The Whirlwind Rend Nerf is effectively more than 7 Tiers

I’m great. I advocated for keeping a reduced rend damage affix on lamentation. I NEVER advocated for its complete removal if you check the second post in the megathread.

From an intellectual standpoint, I am pleased. Now, I will have the data to see if I was right about my prediction for the top potential of this build. With the complete removal of the rend damage modifier, it was clear to me that few people would push with this build. Now I can see if I was accurate in my assessment about the top potential of this build. I suggested a flat 100%. The belt will now have 100%-150%.

I wonder how this prediction will turn out in era 12? Someone will definitely clear 140-142.

I would laugh hard if now the belt would ONLY have the 100-150% increased rend damage and the casting rend twice part was removed :rofl:

Correction, you are pleased in your ability to provide incorrect, false, misleading data in your agenda to keep barbs either slightly or straight up under powered in comparison to Wizards and likely Necros in Solo pushing capabilities. As well as to prevent them from joining the group DPS meta.

At 200% Barbs where just finally starting to catch up to Wizard and Necro while still being slightly behind in overall power creep. Post nerf, even if we had 200% lamentation Wizards and Necros are still going to be quite a few GR’s higher. Now you subtract 50% off the original 200% just puts Barb that much further behind the still overpowered Wizard and Necro even with nerfs.

I personally am happy for the 100-150%, as it atleast makes the build viable/ playable and likely competitive as well as being a part of the group meta to a certain extent. Especially since we was almost stuck with 0%. Still doesn’t stop the fact that Wizards and Necros will still remain superior in overall power though.

If you was truly in support of “balance” for all classes as you say you advocate for, you’d see and realize that. However, you choose to make tables and charts with incorrect and false data in barb discussions. That fact alone says otherwise of what you say you advocate for overall.

4 Likes

:joy: SHUUUUT UPPPPPPP Plssss

3 Likes

You obviously misunderstood what MicroRNA said. He’s saying the difference in damage from 150% compared to a 200% modifier is about 1 to 1.5 GRifts worth of damage and he is right.

150 is 75% of 200 so about a 25% damage loss. Each GRift level increase requires 17% increase in damage to clear the same. So it’s about 1.5 GRifts of a difference

3 Likes

big oof, that would be amusingly infuriating.

For Wizards, I think that you may be correct that wizards will be more powerful, especially since they could not figure out how to nerf bazooka (I advocated for nerfing bazooka); however, the nerf to necromancers thorns limits the top end potential of the class. If you look at Prokahn’s analysis, necromancers (not monk and not barbs) were the weakest in GR efficiency under GR ~120 ish.

It sounds like Bazooka’s days are numbered.

:joy:

2 Likes

Why is this table number spamming guy talking about intellectual points and “predictions” like he ever came up with anything from a calculated point of view, rather than a “I guessed the numbers right therefore I am intellectual” situation. Like damn.
Proven wrong multiple times. Even with the numbers that were spammed right in the face of Barbarians knowing a whole lot more.
I advocate for a block function.

4 Likes

Did you ever look at the tables that I posted? There were two types:

1. Leaderboard data copied directly from in game or online. (No guessing)
  2. Leaderboard data where I calculated averages/medians/standard deviations (no guessing)

The only number that I estimated was what the top GR for PTR ww/rend. When I made this estimate in a table I noted the 140 GR clear and a second number that clearly denoted that this number was an estimate to have 100% transparency. For the tables, I even wrote (in general) what date the data was copied from in game/online. Similarly I noted the era wizards and necromancers GR clears and noted that these classes were being nerfed.

P.S. I looked at all classes and even made a thread about it looking at historical GR clears from the past several season and patches.

It has been proven more than once, that you wrote misinfo on things. You didn’t predict anything, more than everyone else who threw those numbers around. You didn’t calculate anything else.
You’ve made mistakes upon mistakes. You were even SEEN asking the Barbarian forum about things you, yourself have earlier written an essay about and others pointed out you made mistakes about it.
So no. The word intellectual and predictions and calculating things are far from what you have been going around with.

Again, to enlighten others reading this. You have NEVER spammed ( and yes, you literally spam ) numbers on ANY other class… The ONLY one you did it for was Barbarian…
Nothing on Demon hunter. Nothing on anyone else.
Intellectual cause you hunt Barbarian class down just to get it nerfed?

No. Big fat no.
Done here.

2 Likes

So, in the tables where you estimated / guessed at values, which category of table are you putting those in? You know, as they are neither leaderboard data or averaged leaderboard data.

2 Likes

Finally, we no need yr tables more! Thx!

Hope, since 2.6.7a The Whirlwind Rend Nerf will be effectively less than 7 Tiers :wink:
Hail and Kill, Barb Bros!

1 Like

Here is an example of the data/table in question. It was the top clears in the current live era nonseason vs. the PTR barbs non-season. Since I showed an estimate (I clearly noted that it was an estimate), I also included the current real data “140-done”. Based on the inclusion of an estimated data point, I did not include any simple analysis (means/medians/StDev) that would not even make sense since this just looks at top clears.

P.S. The data was accurate when I posted it originally.

-Grandfather, tell my a story!
-Alright, go and get your data/table book.
-No, no, not one of those!!! A real story!! ©

1 Like

I’m spending some time tonight to get my barbarian ready for the new patch. See you in game…

Update: Mission Accomplished. New Ambo Pride Extracted plus have new barb items. Did you get the new patch 2.6.7 items yet (excluding lamentation with the new rend damage affix of course)?

I won’t be seeing anything from you anymore. What you have done here have shown me enough. I stated my opinions and nothing will change.

1 Like

Am OK with this. Bazooka wizard nerfed? - #32 by Venaliter-1813

Time to kick a$$ and chew bazooka bubble gum…but I’m all out of gum. (Duke Nukem 3D…anyone?)

2 Likes

At this point I’ll just ignore him completely.

1 Like