This game is so different on console than PC

I’m leveling quicker, I’m getting at least 10x the legendaries on console than pc thus can crank the difficulty up as high as it will let me. All the players on the leaderboards have hit 150 GR which I assume is the max.

What console? I play on ps4

Nintendo Switch my bad.

I heard there is a lot of cheaters on switch. PS4 I’m rank 300 something Barb at grift 116

Nintendo Switch version of D3 is in a bad way.

The console is fully hacked meaning people can download Switch saves, decrypt them and edit them and then encrypt them again and load on their Switch.

This means that all the gear is hacked on Switch and people can do a GR150 in 2 minutes.

Whilst the game is a little different on console compared to PC you can’t really use the Switch version to properly compare.

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

To be clear, the Switch Leaderboards are meaningless with all the hacked gear. But if you play legit, the experience is close to PS4/XB1.

If you understand that there’s hacked gear everywhere, even in seasons and if you care about legit play, you basically need to play with friends and avoid pub games in any form, you can get a feel for the differences between console and PC.

In pub games on Switch, you’re very likely to run into people with hacked gear and ridiculously high experience boost, which may be what the OP is experiencing.

1 Like

I absolutely prefer the console version to the PC version. I have been on the PC version since the launch (Real Money Auction House and all) but the console version actually keeps me entertained. I can grind Greater Rifts for hours and hours on the PC and see a few worthwhile legendaries drop for a class I am working on but almost never an Ancient version and not once one that has an optimal stat roll. Generally the PC version is just a slog to me. When the Test Realm first came out and they had those insane drop rates I was so happy because I could actually find gear to build builds that I wanted to try and see them working. Playing on the console is like that but only it isn’t a test realm and the drops are better all the time.

3 Likes

I don’t play online on Switch nor do I plan to pay Nintendo for online play. I literally only play my Switch a few times a year when I travel. I don’t think anythings hacked about the game that I’m playing, it just seems vastly easier/quicker to level. Maybe I just got lucky with lots of legendaries.

You can share gear. I was geared within 2 hours doing T16 on my barb when I started a few days ago on Friday.

No one I know still plays it on my version (Xbox) and I constantly get gifts dropping to send to them. Back when we all played the gift system was neat, my mailbox would overflow with shared gear. Even without that though I find the drops just vastly superior, not to mention how much I love having the dodge roll built in to every character (though to me it seems to cheat the Demon Hunter out of the Vault Skill’s uniqueness). It just seems the console was designed to be faster paced and more geared towards cooperative play (still have friends come over and play multiplayer on my console) that focuses a lot on progression and less on grinding for that one item.

Um, getting good drops on console is really just rng. I have had some seasons where I was able to get a full build ancient in less than 3 days. Some seasons, including this season 19, I’m up to paragon 1700 and still have 4 pieces of gear that are non ancient.

BTW, we cannot gear share in seasons on console. Everything is truely self find.

People would dupe that’s why it isn’t. People did dupe in S10, not sure if you were around at that point. It still easy to gear characters, especially just supports in a few hours.

The duping in season 10 (1st season on console) had nothing to do with sharing gear. Blizzard removed all gear share functionality in seasons for console from the start. The duping in season 10 was, again, an exploit of save mechanics. Blizzard did resolve the problem by making all items dropped by a player (in town) dissapear the moment they left the game . They later realized people were able to drop gear in rifts to dupe, and they fixed that as well.

It was never implemented because people would dupe and even after so, people still found out how to via exploiting. Gear sharing was never in seasonal play on the console.

2 Likes

Correct…duping of mats etc in S10 was possible in places like the Inn, Brawling grounds and rifts at which they patched it out but we have never had the ability to share gear on console.

You can now share your PSN save with another PSN account but obviously that wipes out the save on that other PSN account.

Yeah, I saw your video early on in S10.

1 Like