the drop rate seems fine,but the drops are off. primals are fewer and farther between. ancients seem somewhat more rare, and the rolls seem to be , wanting.
I hate to be critical , but this season feels off.
RNG is what it is but both Shards and Embers occupy otherwise critical placement in the drops, so you may be experiencing a deep ocean. This can partially be made up by not being level 70. But then, you’re handcuffed elsewhere and not the fun kind.
i am am enjoying the shards,and i think they're an awesome addition. I'm just refering to the quality of the drops.
and the shard drops are taking the place of what could of been an ancient or primal drop, If at whatever level you get 10 drops of legendaries the 2 slots taken by the shards means you are only getting 8 legendary slots for equipment over the normal 10
99.99% of the drops are meant to be bad. Otherwise the game would not be very much fun or rewarding.
Reminder that when you use the Soul Shards they all come with a backdraw by design and that can be detrimental until you upgrade them enough. While this seems fine,it can affect your farming capabilities at very low paragon levels. If you’re finding that drops are off or somewhat odd, I suggest you to get to grinding with high experience bonus gear or utility items to rush through this phase quicker as long as you stick to the Soul Shards.
What you feel is irrelevant.
We all want to feel like we are getting good drops or timely drops.
But it doesn’t always work that way. Streaks of good, streaks of bad, etc etc. At paragon 900, I have only had 8 Primal drops. Honestly, that is much higher than I would have suspected. Considering I broke GR70 back around Paragon 200ish. And I have been grinding back to back GR90s for the past couple weeks, not bad. 8 x 400 legendary drops would be around 3200 legendaries have dropped for me. Assuming that roughly 10% of that number are Ancients, 320 of them salvaged for 960 souls. The other 2880 of them gave me that many souls. And I currently have nearly 3k in souls, obviously having spent some as well doing re-rolls and what-not.
Which means, according to all that, I have been getting roughly 1 every 400 drops. God that’s weird when I sit down and do the math.
That all said, The drops themselves have been hit or miss for usefulness as you point out. But that happens in this game more than it doesn’t.
Getting a useful drop is more like 1 in a 1000 once you have your build’s gear complete. All that’s left is finding better versions.
I finally got a decent Squirt’s for the first time ever, a damn near perfect primal. Got a great primal Zodiac, perfect chest and helm (other than the builds not being what I am playing). Got two characters decked out in mostly ancients quite quickly, those that aren’t ancient are because the current non ancients are better than just a standard ancient.
Drop rate and rolls seem fine for me.
Not saying this to be rude, but to point out that your experience this season is opposite of mine so neither one proves something.
If your character “BILL” got its gear in one season just from drops, gambling a few reforges etc. I can understand that you feel disappointed now. On the other hand BILL’s highest legendary gem is 110 so your softcore seasonal DH should easily be able to surpass that without primals or BIS ancients.
PS. This is not a personal attack. Wish you best of luck in the game of course ![]()
try clicking with your left hand next time, that might help.
The drop rate of the soul shards and the like, and the massive bonus experience and power they give us is probably skewing your perception.
they really need to put a “Bad luck is not a bug” sign above the door on the way in here.
It’s the season theme that took over many drop lists.
If you play in fast groups running gr100 and above you’ll get a lot of ancients/primals.
Above GR90, nothing changes with regards to loot drops, other than when running in groups, you might have someone in the group that can give you their drops as well. That is the only difference.
Primals and ancients aren’t going to fall any better at a higher GR than 90.
As for the theme, yes, the shards and embers are taking up drop slots that would normally be occupied by gear. So in that respect there are fewer drops overall this season with regards to gear. But the number of drop slots remain the same. And 90 and above there is no increase in drop slots. If farming gear, run 90s or whatever you can blister sub 3 minute GRs in. Otherwise the only gain with higher GRs is EXP.
I’ve gotten 10 primals from t6 (while im power leveling people). Not sure if its just pure dumb luck or what or its the drop gods rewarding me for my kindness
Box, meet this comment and keep it in D3.
BILL is actually a day 1 toon,and he’s benifitted from the gear of many awesome seasons. i don’t have any complaints about the drop rate. In fact,it seems slightly higher than previous seasons, with the exception of primals. I’m simply saying that everything is dropping, but with worse than usual rolls. And as a casual player,I don’t spend a lot of time in greater rifts. But i’ve been here since the game came out,so i"m just sharing my personel experience.And to see if i’m the only one?
And thanks for the luck,i’ll take all i can get !
Can anyone make an estimate of how many legendaries/ set pieces that can drop?
It’s pure luck and the opposite. I have had some extreme luck. And hunting for a nice quiver I have 4 descent looking primal ones for my DH, still hunting for a nice one for Impale… Thousands of blood shards have gone to Kadala.
Get your minds of the primals and look at the stats instead. If ancient with the right stats keep it because the power difference will not be as big as you might think. I say this with some reservation when you want a legendary with a certain legendary power.