There is absolutely no need to change D2R gameplay

I think all we really need is a very powerful mod support. Because currently there are so many ideas and suggestions, if VV starts to add/change stuff many people will get upset regardless of what is being added/changed. So the best course of action is to provide adequate tools to players so that they can simply modify the game as they see fit.

Also, I think it’s not really wise to trust VV/Blizzard with changing D2R core gameplay when they can’t even properly remaster original D2 characters! If they fail with such simple tasks imagine what might happen if they start changing core gameplay - they already have created problems with established Diablo lore. And there is W3: Refunded already… So no, thank you. We don’t need this.

I would really prefer them to focus on making remastered graphics as good as possible, it should be perfect - especially when it comes to player characters and skill animations. Another good thing they can do is to fix the huge amount of D2 OG bugs - this can really make game better. Other than that… they should stay away and keep the game as it is.

/Discuss

5 Likes

Diablo 2 is not perfect so there is still need of changing some stuff. Or adding new stuff, dont mistake mods with improvement to original games.

You have patches and DLC and then you have modding separatedly. Its quite normal that games are being changed and improved with patches.

You say that let player modify the game. But many players want to play on battle net and there is only one unmoded version. Players cant modifty that. They have to play under patch which is chosen by devs. So thats why many players is advocating for improvement on original game which will tranfer to battle net play. And game really do need QoL changes and future content to still be interesting for players base to play it another few years.

4 Likes

I agree, they should make mod support pretty strong, because as far as we know, they’ve only said they are exposing many hardcode things to softcode, and modular UI.

However modding in original Diablo II is so much more than just changing hardcoded stuff, or changing some things in UI, I really hope VV/Blizzard announces more in-depth what the extent of this modding support will be.

And perhaps provide us some tools for modifying any file formats they introduced along with said modding support, if there isn’t any accessible programs out there for them already.

1 Like

and all you purist can enjoy your ghost town after one month! ROFL blizzard remade a game for 2000ish players and a billion bots! you guys killed and ruined D2 back then and your doing the same!

lets keep a clunky outdated dead game the same as it was 20 years ago so the 2000ish of us and our billion bots with forum gold can have fun!

Same thread made by the same people with the same people responding this forum is a sad joke!!!

Should i make another post? What should be my topic today im sure Micro , Zax and all my other forum friends will come out and play

1 Like

This is a difficult topic to address. One of the most difficult things about it is that a lot of those “bugs” were actually accidental class balancing factors for pvp. Without some of those bugs, the intra-class dynamic will be greatly skewed in terms of pvp balance and some classes will be useless.

What Blizzard needs to do is dig into some of the old forum communities and find the original player base who is around 35 to 40 years old at this point, who knew the game very well, and consult with these people only about what should be changed and what should not.

For example, I absolutely hated desynch in Diablo 2. However, desynch was the one thing that allowed FRW based characters to compete with FCR Enigma characters in pvp. If desynch is fixed, then they will need to balance other things, A LOT of other things to keep the pvp fun, which was the glue that held D2 together for all these years “casual blood moor pvp bash” <- it’s true. If they screw up the pvp people won’t stick around in D2r for very long. The end game of Diablo 2 was always building high performance pvp characters.

But yeah at any rate, if they start fixing one thing then they need to fix other things and then it never ends and they begin catering to every complaint the player base has.

Honestly this D2r needs to stay A REMASTER and they need to leave the game mechanics alone. Adding more stash inventory is cool, and other ascetic qualities are great, but the game mechanics need to be left alone.

If they start listening to this generation of gamers who played Diablo 3 easy arcade mode, it will ruin what made Diablo 2 a great game to begin with.

This was supposed to be a remaster in the spirit of retro gaming, not a remake. I’d like to see it stay that way.

1 Like