They didn't say ladder items can be found on NL FOREVER

I didn’t either. However, there was a major Reddit survey before even the Blizzard one, as well as Llama’s stuff. There were also media interviews:

The team also wanted to gauge the fanbase’s reaction to some of the small quality of life changes that had been implemented, such as automatic gold pick-up. “For the most part people really liked them,” Gallerani says. “In fact they want to see more. The game is still a work in progress - this was a tech alpha - so even from the design side we have a lot of thoughts about [additional] quality of life updates and ways we can make them better.”

“A lot of the feedback has been specific, low level, little things across the board,” Gallerani continues. “The community has been amazing, we have sites of people putting together surveys and PowerPoints for us. It’s awesome to see them share how they feel about it.”

“We can’t promise that we can or will change everything,” Lead Artist Chris Amaral adds. “But when there are things we agree with, we can push them a little further.”

i REALLY hope they either add this or they give us more stash tabs. 3 shared isn’t even close to enough. ill still need a dozen mules.

3 Likes

Rune stacking leads to easily duping runes if dupe methods are discovered. It was an issue in PoD afaik.

I’m indifferent for the most part to that one. I wouldn’t mind it, but could live without it. Just don’t make it a cube thing to stack/unstack like PD2 does. The 3 shared and 1 personal with the increased space will be fine for now. With the ungating, I could see them adding some more in the future or making seasonal prizes for beating Hell Baal give an extra tab. I think having what we got for baseline will be good though. I’m a simple man, just give me a skill bar and some post launch balancing, hog heaven.

at least allow it for SP then. or just give us a bunch more stash tabs is fine. I just feel like the 3 shared tabs with a little extra space is more like just a tease because we STILL have to make a bunch of mules. During the Beta i nearly filled up all my shared tabs after only a couple days.

If you’re going to play on SP then there will be a mod that can do it. Unless you’re one of those guys that refuses to use mods lol. I’m with Tanis where I don’t overly care what happens for rune/gem stacking.

well i would like enough room for all my loot in both SP and on ladder… lol. Preferably. :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t need a bunch to start. I’ll probably create 2 Zons and 1 of every other class, but will focus on Frozen Orb Sorc and Zealer Pally first. Then maybe a Javazon once I find a Titans, and WW Barb if I get full IK. That’ll keep me busy for a few months as I build up. Then will probably play only 1-2 nights a week for the first month of FF14 expac, then will have to split time between D2R and Edge of Eternity PS4 when it drops. Then back to D2R fulltime until FF7 Remake Part 2, or if the rumored Castlevania Advance collection comes out for PS4.

a skill bar would be super awesome for KBM. i played with the controller for gigs and actually found it really fun. but ultimately just wanted the skill bar on my KBM. i hated moving around gear with the joysticks. Can’t beat the mouse for loot-tetris.

If i could choose one major change i hope D2R gets post launch its buffs to many unused skills for all the classes. could create dozens or even hundreds of more viable builds. Just means more fun trying them all out.

Yeah I was against this, but honestly now that they’ve decided to change as much as they have, we might as well get rune and gem stacking.

Go for it!

1 Like

Yeah, I want it for two reasons outside of my pops slow fingers: Visualization of what skills bound where, and the instant cast function for often switched to skills, such as static field, teleport, telekininses, barb cries, holy shield, charge, etc. I played with controller too for a bit, and the game felt more like a hack and slash action rpg that I’d play on console, felt good. Until inventory management, and adding stat points, which it looks like the point distribution is being patched. I’ve always said this, and after playing on controller, a charm inventory would greatly benefit them.

I like the decision. Give a damn about that ladder thing. Forced me only to play fast and killed my hc chars :rofl:. I just want the items.
And due to no seasonal changes, the ladder has no point for me.
Just want to have my funny smooth and slow gameplay. :kissing_heart:

For someone that has been hell bent on no changes, that surprises me. I do think they will either have a seasonal bonus with the ladder start, or probably add one for the second season to drive more participation.

Once its done they won’t revert the decision, and TBH is a great outcome. Content ungated!

You want to play ladder? nothing will be stopping you once it launches.

1 Like

According to Sample Size Calculator (Link at https:/ /www.checkmarket . com/sample-size-calculator/) In order to have a 99% Confidence level with only a 2% margin of Error, one would need 4147 responses to the survey. This is assuming the population size that is being tested for is 50’000’000 (This number was chosen arbitrarily as the Diablo 2 player base is probably nowhere near that large).

This would be such a stupid design decision.

Gut gated content because of complaints.

Add more gated content.

Profit?

No. They will destroy their credibility if any more gated content is added to ladder.

1 Like

It’s not really the same thing, though. Permanent gating being added again would be dumb. If it was like the legendary gems, where find em first in season, then added to the drop pool after season, I would be fine with. Though, they would have to watch power creep on it. If they did what is being done with ethereals right now or just had some minor gameplay change, like…double gem drops, or double shrine duration, or something such as that, it’d be fine. But I think we’re going to see the shape of things in the next week or two after beta completes.

I think some of the big post launch stuff will be related to bug fixes, server stability, and console features.

I love that they listened on this. Sometimes it feels the arguments against
non-ladder content are more of a “special snowflake thing”. And the
post really looks like a permanent thing.

Content for everyone at his own pace, it couldnt get any better right?

2 Likes

I didn’t even know people played non ladder.

Accessibility. Long term grind farm. Real attachment to characters rather than temp throw aways.

2 Likes