They didn't say ladder items can be found on NL FOREVER

It’s hard to say really. I can see the stability concerns being valid but ultimately if they were going to launch ladder day 1 it would make no sense to also launch non-ladder. Day 1 make everyone ladder and eventually they roll over.

No, but my dad does. (Hey you edited out the part asking if I worked for blizzard LOL!)

Anyway, just a crazy thought. Whenever something good happens to me I gotta think about how the world is going to screw me over and take it away through some sort of loophole. Not to mention there are a lot of people that aren’t exactly loving this change.

I think it’s only fair to do a proper vote on something that changes something this massive.

Pretty big one for me. I always wanted this. My intention originally was to play first season then wait on Plugy update for D2R if they didn’t ungate. When they announced no tcp/ip, that destroyed the idea of being able to play SP with my father. I never liked the idea of temp characters, and never revisited non ladder due to gating and I don’t care for pvp. Now I’m happy, I may even play a season or two if they add themes, or unlock extra stash space or something.

1 Like

And I believe Blizzard themselves already surveyed this change. And it passed the smell test.

I’ll drop this here, just because. There’ll still be ladder, unless they decide remove it entirely.

Nothing is breaking.

I read it as permanent as well.

This statement right here reinforces that IMO.

3 Likes

I’m right there with you. I started playing PlugY for a handful of reasons.

1. I could play at my own pace and I knew I could get all of the ladder only items eventually without having to start from the ground up on a character over and over

2. Infinite stash to hold everything is excellent (can just use mule’s for that stuff if you REALLY wanna keep those crappy uniques and sets that you’ll never use. You could always just keep a checklist?)

3. The game didn’t have a lot of players doing baal runs when I checked like 3 years ago and I didn’t want to rely on others / bots were rampant / people would steal my drops. Also there was lag issues.

4. I didn’t have to worry about account/character expirations

5. I could “cheat” and dupe enigmas so I didn’t have to move gear back and forth once I crafted one legitly, etc.

Most of these issues are not a problem on D2:R so I have no reason to play SP anymore personally. The benefits of being part of the community outweighs the inconveniences of playing on bnet.

3 Likes

I will probably not play single player either now. Though I will miss static maps for fast MF runs and the infinite storage from Plugy. I had thought about toying with Classic if they didn’t ungate, but now will probably stick with LoD. I’m super excited about this, as long as Blizzard doesn’t screw it up by adding a new set of permanent ladder only items that creates the same problem they just fixed.

Can’t post screenshots/inks but according to the alpha survey on MrLlama’s channel:

54% wanted ladder only restrictions removed
24% wanted to keep non-ladder restrictions
22% “are not sure”

MrLlama’s alpha survey was the “official blizzard” one, correct? If not, can I trouble you for a source?

No. Blizzard sent email surveys to random account holders during two rounds. One happened before Alpha, the other happened after Alpha. These ranged from questions about ladder ungatting, Personal Loot replacing FFA Loot, balance changes, gem/rune stacking, charm inventory, adding world events like ubers, seasonal buffs to skills and such for seasons only, etc.

here is one

Lol, well I wasn’t a part of that survey and I’ve played this game for over 10,000 hours over a period greater than 10 years. “WHAT ABOUT MY OPINION?” - Everyone that didn’t take part in that survey. (myself included, at least i think, i don’t remember)

But yeah, we’ll see what happens. We’ll figure it out as we go I guess.

I didn’t either. However, there was a major Reddit survey before even the Blizzard one, as well as Llama’s stuff. There were also media interviews:

The team also wanted to gauge the fanbase’s reaction to some of the small quality of life changes that had been implemented, such as automatic gold pick-up. “For the most part people really liked them,” Gallerani says. “In fact they want to see more. The game is still a work in progress - this was a tech alpha - so even from the design side we have a lot of thoughts about [additional] quality of life updates and ways we can make them better.”

“A lot of the feedback has been specific, low level, little things across the board,” Gallerani continues. “The community has been amazing, we have sites of people putting together surveys and PowerPoints for us. It’s awesome to see them share how they feel about it.”

“We can’t promise that we can or will change everything,” Lead Artist Chris Amaral adds. “But when there are things we agree with, we can push them a little further.”

i REALLY hope they either add this or they give us more stash tabs. 3 shared isn’t even close to enough. ill still need a dozen mules.

3 Likes

Rune stacking leads to easily duping runes if dupe methods are discovered. It was an issue in PoD afaik.

I’m indifferent for the most part to that one. I wouldn’t mind it, but could live without it. Just don’t make it a cube thing to stack/unstack like PD2 does. The 3 shared and 1 personal with the increased space will be fine for now. With the ungating, I could see them adding some more in the future or making seasonal prizes for beating Hell Baal give an extra tab. I think having what we got for baseline will be good though. I’m a simple man, just give me a skill bar and some post launch balancing, hog heaven.

at least allow it for SP then. or just give us a bunch more stash tabs is fine. I just feel like the 3 shared tabs with a little extra space is more like just a tease because we STILL have to make a bunch of mules. During the Beta i nearly filled up all my shared tabs after only a couple days.

If you’re going to play on SP then there will be a mod that can do it. Unless you’re one of those guys that refuses to use mods lol. I’m with Tanis where I don’t overly care what happens for rune/gem stacking.

well i would like enough room for all my loot in both SP and on ladder… lol. Preferably. :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t need a bunch to start. I’ll probably create 2 Zons and 1 of every other class, but will focus on Frozen Orb Sorc and Zealer Pally first. Then maybe a Javazon once I find a Titans, and WW Barb if I get full IK. That’ll keep me busy for a few months as I build up. Then will probably play only 1-2 nights a week for the first month of FF14 expac, then will have to split time between D2R and Edge of Eternity PS4 when it drops. Then back to D2R fulltime until FF7 Remake Part 2, or if the rumored Castlevania Advance collection comes out for PS4.