The Summoning Druid - suggestion

What I think would be an awesome alteration to the Druid’s skill tree and probably also add for increased hybrid build options, is the possibility of having multiple summons at once; meaning Grizzly, Dire Wolf and Spirit Wolf don’t cancel out each other when summoned.

As far as I’m concerned, a pure summoning Druid was never really a viable build in D2:LoD due to these limitations, but the removal - or at least a reduction - of his summoning restrictions would be a complete game changer for that talent tree, with pumped synergyes from both Wolves and Bears at once laying waste to Sanctuary.

This has been done on the ‘Path of Diablo’ mod and the build is truely such a charm to play, and totally on par with the Summoning Necromancer, who was never restricted. On ‘PoD’ The Spirits and Vines don’t even unsummon each other either, so you can have Heart of the Oak, Heart of Wolverine, Spirit of Barbs, Poison Creeper, Carrion vine and Solar Creeper all summoned and roaming at once for a serious party synergy.

I hope you will consider such a change in the future development of the beloved Diablo II Resurrected.

Looking forward to start on thursday like a kid for Christmas!
/Adrian

1 Like

Not to mention that the Necro’s mages do elemental damage while the normal skeletons do physical. Yeah, the druid needs some balancing changes, but also in the elemental tree.

1 Like

Multiple summons from Druid sounds reasonable. Necro can have 20+ skeletons, so why not increase for Druid. However summons in Druid case synergies each other, it might have proven OP. With the best setup build for Druid now you can have about 20 different attacks in a short time - so imagine 8 players like that in a party, lol

If I am not mistaken long time ago, before certain patch update, you could have 10 ravens, but it was lowered to 5. If 8 druids play in multiplayer together, then 80 ravens before patch could cover a whole screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes