The perfect Immortal King suggestion

IK could be turned into a unique “pet” build.

How this could be done is to focus the set around the Ancients, and how that would be done is to better design each ancients AI similar to the Shadow Clone AI. Cast more often and smarter.

While wearing 6p IK your Ancients would receive bonuses equivalent to them wearing 6p sets relevant to them.
Talic- Whirlwind and Rend wearing WotW
Korlic Frenzy and Furious Charge wearing Raekor and HotNS bonuses
Madawc Seismic Slam and Earthquake wearing Might of the Earth

Now your stats and character sheet would mostly transfer to them. Like your Strength, Crit, CHD, Attack speed, thorns, CDR, ect.

Now for the cool part. Items you wear that have ability multipliers will also transfer that multiplier to the Ancients.
E.G
Bracers of Destruction worn or cubed would give Madawc
Seismic Slam deals [400 - 500]% increased damage to the first 10 enemies it hits.
Same with Blade of the Tribes.
Lamentation would buff Talic’s WWRend.
The list goes on.

If each Ancient were coded to have their own set bonuses and then leech stats from our own character sheet, I think it’s doable and not too difficult to balance.

Would make for an extremely unique and interesting set.

I love the idea of IK having a pet build option. I think you could achieve the same goal without quite so much development effort though, if you just give the CotA skill an appropriate multiplier. My personal opinion is that IKBB’s CotA moves to orange text and becomes appropriately large, 600% or so.

I do like the idea that Ancients share your strengths, though. I think we might be past the point where radical set changes are on the table. I think the fundamentals of IK are solid, so I would leave it alone except for buffing the 6-piece.

1 Like

I’m struggling to convey how much “nope” I want to give this.

If you want to play a hero that stands back and controls powerful minions that’s why we have the Witch Doctor and Necromancer.

2 Likes

The title alone…“The perfect IK suggestion” xD
Most people know meanwhile but here is the official “Troll Warning” for this thread.

Allthough you could have come up with sth worse i guess. Making IK sth like a Non-Season-Shadowclone Build would fit halfway to the Set. Not your worst idea

1 Like

It does, however, mean this one isn’t perfect…

I don’t wanna play a beefcake barbro just to stand around letting pets get all covered in blood n bone while I make a latte.

Puny dudes can have pets, I wanna get blood on my hands.

3 Likes

Commanding 3 Ancient Barbarians to slaughter demon armies is something i can get behind. There are 5 other sets that are made for getting your hands bloody, and IK hasnt been relevant for a decade.

Barb meta is literally “a beefcake barbro just to stand around letting others get all covered in blood n bone while I make a latte.”

With 3 shadowclones designed to mimic the Ancients, this would be amazing.

No true Barbarian would choose latte over lager!

Rend / Bloodbath says hi!

I hope you enjoyed that deliberate philosophical logical fallacy.

1 Like

In my opinion, a pets IK build should be fine if :

• pets attack your target with your stats
  • pets work like Rabid Strike (Monk’s fist weapon) : duplicates your attacks that use fury when CoTA and WoTB are active

Yes. I’ve been wanting this. Only because those ancients in d2 are nuts powerful. The lore behind them is great.
But as I’ve seen from way back when. Ancients are bad for density but was great for the rift boss. Would need some work for that.