The secret to getting ethereals and primals

@FrankCachia, in my opinion games are only as complex as you allow them to be. If you learn the basics of what makes a good build in any game then if there is any flexibility in builds then you can make your own builds. But in D3 that just cannot happen due to how the game is designed.

You would have to play other games that are more complex like Path of Exile or Grim Dawn. But still at the heart of all games is the basics. As long as you learn the basics as far as what makes a good build and how all systems are used to customize the build then you will do fine. You might in time take some games and make your own build and do well.

What you say makes perfectly good senseā€”alas perhaps it is my ignorance or failure to understand that is holding me back. Yet at the same time I must confess that my inability to move forward to progress is causing me to lose interest and this is a game that is worthy to play --after all if you can progress so would I love to do. For me to finally find a better ā€˜greenā€™ item is so rewarding. I must contact Meteorbladeā€“like you he has been helping me.

Meteorblade Iā€™ve changed a number of gems using Blessed Hammer as a guide. I noticed that all items have been transmogrificated. Iā€™m having trouble however with the skills settings. Where it says Blessed hammer on number 1, Iā€™m unable to find it as mine stays Punish, Slash, Smithe and Justice.

Itā€™s not even amount efficiency imo. When a Grift takes more than at the most 5 min. The game stops being fun. Bullet spongey enemies are no harder than regular, thus adds nothing and its fun, at least not for me. Around 100 Grift is where the fun usually ends, after that itā€™s just a laggy mess, where it takes ages to kill elites and you have to skip majority of mobs.

Imagine making an RPG hack n slash where the best way to play, is to skip enemies? that still blows my mind.

To add to my last message, I do understand the basics I had at one stage trouble playing Wolfenstein now I simply love it. But can you understand how demolished I feel when I read that a player can do a rift in 3 minutes whilst even at the normal setting Iā€™m struggling taking up to 10 minutes or longer. How about a player saying he collects Forgotten Souls so easily where I have to collect each one after every rift. What is it, ignorance, doubting my ability. Even after arranging teh right gems and have a full set I havenā€™t seen any improvement

Hallowed defense is a seperate set, it has nothing to do whit other sets. If you look at the item description it will show the number of items and their names you need for the set. There are weapon sets, a weapon and off-hand item usualy, but it can be two weapons also. Jewel sets that can be two rings, or a ring and an amulet. Use emerald inna weapon if youā€™re not going for a thorns build. Gems is gear should be ones that gives your main stat, strenght for example, whitch is ruby. But if you feel youā€™re surviveability is not enough, put diamonds is your armor.

Indian-------My biggest problem is my failure(until yesterday) to collect a set. I have 6 uncompleted sets. Thanks to Meteorblade I have now understood and implemented the right gem for the right item. I have a long way to go yet and at times I become disheartening knowing how well some have improved compared to me. At times I feel as if Iā€™m not going anywhere

Well gentleman, clearly somethingā€™s wrong. Where I was able to play a GR at level 25 now Iā€™m unable to even last the distance at Level 19. As a matter of fact Iā€™m dying within practically seconds of starting. And my setting is at Normal. At one stage I was at Torment 14. Iā€™m at a complete loss. Iā€™d love to see how you canā€™t survive so well over a far higher ranking whilst Iā€™m going backwards. How does one spell demolished?

Youā€™re still not useing blessed hamer as your main skill, and i donā€™t see falling sword either. Youā€™re useing justice, thats not the same. Atleast waht is saw right now on your profile.

thereā€™s no way to compete with botters doing thisā€¦

People keep telling me to decrease my BSā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

This is not a thread about boter problems, and donā€™t try to make everything on the forum revolve around bots.

1 Like

ā€™m having trouble with the skills settings. Where it says Blessed hammer on number 1, Iā€™m unable to find it as mine stays Punish, Slash, Smithe and Justice.
Mate if you can access my profile please point me out o r[perhaps even adjust it. Iā€™m at a loss as I am receiving hints but unable to find how to change them.

There is definitely something wrong with my new set up. Setting the game at the lowest l level it took me 18 minutes to finish a GR at level 17. No matter what I did I could see the enemy health bar just not moving down at all. I was just wasting time. It comes down to the same problem I have been facing poorly equipted weapons. On 3 occasions I just hit the escape button. Iā€™m shutting down for the night

Frank,

When you open the skills, and you see punish, smite,etc, look to the side for a small arrow. That allows you to cycle through all the skills, allowing you to customize where you want them, or pick multiple skills from on group.

One thing, open your skills for the right mouse key, get rid of fist of heavens, and replace with Blessed Hammer. You will need to keep Punish or another from that group to generate wrath, which fuels the blessed hammer skill.

To freely assign skills to any button, you need to enable Elective Modeā€¦
Escape > Options > Gameplay > Interface > [ x ] Elective Mode
Once this is done, you can assign skills from any of the categories, to whichever button you like (there are a couple of restrictions on what can be assigned to left mouse button but you get the idea).

There definitely is. Youā€™re using the Seeker of the Light set, which massively boosts the damage of Blessed Hammer, and you donā€™t even have Blessed Hammer in your abilities. Hopefully, the tip above will let you set up your skills as per the guide I linked earlier.

1 Like

@RMJ, it all depends on what you want to do with D3. What are your goals in the game. Then you have to play the game in a way that will give you what you want. If you just play seasons to unlock the special cosmetics then do that and nothing else. If it is to unlock stash space because you havenā€™t done that yet due to being new or have been putting it off till now then do that.

For some it is pushing the highest GR possible for their chosen build. Sure that is not fun for you but still for others it is. So that means they have to learn a lot of things that will help them do just that.

Murzerker/Meteorblade Thanks guys, I owe you a beer. Wow the Blessed Hammer, what a difference. Thatā€™s great however thereā€™s a minor issue and Iā€™d love to know how to overcome it. Whilst using the left and right mouse button Iā€™m very rapidly running out of Wraith. This is disastrous when Iā€™m being swamped by the enemy.
Crafting gets a Forgotten Soul but it is such a slow progress. Somewhere I read that one can easily amass lots of Forgotten Souls which off course I want to use in Kanai Cube.
Back to the issue of the sword and shield, Iā€™d love to upgrade them, these are the last ones that need upgrading but as yet Iā€™ve been unable to do so.
I have Ramaladniā€™s Gift, how it is used?
Once again guys thank you very much for your advice/help

Youā€™re still missing Gabrielā€™s Vambraces

When your Blessed Hammer hits 3 or fewer enemies, 85% of its Wrath Cost is refunded. (Crusader Only) [75 - 100]%

If youā€™re hitting lots of enemies, youā€™ll be generating more wrath than the ability costs. These bracers ensure that when youā€™re fighting small numbers of enemies, or a single-target Guardian, you donā€™t run out of Wrath.

You still donā€™t have the proper abilities (as per the guide). For example, you do not have Provoke / Too Scared To Run on your bar.

Taunt all nearby enemies and instantly generate an additional 5 Wrath for every enemy taunted. Taunted enemies will focus their attention on you for 4 seconds.

Youā€™d normally cast this after landing from Falling Sword / Rapid Descent

Launch yourself into the heavens and come crashing down on your enemies, dealing 1700% weapon damage to everything within 14 yards of where you land.

This also procā€™s your Sacred Harness

Judgment gains the effect of the Debilitate rune and is cast at your landing location when casting Falling Sword.

Which means Judgement / Debilitate happens to the mobs you land amongstā€¦

Pass judgment on all enemies within 20 yards of the targeted location, Immobilizing them in place for 6 seconds.

You will needā€¦

1. A Ramaladniā€™s Gift in your Inventory
  2. A weapon without a socket in it, in your Inventory or equipped on your hero
  3. Your Stash to be closed

Procedureā€¦

1. Right-click the Ramaladniā€™s Gift. The mouse pointer will change from an arrow to a little Blacksmithā€™s hammer.
  2. Left-click on the weapon (that doesnā€™t already have a socket in it) to apply it to the weapon.
  3. You will be asked to confirm that you want to do this. Confirm it. A socket will be added to the weapon.

Provisosā€¦
If your weapon already has a socket in it, you can visit the Mystic and re-roll the socket to something else (e.g. a useful offensive affix) and then add the socket using the gift.

I went through a weird spree of Primal last night.

it started when I got Ice Climbers as Primal. And then, immediately, I got Hexing Pants. And then another set of them. And then Ice Climbers again. And then Depth Diggers. And then another set of Hexing Pants.

All from Kadala - I was really trying to get ancient Mountains of Justice but no luck (every season this is the hardest item for me to get) but wanted some better boots too.

I salvaged the Hexing Pants as I dislike them a great deal; kept both Ice Climbers (figure I can re-roll the main stat if I want to).

RNG was my chew toy last night. I doubt I will ever see such a streak again.

I didnā€™t see it mentioned but donā€™t forget you can give your follower a RoG ring and craft 2pcs each of +deaths breath and +grift rings to help with farming. Also all the follower pieces that boost your game play. necklace to make pylons last twice as long, bracers to have pylons summon champions, etc. Iā€™ve also heard itā€™s easier to gamble for legs to get set pieces and then reroll them into the missing pieces than it is to gamble for specific pieces.
Also if you feel stuck in game use the leader board to see what gear, skills people are using if you donā€™t want to search for builds. You can break each class down by the set they are wearing and also use the 1000 ranked person for entry level gear instead of the top person who has BiS and a ton of paragon.
Lastly you can make a yellow version of your followerā€™s class item and upgrade it to Leg