The Whirlwind Rend Nerf is effectively more than 7 Tiers

BTW WW is also small AoE - I checked https://www.d3planner.com/game/63573/powers/Barbarian_Whirlwind#Script%20Formula%207

And if I understand it correctly the radius is 9, the same to grenade.

Last time I played Hammer and WW and enjoyed them was back in Vanilla. I did try WW in RoS and didn’t like it.
It wasn’t because of how of the AoE worked though. It was most likely the low DMG.
Or maybe it was, that I was lower paragon and I couldn’t dedicate enough affixes to area dmg… I really don’t recall what the problem was, but it was something along these lines.

What’s the highest WW clear as of current and with what Paragon?

Or he could go beg darkpotato to do a vid for him

1 Like

This is not your bad. Area damage is confusing and hard to balance; it causes the server to lag, and enforces a not-cool playstyle - not killing every monster but having to group them and kill them together. I hope it can be removed in D4.

I know Im replying to an old post but talk about eating your words. Crus did do 150, more than one. Bazooka is still killing 5 minute 150s, and his 135 was ´´NOT´´ whirlrend

The issues you experienced are the same that the barb community wants fixed, and appeared to finally be on the PTR, but the removal of rend damage seems to have put us close to where we were.

Last I looked highest WW is 127, dont know para though.

Paragon is relevant… because if it was done with high paragon, it would indicate they are balancing the spec in a similar manner to Multishot specs… as in not a top spec.

top ww clear that is posted on the rankings is Bgstan. 127@5496para. That doesnt mean it is the top ww clear. Ask ulmaguest what his top clear is as ww. Pretty sure 127 can be done at 10k plus a bit easier. This is on NA servers only too. There is likely higher then 127 clear on other servers.

127 with 5500 paragon which tbh is still low… same with the 2nd WW barb 125 with 5400…then it drops badly theres almost no WW barbs…

on the other hand a 150 is completed like cake by the new sader set so theres that…

i think currently she is the top WW barb in all regions

s19 date details are up. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Last updated Nov 12. That’s not final.

If u open your blizzard app, you will see what I am referring to. Whether its old or new. It just started popping up through my blizzard app.

They added it to the app because they have the start date. The patch notes haven’t changed and no way in hell AOV isn’t getting a nerf. People aren’t allowed to have that much fun.

2 Likes

Revert the nerf blizz plssssss

I start to struggle at like 110ish 20k str 2.2k para mostly anc/augmented. Hit me up if you want khaelos#1753

Nerf is 75% reverted! Belts coming back at 100-150%. Best I’ve done with the nerfed belt is a 110 (very good rift) in 8mins 44 seconds at 1240 paragon. With the belt buffed up to 150% I’ll be able to push to 118-120 roughly I think, although toughness might start being an issue. This is great for me.

1 Like

Not only is this directly a 4-5 grift gain but this might make rend strong enough so that we can load up on stats that suit rend only. We will need to test but it might be enough. It may be closer to 6-7 lvl gain.

1 Like