TheUltimateEggman did nothing wrong!

You are being obtuse on purpose Pe3eWe3e. There is a huge difference between normal bugs you report on the Bug Report forums, and exploits that are clearly not intended and allow massive advantage.

Please stop trying to pretend this is just a “bug”. It is not. Go ahead and look up the history of the Hellfire Amulet exploit if you want to see how this sort of thing goes down. It normally results in bans.

You may want to review the EULA again, which has already been posted in this thread. It explicitly prohibits using exploits.

We used to have a thread dedicated to that on the Bug Report forum to prevent people from reporting Exploits, Hacks, or Cheats on there to avoid spreading them.

How to report exploits, hacks, and cheats

Greetings Heroes,

I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone of our forum policies regarding reporting issues involving exploits, hacks, and cheating:

According to the Forums Code of Conduct, under NO circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have his/her thread deleted immediately and may be reviewed for a forums suspension.

If you would like to report a hack, cheating, or other activity against the Terms of Use, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com.

If you’ve discovered an in-game bug that you feel is sensitive in nature and may potentially be used to exploit game mechanics for personal gain, you may also feel free to contact me directly at tsarnis@blizzard.com with a full report of how to reproduce the issue.

Thank you for your due diligence with this. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the appropriate channels.

The email address there is outdated, but Nevalistis has provided hers here publicly which can be used for sensitive issues that need.

I’ve posted it a few times, but I do have a public email address you can request these kinds of things at.

1 Like

My recollection was that they did fix this given the PTR feedback. It is unclear to me how this exploit found its way back into the live game. I could be mistaken on this, since I can not find their post relative to this issue.

You stop pretening this bug or exploit or what ever is known since last night and not since 1 month ago.

Like I said… If I know for this for over a month I find it hard that Blizzard does not know about it.

It normally takes 24-36 hours for Blizz to investigate, respond, and punish exploits. They often shut it down pretty fast, but we won’t know the final outcome regarding suspensions and such until they finish the investigation. It usually has to do with how many people used it, and what gain was given by the exploit. This one is very very clearly not an intended gameplay mechanic and grants LARGE, I would say game breaking, advantage.

1 Like

I did exactly this for a macro tool that is sold online… That is used to automate Wizard Bazooka play. I did it many months ago. Tool is still working.

Should I write about this tool on forums now? Here, where everyone can see?

Sure.

It was from category 1) thus the bans.

You reported a third party vendor that Blizzard does not control. Stopping third party sites requires legal action. Further, macros are very hard to detect so Blizzard would have issues banning individuals and they can’t actually stop macros on your own computer.

If you choose to violate the forum rules, you will have to deal with the consequences.

Now, please stop trying to conflate regular bugs, or third party websites selling macros, with an actual in-game exploit. They are not the same things.

He very clearly exploited for major personal gains. He will have to deal with the consequences on both Twitch, and eventually Blizzard, platforms.

3 Likes

That cleary was intended. That cleary makes those who are doing their best to break their personal record whitout any kind of exploit/cheat/bot a worthless effort.
Jesus, Ive passed bad times to finish my 120 in time, all alone. Trying and fishing countless times. Im not the best player in the World but Im really serious in being in the list at the end of the season… Dont matter if the seasonal affix ia broken ir something like that, were putting effort and time in that.

Most probably yes. Blizzard did bad job in this particular case. That is also most probably true.

if reports of Blizzard knowing about the “exploit” and “trying” to fix it are true it is clear that sending email to hacks team would not do any difference as they already know about it.

This man should be hailed a hero!!! For forcibly applying pressure on blizzard to get this exploit noticed and fixed!!! Sarcasm aside, entitlement is disgusting.

1 Like

Pe3…etc is the kind of guy who think you can talk yourself out of everything… “yes officer, I knew the lights were red, but it’s not my fault, somebody made it change from green to red too fast… I know I exceeded the speed limit but the manufacturer made my car so darn fast that I can’t help it”. Etc, etc.

2 Likes

Like all the other people including Game Producer who wrote about THUD on forums? You are being obtuse on purpose.

There were absolutely no personal gains besides some GR clear/LB score that would be deleted anyway before end of Season.

Personal gains would involve an exploit raising his paragon level for example and in such case a ban would be needed.

I think Twitch already done the job by banning him for sharing the exploit - giving him an in-game ban would be too much.

Umm, GR LB score, on multiple characters, is a personal gain.

We are going to have to agree to disagree here. I prefer Blizzard uphold the EULA and ban or at least suspend, people who knowingly and intentionally exploit, cheat, etc. For me, it goes way beyond exploits, to overdue actions against botters, etc.

However, this not up to us. The only one who has a say is Blizzard. They will do what they feel is appropriate, within the terms of the EULA, etc.

2 Likes

Community did it. He was probably reported by viewers.

Using an exploit is a banable offense. So good riddance.

1 Like

No, personal gain would be something permanent - he very well knows his time would be erased by end of Season. There is no gain, just fun.

In fact if they want to punish him without a ban - leaving his scores until the very end would exclude him from the LBs when these are deleted since he can’t make better time now.

I think anyone else trying for Legit leaderboard scores would disagree with you. That gives a feeling of personal accomplishment and ultimately a spot in the top X number, even if others eventually beat you. Chances of others beating a 150 clear are going to be slim given the game is balanced around 141 or 143? I can’t quite remember what Matthew said, but they did say that.

A gain does not have to be permanent forever, for it to still be personal gain. If I cheated in a cross country race, they would not just sweep it under the rug based on the concept that someone else would later get a better time than me.

1 Like

I second this statement and would like it if Blizzard took more action in this regard with ALL of his accounts not just the 1 account in question. He showed that he is a “cheater” by streaming the exploit, who is to say on any of his other accounts he has not cheated in another form in this game.

TLDR: Just personal opinion on this topic, I both think Blizzard should enforce the ToS AND be more strict when it comes to people who have multiple accounts by banning all accounts registered to the user who breaks said ToS.

It might be such to a noob player, but not to a competitive player knowing he’s cheating/exploiting.

He made the time clearly knowing what is to happen just to force the programmers to fix the bug sooner.