This is the most boring season ever

This is the most boring season ever.
Because only nec is a dealer capable of party play.

Thanks to this, it is a difficult season to have a party of fourman

I hope they make Crusader playable like before.

It’s a very boring season, so I sincerely hope that the season ends as soon as possible.

3,4K paragon points looks like you’ve been having a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Not at all
150GR allows for fast leveling
I only played support player just to try other classes. (in 4p party play)

Crusader playable how? dislike the way the builds play or cause you think they are under powered ?
I’m finished playing this season I think. Not much to do, but I look forward to see what the next season theme will be

If you got bored with Necro, you can always try another class as a second seasonal character. If they end up weaker (which is most likely to happen during current season) use them for T16 and speed farming GRs. That way you won’t have to play the same build for the entirety of the season.

1 Like

The 800 paragon cap sesason was way worse.

8 Likes

You’re playing Akkhan’s Set, which is the undebatable most powerful among others. With some tweaks it can be pretty tanky and output tons of damage effortlessly. If you think that’s unplayable I have no idea what to tell you, but people have reached GR150 with Akkhan’s in this Season already.

So Crusader wasn’t your first pick? If you think it’s unplayable start from scratch with another character. Cognitive skill checks of Crusaders and Zdps Demon Hunter are very different, and playing Support in a group, are also different than playing solo with a Follower only.

1 Like

I can’t take anyone serious who’s complaining about a season being boring with 3,401 paragon points a few weeks into a season.

6 Likes

I have WoW min-max vibes reading this.
Unless crusader splats every corner in G150, doesn’t it - at worst - bring enough utility to enable teammates, making up for their own “weakness”?

I find that - unlike at the beginning - damage is king, so shifting 20% damage for 25% tankiness often results in failure, but in a team setting it might be fine, or superior even.
(Back when I played with a friend, I would play support monk, add auras, healing, and my friend could go on a rampage.)

Similar to how Tal Rasha or Firebird might be slightly slower but from my distance they seem to bring lots of control and damage to round out whatever the carry (necro) is doing.

Also, maybe, this is one point why G150 is too high to reach. Of course the above makes no sense if anyone competent is crushing it anyway. My monk example was mid-GR and it improved my friend performance (and GR level) a lot.

This season is weak compared to the last season and that’s really the complaint. Last season was the first “recycled” season and as a treat Blizzard made it one of the best seasons. All the seasons going forward will have the altar and visions as well as whatever recycled theme. Which means they’re be way better than they were when they first came out. So there no way this is the “most boring season” ever because it is strictly better than Season 20 when it released. Imagine this season without the altar or visions. And that’s somehow better than this season? In what possible world is that better or less boring?

1 Like

I’ve just cleared 118 with my Tal Rasha build. It’s not 150, but I’m climbing.

A lot of people are complaining that “only the Necromancer” this and “only the Necromancer” that, and blaming the season theme for it. I do see that the Necromancer benefits greatly from this season’s theme, but there are other builds that can be helped by it.

I just hit rank 16 yesterday for my DMO Twister build. Could be better, sure, but I’m happier than a pig in mud. It’s only possible this season, because I can slot all of the Twister upgrades at once…and run them concurrently with Deathwish. For once, DMO is actually more powerful than LoD Twister. At least…it has been for me, the way I’ve been playing it.

That’s not the only one either. I’ve noticed a few of the unloved builds receive more benefit than I thought they would from an unrestricted cube. I’m not saying they can compete with meta, but it’s worth a shot.

This isn’t the season of the Necromancer. It’s the season of FAaFO Mode. If you’re bored, try something else! Get into a new build and find out for yourself if it works for you. Change things around. Try things that shouldn’t work. You may find something that does.

3 Likes

I’ve been shouting that since the season was announced. Yes, the Necro will shine this season. But unless MaxRoll or IcyVeins puts out a guide people aren’t willing to try random combinations. For example Frostburn, Tasker & Theo, and the Magistrate on a hydra build. Basically full time permafrost.

1 Like

Glad to see somebody gets it.

2 Likes

The worst season was season 29, paragon cap and no buffs.

2 Likes

lets un-nerf heavens fury maybe?

Akkhan Build 150 solo push WR 1st by me 13:39 (Maxroll.gg LeaderBoard check)

I hope they make Crusader playable like before. <= It’s mean S20 AoV Heaven’s Fury Crusader RGK possible but nerf and nerf and nerf … Now only nec RGK playable
( I was played Impale Build DH RGK / Boss Kill time = 1m ~ 1m30s no good
Rathma Build Nec RGK / Boss Kill time = 10 ~ 40s)
People are avoiding Rathma builds, so playing in a 4-player party is very difficult.
There is no one RGK Nec
Because it’s not fun

There are very few builds that can benefit from Kanai’s autonomous deployment, and the classes that can play in a 4-person party are very limited.

So it’s a boring season and people are already leaving the season.

I enjoy and want a 4-person party, but the party formation itself is difficult and only limited classes are playable, so I am very dissatisfied with this.

I lost interest in the 4-person party anymore, so I played Crusader solo, and I’m currently ranked #1 in the world on the leaderboard.

P.S) For reference, I played all seasons (1S ~ 31S)
If you want to check, connect to the Asian server and check my profile.

Yes to that.

Or try out some fun builds! I will definitely do that with my main class; again… :slight_smile:

With high paragon and high gems this becomes easier and easier…

1 Like

Ah yes. If only mobs didn’t get cc immunity too quickly. :<

Agreed, but it’s still interesting to think about. I’ve discovered a few things that make my playstyle easier, that aren’t meta, and it only happened because I got curious enough to try.

1 Like

In some regards it means they have an awful lot of evidence to back up their statement which is a refreshing change for an internet forum. :rofl: