several seasons, the Dev’s finally listened and buffed some underperforming builds. If you don’t say anything, they will assume everything is fine even though the numbers show differently.

DH’s aren’t saying they are the only ones getting the short end of the stick, they are stating that they are one of the groups getting the short end of the stick. Big difference.

I am a dh/wd main. I hate playing the meathead barb, but I upvoted every one of those barb megathreads because they were definitely getting the shortest end of the stick at the time.

For farming. It is real fun when your friends want to play big boy GR’s and you can’t come an play because the class you enjoy has been relegated to farming only. Too many of my seasons have ended early because most everyone has advanced to higher difficulties and I am stuck doing bounties and rifts simply because I play the class I like to play.

Each class should have 1 or 2 builds that are within 2-3 gr’s of the top build. Until that happens, people are going to be upset.

12 Likes

You are right although it’s the Witch Doctor’s role to be the worst class in the game. One of the dh-barb-monk is supposed to be the second worst. Depends on what hand they were dealt. Most of the time it’s barbs. Also wizards were the best clearer since this game was an infant. That changed only during season 20 & 21. Next season we are going to see monks and barbs nerfed too don’t worry people, cause omg too op compared to yellow items or blackthorn.

This. The DH community needs to stop throwing tantrums and focus on how they can help the devs help them.

And an important note is that the barbs focused on themselves. They didn’t flame any other overachieving group or underachieving group, they made it all about themselves and ignored the attempts at disruptive, inter-class trolling (that we’re seeing here). DH mains need to stop focusing on perceived hardships compared to sader, wiz, or necro.

Be positive. Focus. Be constructive. But also be realistic: don’t expect to be able to hit non-seasonal 140s [without outrageous amounts of paragon] again.

3 Likes