The "pair of wings for Diablo III players" gave me a tiny hype for BlizzCon

Its clearly the Diablo Immortal wings. Give up and move on.

3 Likes

I have a bunch of wings that I never use, you can have them all. :angel:

4 Likes

I have a few too, but only use the Cosmic Wings anyway. Don’t really care that much about wings, just saying that I would rather see wings or any other cosmetics obtainable in game than by buying tickets or other games. I even bought Overwatch for the Mercy wings, but stopped playing the game after 2 weeks after the purchase…

Some players were also disappointed that we got no wings for completing season 18 journey… So for some people little things like wings or other cosmetics matter…

1 Like

At this point I’m pretty much winged out and I don’t have the cosmic wings either.

They’d need to create a new, cool wing model in line with Diablo lore (Duriel pincers?) or have an amazing effect (maybe flaming effect) to get me excited again.

Still, I’ve never bought a Blizzcon virtual ticket and likely never will.

2 Likes

I do agree that they should have at least repeated the galactic wings this season. I’d be happy if the galactic wings were on an annual rotation and they change it every 4 seasons.

I don’t think they would celebrate DI with wings.

Wings have a symbolic meaning:
Wings are the symbol of lightness, spirituality, the possibility of flying and rising up to heaven.

We SHALL raise to HEAVEN in D4. That is the hidden meaning behind the wings.

D4 is coming and it will be set in Heaven.

Yeah, I would bet on the “4 arms wings” (the one like Shiva’s arms). Because 4 arms = Diablo 4 confirmed (lol).

2 Likes

Could be. We shall see.

1 Like

@MissCheetah,

Just out of curiosity, why do you think the wings are tied to a Blizzcon announcement? I get the logic in terms of not revealing them until they announce the…announcement (assuming they are in fact connected)…but I actually have a much more pessimistic perspective - namely, Diablo is not a priority, the wings simply aren’t ready now and won’t be ready until the end of December.

I couldn’t help but notice that they mentioned every other franchise, including Hearthstone (which also has a Dec 31, 2019 date for its “extra”), with an individual blurb, but somehow decided to basically throw in a tiny mention of Diablo III at the almost last possible instant. What possible logic is there to that? Also, I’m forced to take Blizzard’s blatant incompetence regarding their recent treatment of Diablo at Blizzcon into account here - until proven otherwise, the safer bet to me is they just don’t care. Remember, we’ve seen Diablo take a huge backseat at past Blizzcons - remember the time when the event map had the Diablo activity practically in the bathrooms? Or when they announced there was nothing happening for Diablo, practically a first for any franchise at Blizzcon? Or last year’s [insert not nice word for…whatever it was]?

Happily prepared to be wrong, but I’m just not sure why you feel strongly that it’s tied to an announcement - hoping you can convince me otherwise…

4 Likes

I tried very clearly to say an announcement, not necessarily a Diablo related announcement. We will just have to see. I am opting to just remain hopeful, but calm and prepared for it to be not related to Diablo. Even art assets, take months to do. There is no way in the world they would leave anything Blizzcon related until the last minute. No way. The only reason not to share right now, is because it would provide a clue to whatever one of the announcements is.

That was actually when they had the Tavern/Inn thing and did the Lightning talks there. It was cool. Nearly everything is by the bathrooms there given there are many. The only reason to have a BIG area on the floor dedicated to one game is if there are demo stations, or it is an esports stage. D3 has no esports hence no reason to have a big dedicated area. All the panels for D3 are up on the shared stages, like for the other games.

I agree. These things are ready way before today’s announcement. They’ve simply chosen to keep them a secret.

3 Likes

I get that, and maybe I’m just not fully understanding how this works…but they announced the wings won’t be ready until on or before 12/31/2019, which means they still have almost two additional months to get those art assets done if need be. Also, they already announced the wings will be available - just not how. There’s no reason to have to rely on an announcement of any kind - they could simply be waiting until the next patch or something much smaller in scope to indicate how to get them.

Also, I agree that even if it is tied to an announcement, it might not be a Diablo announcement. I readily admit that what bothers me (more then it probably should) is that, even assuming you’re 1000% right and its tied to an announcement, why do they basically mention Diablo as a throwaway franchise here?

I’ll concede that one - you make an excellent point!

You bring up a good point, that game items tend to be added during a patch cycle, not just randomly.

Some are in game now, some will be added in a future patch, and some will be added in a patch after the announcements.

I see December 31, 2019 as a “worst case” date (the last of the year) so they can’t get dinged if a patch is delayed a week or something happens. It prevents some :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Agree 100%!

In thinking about this more, I guess it really does bother me that they barely mention Diablo at all. You know that announcement/post was reviewed, revised, and reviewed again by multiple people. Is it really possible that in drafting and reviewing this announcement, literally no one at Blizzard thought, “Diablo isn’t really mentioned” and didn’t think to bring it up internally? Or be concerned? Or, you know, do something about it?

If they wanted to keep whatever a secret, they could have literally had Diablo III appear just like every other game on there and then said exactly what they said here and it would have still kept any secret thing they have going on a secret.

Instead, despite everything that has happened, they once again manage to make it seem as if they do not care about the Diablo franchise. “Hey everyone, for every other game, you get all this cool stuff… oh hey Diablo III people get wings we don’t even have until later let’s move on goodbye.”

I know this is just the fanboy in me talking and that all I want is something Diablo-related that I can actually be excited about, and that this is such a small thing…but if Blizzard can’t even pretend that they care about some of these easy, softball-type things, I can’t have all that much faith that they are able to handle the larger, more important stuff.

But then the barb from the art could be related to D3 and they don’t want that obviously.

There are a couple ways to view the Vticket rewards/references.

1. They don’t care about Diablo the franchise at all. Meh, some wings later when we get around to it.

2. Diablo rewards are related to something that will be announced there and will be included in a later patch.

3. Not using “Diablo 3” as a header means something besides Diablo 3 maybe? D2 remastered? A new Diablo game?

I am sure people will have fun speculating and trying to find hints and clues, to prove whatever version they want to believe.

For now, I am just going to go with a fairly neutral stance.

Also Enjoy those RIBS! :fork_and_knife::meat_on_bone::wine_glass:

2 Likes

Our forum icon changed btw. To compare it with the old just view the cache in google.

1 Like

We really do not need Nev to start the hype train, the forum members do that on their own. :kiss:

Remember all the Druid hype over the Fiacla-Géar wings: “Don’t let a druid see you wearing these wings, as they may think you killed one of their brethren.” It turned out to be nothing.

2 Likes

Assuming everyone read the D3 updates since the last Blizzcon, they realised that they might have neglected the PC and MAC users. Nevalistus made it clear that they were including them more in different ways. This seems like they are following through. As for the object included, I look at it like that saying ‘10% of something is always better than 100% of nothing.’

1 Like

You’re right. Saw it earlier.