The Templar's Lesson Conversation Achievement Bugged?

I have tried to complete the achievement in Campaign with multiple characters now with no luck. Is there a known bug for this achievement? I have tried multiple combinations of equipping the follower, equipping other followers, and not equipping the follower while speaking to him. All other conversations have appeared but this one eludes me. I’ve also tried resetting the campaign to Azmodan and rerunning to the followers talking position in Fall of the High Heavens chapter IV. Any insights would be appreciated.

1 Like

No bug. Not sure if there is a trick, since I did it so long ago.

Yeah, I’ve seen others with it completed but wondering if I’m bugged now. I ran through a seasonal and non-seasonal character, male and female since it’s stated that your class and gender change the text. Thanks for the input.

For The Templar’s Lesson you do not need Kormac as your Follower. You can just talk to him in town.

Reset your Campaign Quest to the beginning of Act IV: Fall of the High Heavens.

Talk to Kormac before you talk to Tyrael. If Kormac is not your current Follower, use the Waypoint to return to town.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the input and especially the screen shots. They helped me figure out what is going on. I have the achievement for the Secrets of the Tome conversation but the conversation does not appear on my list. Once I figure that out, I should be able to get it. Thanks a lot.

Yep, that was the issue. I had the achievement but it didn’t appear in the list. Problem solved.

Apologies for necro-ing this old post, but I wanted to expand on this a bit since I encountered the same issue. I also had the issue where the “Secrets of the Tome” conversation was checked complete in the “For the Order” achievement, but starting the campaign in act 4 did not give me the option to listen to “The Templar’s Lesson.”

What I did was go back and re-start the last act 3 quest, The Heart of Sin, with the Templar follower, which unlocked the conversations “The Truth” and “Secrets of the Tome,” which I listened to. Once I finished The Heart of Sin quest line and went to act 4, “The Templar’s Lesson” was available for me to listen to and finish the achievement.

I don’t think it was necessary to run all the way through the quest, or have the Templar as your active follower, I think just listening to the “Secrets of the Tome” conversation should be enough. Either way you definitely want to double check that you have actually listened to “The Truth” and “Secrets of the Tome” in act 3 since they appear to unlock “The Templar’s Lesson.”

Happy Hunting,

ChemistCarl

4 Likes

Thanks for raising it from the dead.

Had the same issue and this is precisely what fixed it.
Thanks for this.

DenoCFH