The T16 Sprinter Project (many builds + videos)

So uhhh… you’re signing me up for ~6 hours of speedrunning per class? 42 runs total?

Doing those 12 runs in a row was bad enough!

I think getting into some of the other classes, there’d be some sets that I wouldn’t beat 1 hour on. I’ve done it on every class at least once, but I mostly focus on wizard/DH/monk these days. I’d be pretty rusty on the rest.

Off the top of my head, Witch Doctor would just use chicken for everything but LoD and it should be pretty doable for their sets at least. Necro might not be too bad either, just run Steuart’s and a bunch of movement speed for everything, probably doable. Sader would just do Norvald’s or Swiftmount for everything, but may have trouble eking out enough movement speed on some sets depending on how much they are able to fit in. Of the classes that primarily movement-speed based, I think sader ends up a bit on the slower end. Barb might be tricky for a few sets. Top sprinter/speedrunner barbs use high CDR charge spam, and it should be quite doable with high movement speed Whirlwind as well. So that covers Wastes, Raekor, and IK (IK6/R4 I think would be the way to go). Not sure about how well the other sets would work out. You’d probably still go charge, but without Raekor’s 2p/4p I think it would make it tougher.

2 Likes

Yes, because Rage is clearly an evil genius who knows that now he’s implanted that mind-seed it’s going to eat away at you until you finally cave in and do it. :wink:

5 Likes

Haha, well, I was figuring just 6-7 piece class sets, no LoN/LoD.

See, that’s only 5 hours per class, 35 hours total. Much better than what you were figuring… easy peasy!

For MOTE, I think you could essentially just build for fast WW movement (carry the BK set) and kill enemies with EQ via shouts. For H90, you might be able to do the same, though you’d be losing a bunch of dps without Oathkeeper.

1 Like

Often not a huge deal for T16, especially builds with high single target DPS builds. A number of the builds I used I was only running 1/3 of the weapon multipliers.

I found if I could hit about 1T skill DPS in D3planner when I was playing around with the builds, that would end up being enough to get through the run without the boss kill speeds being a big detriment. 5T and you’re golden. T16 Malthael has ~12.5T HP on T16 and he has by far the highest HP of the bosses, the others are all a good chunk lower.

You’re not wrong!

Won’t happen this time though. Expecting a baby in the next week or so, I don’t see much game time for the next little while. Pretty sure my wife would murder me if I told her I was going to ignore her and the baby for 30+ hours to speedrun D3!

6 Likes

Congratulations on the baby! Which class will you teach the baby to play first?

2 Likes

Congrats, Tinne, that’s great news!

All children are Barbarians at heart!

4 Likes

Excuse me, couldn’t help noticing that you misspelled “wizard”. There if a reason “you’re a barbarian Harry” isn’t the catch line in kids books.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your impending minion / follower / protégé.
You’ll be doing 2-mans in no time.

1 Like

Haha, if you say so! Maurice Sendak sends his regards…

2 Likes

Wow, ProSlam with a fork.

2 Likes

Hey, how are you? How’s your wife? How’s “spawn of Tinne”?

I hope all is well!

2 Likes

Good! The “spawn of Tinne” was born early Saturday morning. Everyone is happy and healthy! But tired, sleep is a rare commodity.

I’ve been lurking the forums from my phone for a few minutes here and there when he’s asleep to check the pulse on PTR.

Thanks for checking in!

4 Likes

Congratulations! :baby: :partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations.
The first 18 levels are the hardest.

2 Likes

In addition to only Hardcore mode being an available option.

1 Like

yah, why don’t you try it without twinking. nobody thinks it’s an accomplishment when you are handed perfect gear and 2k paragon…

doubt you could even do it on normal mode tbqh.

Of course!

Glad things are going according to plan… as exhausting as that can sometimes be!

1 Like

There’s literally half a dozen examples in the thread of people indicating they’re impressed and/or they feel this is an accomplishment. That’s because it is.

You’re not just trolling on this one, you’re also fractally wrong.

1 Like

If you can’t hold and feed the baby with one hand and play the game with the other, you are not a true gamer. This was how most my D1 experience was and my daughter turned out alright (well sorta kinda :grinning:)

They usually start out as a follower, then quickly turn into a minion (you know, go in the wrong direction and don’t do anything you want).

2 Likes