This game will destroy your gpu

Do not play this game if you do not want your GPU to randomly die! The gpu temperature reaches 80 C with just standing in town for 5 min. I tested this on RTX 3070, the fans are instantly maxed out, instantly. This does not happen with any other game. You can max out cyberpunk 2077 which is poorly optimized and the temperatures do not go this high. Save your GPU!

3 Likes

Weird, not getting this with my 3070.

Turn environmental detail to low, and hardcap fps to 60-90 through nvidia/amd settings.
This helps to an extent, not much more to do before they fix their game…

I am not sure why it is so hard on higher end cards. I can safely play on both desktop and laptop.

Desktop (hand me down 2-ish years ago when others upgraded)

• i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • GTX 970
  • Defaults to Medium graphics settings which I left in place

Laptop (2013 Alienware M14XR2)

• i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • GT650M (and onboard Intel HD 4000)
  • Defaults to Low graphics settings which I left in place.

Very high gpu usage and temperatures (gtx 1660 ti and rtx 2070). I want play without fear :confused: If they don’t fix the problem then I will have to make a refund. The gpu runs like a jet engine. There is no power limit.

1 Like

I let my GPU nest in a puddle of freon.

If that gets above about -5 or -6, I’d worry.

much higher power limits.

MissCheetah,

My laptop is Quad-core i7 with 12GB ram and GTX 640N LE with integrated Intel HD 4000.

I can’t test the game because I’m on Windows 8.1, but do you think this hardware would handle the game?

I am sorry but it does not meet the basic specs. It should not even RUN on my laptop actually. If you were on Win10 though I would try it.

Upgrade to Win10 is free right?

Warning though. I lost my integrated web cam and headphone functions when I upgraded :frowning:

I don’t want you to destroy a system that works great just for a game so be cautious.

No game should stress the hardware like that if the engine is capable and it’s running on adequate hardware period.

Especially not a game looking like this one. I don’t even know why it’s using the GPU like this there is absolutely nothing special going on it’s really not well optimized.

They probably didn’t spend a second on performance optimizations so far most likely because they have at least 5 more platforms to work on (holy s** i really don’t want to see the switch version…) and Activision Blizzard is definitely demanding from VV that the game should be released next month no matter what to push their quarterly results.

Thank you, Miss Cheetah.

I saw what happened to you and was actively working on the problem at that time. Accessing the BIOS on your system was a huge concern.

I was about to post something I found, but you managed to get everything hooked-up just fine.

Things always break upon an update. That’s why I hate upgrading.

I did buy the beta to test on this laptop, but unfortunately didn’t see that it requires Win 10.

I’ll get things upgraded eventually.

Not getting this on my 3060Ti.
GPU is between 55 and 60°c (3440x1440@60fps)

Exactly this in my case (RTX 2060s). I can’t play with anything higher than low environmental quality. Which means, I can’t buy the game. At least for me, that would defeat the purpose. If I’m buying a 20 years old game for 40$, then I don’t want to be stuck on low graphics and/or low fps.

My 2080 Ti is working at full capacity at all times, highest temperatures, fan noise at max (really annoying) and does indeed gives you a sense of “at this rate my GPU is going to die at any moment”. It is really bad. I could’ve been playing the whole night but decided to stop because I’m not gambling my gpu on this.

2 Likes

it’s really funny, maybe you have crazy framerates guys, because I’ve just stopped playing, everything is on very high except environment details, which are “high” by default.

I play on a 3060Ti, it tops 60°C after 1h30 of playing. 3440x1440. The GPU is clearly not at even half its capacity. Vsync @ 60fps.

graphic settings doesnt matter with this, regardless the setting, my gpu pulls its maximum allowed power even when utilisation is low, unless i cap FPS.

And with capped FPS its also pulling more power than it should.

3060ti is only 200watts.

Chipset on modern hardware for computers all have a minimum of 90c tolerance (most ~110c)

If your GFX goes to 80c from just D2R, you have a bad cooling solution .

Im running on a 3070 and my GPU never goes above ~65c in D2R.
And no, I dont have any watercooling. just a good airflow, and invested in a GPU with a triple fan setup!

Yes but it’s really far from heating. The graphic card application says it’s running quite low in terms of %; power and ventilation.

With so much difference with some of you, it’s probably some configuration or option?

I play in fullscreen, with vsynce@60fps. you?

Yeah, going for lower fps does help considerably. I just wish I could put my rig to use, what’s the point of paying so much more for a high end pc and you end up not being able to use it? I play every game matching my monitor refresh rate (100+), of course it draws more power, but nothing close to what’s happening here. Even vsynced at 60, I’ve never had the gpu at these values.

well 60fps with vsync means you are limiting your performance considerably, thats why you get lower %power.

I set my fps cap to 120. the fun part is i can achieve constant 120fps lock either without any overclocks and undervolting with less than 180watts draw or with maxed out power limit with 384watts at a 240watts draw. with the same utilisation (50-60%) while having different GPU/Vram clocks.

There is something broken. and that is what its about… my temps never gone above 76°C even at 384watts. But my GPU never got this hot in any game even while at 384watts of draw (f.e. in Modern Warfare Multiplayer, small maps / not in the CPU limted BR im at 384watts draw but the gpu never gets hotter than 65°C even when its 33°C roomtemp with 95-99% utilisation)

So this thing does generate more heat than usual. When i would use vsync it wouldnt do anything on its own, since im on a 360hz Monitor, i have to use 3rd party fps limiters.

all ingame settings do nothing but make the game look worse when lowering, same thing happens. Max allowed power draw of my GPU, same FPS.