This Friday Please

The attitude that lead D3 to where it is today.
Just nerf crusader set it if is overpowered. Dont keep this silly power creep cycle going.

Any word for the Diablo II community or are they not part of the Diablo community nor the ā€œeveryoneā€ community?

they gonna nerf saders and buff monks.

The ring theme served as a deterrent for me personally. So ,essentially, I didnā€™t experience a season recently.
I agree. They need to begin next season today or tomorrow.

Just do not understand that in the last two seasons you started on the friday following the closing, and now not?

You are doing a great job Nev. It is not easy to manage and make many people happy. Here is something funny for you. Have a great day:

14 Likes

As usual we get no information until wednesday/thursday to when the new season will startā€¦
As it would be that hard to communicate with the playerbase.
It feels more like, do you even care about your playerbase.

1 Like

What are the odds or chances that season length might be reduced a little? Player base kind of drops off hard after the first month and a half or so on PC/Console.

I hope that they review the crusader and maybe revert the nerf to Lamentation or at least put it to 100% dmg increase. Barb will be irrelevant again if this stays.

Thank you for the hard work!

Do you start a season on anything but a Friday?

The season has stopped on Fridays then got changed to Sundays. How about next Sunday that is 1 week?

Leave Sader alone, donā€™t listen to hating trolls that virtue signal with balance. Some of these clowns think barb doing 140 is too much when other classes were doing higher than 140 with far less paragon last season. These people donā€™t want balance, they want their bias reflected in the games damage dealing hierarchy.

Leave Sader alone, Re add Lamentation multiplier.

5 Likes

Your post is illogical unless you think the following:

1. Ze Darkpatator cleared a 140 on PTR;
  2. People were mostly playing barbs;
  3. Devs did no internal testing and simply looked at PR results;
  4. Therefore Lamentation was nerfed and Crusaders not toned down at all.

If this is true though, it means the devs did no internal testing and simply relied on PTR results.

If so it means they donā€™t know their own game very well.

If so it means Blizzard is blameworthy and so are their representatives - we paid for this game, remember? So why are people acting like as customers we are meant to be ignoring the primary responsibility of game designers to test their chit before putting it out.

So this is why people were blaming dark for solo pushing with barbā€¦I meanā€¦lolā€¦and we expect balance from this sort of behavior???

2 Likes

Yeah how long ago?
The point being is that D3 represents one heck of a good deal for continued play vs further development and fine tuning.

Not like you have a subscription you pay monthly is it ?

3 Likes

" we promise better communication " ā€¦ since 2010. :rofl:

5 Likes

Well, you know what? With you all being that open and nice, Iā€™ll give ya that back.
I accept your apology, and appreciate your openness.

As a dev myself (Not Blizzard, I wish), Iā€™d have done the same, sometimes do when I know things can be fragile (Despite all unit-tests, QA and automation, you sometimes take the measure of some ā€œlive-timeā€)

I bet anyone here would explode if they missed their record or achievement due some bug during season - so anyone coming with complaints about that gap, should rethink.

I havenā€™t been active here (Mostly social media), but started since Blizzcon, and I quickly came to appreciate your posts, tone and care.

Know that youā€™re loved back - if I could see it in a few days, those whoā€™ve been here more than me, clearly see it brighter.

Ever since, Iā€™m also passing those forward to my d3 community. :heart:

1 Like

So when you buy a game, and the company still puts out content say - 1 month after you buy it, and continues to do so - how long are they responsible for ensuring the quality of the updates?

Let that sink in.

In what instance does that game vendor become the subservient of the customer? :slightly_smiling_face:

We tried, once, to launch a Season on a Thursday instead. We received immense amounts of community feedback that that was not optimal; many people like taking the day off for the Season start, and thatā€™s a lot harder to do on a Thursday than the end of the week.

We went back to Fridays and havenā€™t tried to mess with it since.

17 Likes

Hi Nev,

Did the crusader AoV come up in your meeting? Any hints on what the plan is going forward?