The real reason for open world in D4

Stop feeding :slight_smile:

Some folks are not here to be constructive or have discussions in good faith. Post history is a great indicator.

2 Likes

i guess he have for all taste :rofl: also dont forgot he also have the blizzard shill fan boy saying everything is perfect or you are a hater :sheep: :sheep: , this go on both way or both side of the coin

I don’t mind that at all, I wish they do well.

The thing is that if you go a step further is that if a company starts focusing on what creates revenue alone, and what creates revenue after the initial sales? The mtx. Could this lead to having a ratio >10 to 1 graphic designers/ developers. Then how far fetched is Bravatas thought.

Now I don’t like the doomsayers but ignoring such risks is naive.

Anyway time will tell, I hope all have a great time when the game is here.

All respect MissCheetah… but, is hard to have good faith when some greens are so condescending and arrogant.

1 Like

Yes, Blizzard has a long history with P2W in their games.
As well as cosmetic MTX.
And they have rightfully been criticized for both.

Blizzard doing P2W and MTX a lot should not be a reason to consider it acceptable.
D4 is not anywhere close to being the worst of Blizzards games in this regard, but presumably it is just the one people around here care more about.

1 Like

Just as a brief aside, often people confuse those kinds of things with us standing up against those very behaviors directed at us. Me, for example, I can and do have laid back, pleasant conversations on the forums. The start of this thread is an example of that. But I will return attitude, especially when my detractor is trying to put words in my mouth, change my narrative, or attempting to argue about everything besides what I’m truly talking about.

1 Like

i`m agree with most of you say

but i keep in mind 1- the game is still not release mean a lot of change will come
2- any game show they mtx before release it all come down the road sometime is fine sometime not or sometime the game bring less money and ptw mtx go in

so he dont really know right now ,

but something he all know is blizzard activision track record something you already mention ,

also i dont forgot Warcraft 3 Reforged release and how today these player are drop in the dust ,
agree with you i think d4 will be a good game but nothing revolutionary because the game have way to much re-use asset and feature from d3

personally i think d4 is not ready and need easy one more year before release

nice talking to you shadout

U dont have to interract with them. No need to talk or be social. Regular ppl have no issue with that.

Because its a none issue. Only hyper sensitive ppl have issues with that. And those kind of ppl will have other issues aswell anyway. Blizzard wont change it because a few ppl cant stand it. Just like they wont remove the color blue because some ppl hate that color.

And u whine on forum seeking more attention from ppl. If u find it too much then skip the forum or the other multiplayer games. However open world doesnt mean u forced to speak with anyone or be social.

If we are attacking the same enemies, we very much are interacting. Affecting each others gameplay.

2 Likes

Diablo has a history of failed launches with the new team. Diablo 3, Immortals and now Diablo 4. I refuse to play this game in year one. Not even sure they can save it this time.

• D3 was error 37 fiasco for days on the official launch day. NO bueno.
  • RoS was smooth
  • Diablo2 Resurrected was horrible very bad, dreadful. The database fell over dead, chars were lost, progress lost, items lost, the whole game crashed and was down for the majority of the day for weeks. Then if you could get in, it was 2 hour long queues that may DC you and put you back at the start of the queue again. It took months to change the database architecture to support a global game. Something that should have been done BEFORE release.
  • Immortal went pretty smoothly, if you like mobile games. Not saying people thought it was the best game ever, but the tech worked well.
  • D4 Closed End Game Beta was pretty stable, the first open Beta had a lot of login stress/queues Friday that were resolved by Sat morning. Went smoothly the rest of the weekend.

What will happen next weekend? We shall see. Open Beta should be a major stress test that will hopefully break all the things that are not already stressed enough. If all goes as planned, D4 launch should be only minor hiccups. I hope. I expect some queues, but hopefully that is it and short lived.

1 Like

Error codes, lost data and failed logins are temporary problems. Bad game design sticks with a game until it’s changed. Diablo 3 failed because of real money auction houses, they knew it and that’s why it was changed.

Immortals failed because of it’s aggressive microtransaction model and now it’s being adopted into Diablo 4. Blizzard seems content on designing their games around paid cosmetics and once again we’re stuck with a toxic release because of bad game design choices. I won’t play this game until the first year is over to see where it goes.

I was hoping this game would get delayed for a year so Microsoft had a chance to save it but it looks like Activision and Blizzard investors are getting their last cash in before the merger. I hate to call out for an entire studio to be fired but right now it seems justified for it’s predatory game design.

“If”. Well ez. Dont attack the same enemy. Brilliant i know.

Or

U could pull out the plug run around scream shout and cry.

Its rly a none issue and u just overreacting.

Cu in open beta~

1 Like

True. They can always go for the single-player game that is made for them but what I don’t understand is…why must they insist to play the game made by Blizzard?

They knew that Blizzard made an MMO-like game now, so instead of just walking away, they now antagonize Blizzard for not making single-player games. I mean, what’s wrong with other single-player games made by other game companies? Why must be Blizzard’s single-player game? Truly a mystery to me.

Diablo Immortal is somehow able to handle 10M+ players’ login on launch day. :laughing:

So please omit Immortal from your post.

They said they wont because of xxx reason. However the real question is why they in the closed beta? They alrdy decided they wont play but still there and still here complaining? In the end they all talk. They have to complain. Wouldnt be surprised if ppl like shadeout would follow ppl around complaining how he/she hit his monster. So much for not wanting to interact with other ppl. As if his 19k posts doesnt tell another story.

They cant, which they proven again and again.

Because some of the ppl here are too old for the internet. But they surely want to play diablo.

2 Likes

This is my big concern with D4 becoming more MMO like. I already play WoW. I flat out don’t have time to play a second MMO. I just want Diablo to be like, well Diablo! So if I want to jump in and kill demons for an hour solo or with a friend I can. I don’t want to be forced into season passes and paying for more content.

1 Like

That’s how I want it to be. I don’t want the ads in my face. I don’t want to see JoeBlow123’s cosmetics. I don’t want to see his sparkling butterfly earmuffs nor do I want to see JaneDoe456’s unicorn outfit. I don’t care about them.

I want these people to have their own social hub where they can show these things off to each other so that normal players don’t have to experience the lag and frame rate drops from them congregating and loitering around. And so normal players don’t have to sift through the game chat with spam about “tee hee hee, that is a cute outfit! a/s/l?” I want a toggle where I can disable seeing them.

They’re not just getting upset now. People have complained about it since they first existed. Complaints have gotten greater when the ads start getting shoved in your face every time you log in… sometimes more than once.

It wasn’t until the big cash shops that shove them in your face. You log in, BOOM! a big ad you have to click off of. It’s one thing to offer them and let you know but to have to shove it in your face every single time you log in…

Some companies offer “ad-free” subscriptions which is a catch-22. The company gets paid for advertising and customers have to pay the company as well so they’re not annoyed by them.

Don’t take the bait, friend. He posted a video about Amsoglod… that’s a dead giveaway.

Ah, you already beat me to it.

This is correct. For those reading, when you go to someone’s post history. People can and do change. I’ve seen my fair share of people who will pull up a post from over a year ago in order to try and discredit someone. Don’t do that… be smart.

1 Like

:laughing: :+1:

Clearly, he craved interaction with other people so badly there.

They could if there were any quality single player games being made. Even in games with moderately accessible single player modes with separate multiplayer modes there is content you cannot access solo for a variety of reasons.

They built a Diablo skinned version of Warhammer MMO sans the meaningless multiplayer PVP instances. Which were the best part of that game by the way. It is what it is. No point in complaining, or buying it, unless that’s what you want. If it’s your cup of tea enjoy!

It’s about the game not the forums, but you knew that and went with the snark anyway.

2 Likes

Diablo 4 is “multiplayer”, the person loves Diablo games. Unless they want to stick to the past, they don’t have the choice going forward. It’s the same as when people who loved WC3 talked about playing WoW alone. People questioned them “If you want to play alone, why play an MMO?” They replied “There are no more single player Warcraft games”.

4 Likes