The real reason for open world in D4

You’re going to have buy indie games if you want games that are designed for actual engagement and interesting gameplay rather than trying to string you along or sell you things constantly. Not that all indie games do that, because there are a lot of crappy ones, but there are some really good and honest indie studios out there who truly do it for passion.

1 Like

At least Indie games aren’t sold for AAA price. Good or Bad, engaging or predatory cash grab… they are fair priced and honest.

2 Likes

Crate comes to mind. Friendly reminder that Grim Dawn is on sale for 6 bucks again this week.

1 Like

where are the ,mTX’s in d2re ?

you sound like a blizzard shill .

he all know mTX’s are bad , for so many reason (the base game lacking of character customisation gear look generic for after the nice gear skin be sell in mTX’s ,also xp bost or other boost ect… , lootboxes ptw ect…

he also all know how mTX’s turn out 80% of the time , wow classic server use to be full and after release tbc mTX’s (character boost mtx paradise for bot ) in the game population just die and server end empty only bot play the game , is easy only to look one side of the coin , fact are blizzard have the worst and most greedy monetization , exemple wow you have to buy the game , expansion pack , also having a monthly subscription on the top mTX’s with ptw option with wow token

Hearthstone and diablo immortal what a joke of a game

Don’t pull quotes out of context, charley222. I said that from a certain point of view, all the remastered games are mTXs. They are largely paid cosmetics that are neither required nor give any advantages.

That said, how do you get shilling from me pointing out where mTXs are? I have to be covertly building/talking up someone or something to be a shill. Of which, I haven’t done. Or is that just your go to word when you don’t like what someone says?

Okay, just stop with that rhetoric. That’s nothing more than another go to-ism in attempt to artificially bolster a point. One’s own observation isn’t nearly enough to make any definitive conclusion about the DAU/MAU of the playerbase of any game. Often, those subjective observations are noting but confirmation bias.

2 Likes

Yes you see more pushback now than in the past because it’s been worse and worse over the years.

When it’s gotten to the point where there’s academic studies and professional research into how to psychologically manipulate people into better engagement and hopefully spending more, it’s complete :poop: and should be met with pushback. Are people playing the game or is the game playing the people? And for what? So some corporate scumbag or sleezy investor can afford a new vacation home? It’s not like the people actually making the game are making this income.

Take this for example. This is years old and probably only public because it was done at a public university. One can only imagine what’s happened since this study and in private.

https://web.cs.ucla.edu/~yzsun/papers/WWW17Chen_EOMM#:~:text=In%20this%20paper%2C%20we%20propose%20a%20new%20matchmaking,sum%20of%20edge%20weights%20on%20a%20complete%20graph

Can we go back to games just being made to be fun?

1 Like

Games are an industry that generates more incoming than music and movies together… hardly games will be back to be made just for fun.

Sadly not when they’re being controlled by executives of corporations who couldn’t care less about vidya gaems and only care about :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

This actually one of, if not THE, worst industry for making a product for product sake… At least film has directors in charge who want to bring their vision to life (Sometimes, other times you do get generic crap made to sell)

Maybe television is worse… I haven’t kept up with it since ditching my TV service years ago.

3 Likes

U know some ppl also enjoy sharing a open world with others. Maybe that is fun for some. Just like ppl enjoy playing multiplayer games and interact with other human beings. I know i know some ppl are afraid of other ppl and suffer from social anxiety. But thats rly not the majority of ppl as humans are considered social creatures.

Social forums attract ppl. It sells. U dont like it? Why u using the forum?

1 Like

I understand what you saying. Nobody is claiming the game has to be 100% for solo players. People just want the choice to it to have private sessions or offline mode.

People already daily work with other people, share traffic with other people… for some, play a game is a moment of solitude. Isn’t about not have multiplayer… is about have the choice to appreciate Diablo as a SSF/Private/Offline mode.

3 Likes

You’ve turned a thread that was originally about forcing “open world” as an avenue to push up-charges into social anxiety. What a terrible :clown_face: argument.

I never said take it away and force everyone to play SSF. They could just give people the choice to turn it off, if they wanted to. But that’ll never happen. Wonder why :thinking:

Man I really need to just make the jump and cut the cord. Only things keeping me plugged in is my provider discounts the internet because I have the TV package. And also some live sports that I care about. I don’t actually watch any TV shows or propaganda pretending to be news

2 Likes

Exactly this. I already have to interact with people all day at my job, take care of my family, and I do other social activities and even play some competitive pvp multiplayer games. Sometimes you just want to turn your brain off for a little bit and chill. D3 is perfect for that.

D4 you won’t get to do that because Peter the pay :pig: with every flashy annoying cosmetic is going to keep storming into my game, maybe killing everyone (except the treasure goblin on the other end of the map that’ll portal away) and mess up my vibe. Go away

3 Likes

i dont see anything out of context , i think is just you have no answer , btw i am able to say the same about you now , you just quotes me , your opinion and i am not agree

ic you have no answer and are not accurate anymore but generalize now , np let me answer you , he dont have and dont share your (certain point of view)

np let me quote

here he go what a joke knowing what happen to wow classic server wow token character boost ect… and also other game so yea this is pure shilling in my opinion , btw you have your answer :clown_face: Diablo Immortal :rofl:, generalize now :rofl:

i will say (fact) compare your shilling , my fact are very easy to back up so many topic and video on this issue , sry dude you have nothing to back up your stuff , only your shilling bias opinion , compare me i have 0 issue or probleme too link you all topic and video talking on Diablo Immortal and other game :roll_eyes: about the fact i just point out , ask me i link you everything in 2 min np the true stay the true that simple fact are fact

You literally cut out the qualifying portion of the sentence which left only the definitive statement. That’s quoting out of context.

Theres nothing wrong with quoting when done right.

I suspect there’s a language barrier issue here. What you quoted is not shilling. I only pointed out that the older games have had the same mTX methods as D4. In fact, as I already said, some have far more than D4.

It’s never wise to try to speak for everyone, charley222. It only demonstrates that you don’t think your position is strong enough to stand on its own. Instead, you need to artificially bolster it by trying to claim that everyone thinks as you do.

First, DI is NetEase’s product. They develop it. They partner with Blizzard to use Blizzard’s IP. Second, this whole time I’ve been referring to the older games, which you either missed or ignored. So no, that’s not the “gotcha moment” you think it is.

You just don’t like the answer.

2 Likes

excuse excuse excuse this is all you do , fact this game is sell today on blizzard web site .also other game have the same type of issue wow and other game , also is call blizzard activision mean a lot of mtx right there this are just fact , keep the excuse running and shilling

at least you have a answer now , but still make any sense to put all the blame of bad mtx all on NetEase’s , :rofl: :rofl: again excuse . NetEase’s have nothing to do with wow and other blizzard or activision game having these issue

#shilling have a nice day going to play game ,

Sorry, charley222, it’s not an excuse. Whether you like it or not, accept it or not, DI is Netease’s game.

You simply can’t use DI as any sort of rebuttal while talking about/criticizing D4. Just like how you can’t use any other sudios’ mTX games. None of them are Blizzard’s, and Blizzard and their own games has been all I’ve been talking about this entire time.

That said, I’m not going to go in circles with you. If you won’t listen or be realistic, no one would want to.

1 Like

keep ignoring all other blizzard activision game with mtx and only focusing with your excuse with NetEase’s 1 game , :clown_face: :clown_face: wow token

now what your next excuse to justified mtx ptw

go cry now to remove my post :clown_face: like i say before you have nothing to hold up your bias opinion vs me i do

1 Like

When has this ever not been true? The only thing that’s changed is they’ve gotten better at it.

You can buy them on Steam. They’re in the Games no one buys section. Because the truth is making the games people want to buy is expensive.

What?
I just said

… so either don’t listen, or you conveniently ignore what threatens your position.

And that’s still not a “gotcha”. Activision is just a publisher under the same parent company as Blizzard. As such, Activision games and Blizzard games are developed independently.

And with that, you have lost all credibility.

My point in this thread has never been about p2w, ever. It’s been solely about cosmetics.

Nor have I ever defended mTX. I haven’t said good or bad, right or wrong, approved or disapproved of the practice.

You either don’t listen, or you fabricate what you can to conveniently support your position.

this is not what i read here ,

you just try to normalize everything saying is fine , he all know is false ,and mtx cause a lot of issue in the pass game also some of the video i post some are old and new ,

\and here you justified mtx ptw for what ever reason is the pay model of the game

(Hearthstone and Heroes are 100% dependent on them)

stay in deny