The No Lobbies, PC Controller, and Loot System Experience

Honestly, At this point I am not sure if these people actually know the definition of “remaster” as opposed to “remake” .
I keep hearing all these people that claim to be long time D2 players that want all these changes ,I just find it a little hard to believe them at this point. You do not play a game for 10+ years as claimed by some and then want massive changes to the core fundamentals that made the game great to begin with .

7 Likes

Awww you din’t get a trophy? Sadge

2 Likes

Well educated group of friends??? wtf does education got to do with Diablo 2 looting holy crap… You guys really take this to a new level. We need degrees to play Diablo 2 soon?

1 Like

So very true Adda i love that rush too! =)

3 Likes

If you come across plooters, remaster means whatever they want it to mean.

3 Likes

Yes it is truly sad that people have disabilities no doubt about that. But we can’t change the entire world to fit 0,000001% and we should not destroy the classic feel of a classic either. Hopefully they already have a console since you already pointed out that it is hard for them on a PC… so i think mostly that is the case.

3 Likes

Well written Sir. You are 120% right.

what is your problem with understanding what is asked for?
how would this restrict trading? how would this make more drops on the ground? lol

4 Likes

The biggest part of the playerbase is gonna be casuals? Lmao where did you pull that from?

Sounds like people haven’t researched D2, and realized that unlike D3, it’s community driven instead of getting personal loot and no interaction. My suggestion, go play the latter.

2 Likes

The thing that kind baffles me is that some of these D2 vets still think they are the majority of the upcoming player base and auto assume that their opinions are somehow above others. We did not ask to remove FFA from the game, we are asking for an additional personalized loot option for new/casual/disabled players that like to enjoy MP without breaking our mouse or losing out to toxic 3rd party application. Many of us have families and no friends to play together with so we have to resort to public games. You want FFA? Create a FFA game, why you have to spoil the fun for a lot of other players that enjoy personalized loot? And VV can always balance the loot drop to make sure that the overall loot market stay relatively the same. If you cant come up with any actual constructive opinions instead of “adapt or play other game” then I cant even call you “adults”, especially when you are going around and call us whiny babies lol. Seems very mature of you to do that dont you think? Oh the irony.

7 Likes

I agree with you.
But if we look at D3, Blizzard clearly made everything to satisfy the most die hard fans with the parangons systems.
You need to play in a clan at a high level of GR so you get a lot of Parangon.
The last season we did, a friend of us did that, and we did not. We played a bit less than him…because we are employed and he was not.
By the time we reached parangon 1000, he was over 2000. It means he had 15,000strength while we had 10,000.
D3 today is made for no life who plays intensively with other players like them, because of the parangon system.
So, I’m not sure Blizzard is able to listen to everyone.

1 Like

I totally can relate to you man, I played D3 for thousands of hours on end with 95% solo and I absolutely hate how the paragon system works in D3 as well. D3 end game system is clear flawed that is why I have never suggested that system to D2R, I like how we have an end point in D2R. What I think would be nice tho is a new end game activity that is randomized so that we dont have to run the same map over and over again. For D3, I have stopped caring about the LB so much and when I do, I only compare to other players with similar Paragon level because why compare to players that bot or nolife group with double or triple your mainstats right?

1 Like

I see we have the same experience :slight_smile:

I fear btw that with D2, we might get bored of baalruns and so on.
D3 was not better than D2 in my opinion…but it brought some very nice ideas.
Parangon and infinite level is definitely not of them.
But the rifts (and GR)…that’s just brilliant! All the games of this kind have implented a sort of GR (e.g. PoE with the maps, Grim Dawn with the SR).

That’s why, If I would hate to see some of D3 stuff in D2, like the parangon, I’m not totally against some changes.

1 Like

Totally can get behind your sentiment, it would be very nice to have a randomized dugeon mode in D2R, just keep paragon out of the equation and boom we actually have a great end game system to play along side with campaign maps for target farming. And who knows, maybe with this new randomized dungeon, we can have a new leaderboard system for it too. I dont see how adding more healthy end game content to D2R can hurt the game, pretty sure even the vets can appreciate more new contents to play their favorite game with too.

So go play D3 - D2 loot is often frustrating but exciting as hell and the dopemine hit you get when you hear the sound to signify you just picked something up after clicking on the unique item sitting on the floor…

4 Likes

We did not ask to remove FFA from the game, we are asking for an additional personalized loot option for new/casual/disabled players that like to enjoy MP without breaking our mouse or losing out to toxic 3rd party application. Many of us have families and no friends to play together with so we have to resort to public games. You want FFA? Create a FFA game, why you have to spoil the fun for a lot of other players that enjoy personalized loot? And VV can always balance the loot drop to make sure that the overall loot market stay relatively the same. If you cant come up with any actual constructive opinions instead of “adapt or play other game” then I cant even call you “adults”, especially when you are going around and call us whiny babies lol. Seems very mature of you to do that dont you think? Oh the irony.

3 Likes

But the things you’re asking fr are the things which driove me away from D3 (amongst other things) - PLoot - Paragoning etc.

My “so go play D3” wasn’t even meant as rude, it just sounds like you’d rather be playing D3, why not do that instead of trying to make D2 more like D3?

2 Likes

I dont see how my or OP’s suggestion of an additional option for personalized loot “like D3”. In D3, because there is no trading therefore finding loot is mandatory to be easier than D2 and I agree nothing from D3 should be ported to D2R. My suggestion if you read carefully is essentially the same as FFA just without the viciously fighting over loot aspect for folks that dont enjoy doing that. Still the same amount of loot as FFA, FFA still exists for players that prefer it and the rush of you winning the RNG for the best loot in the pool still exists for players that choose to play PL loot games. My suggestion would only be related to D3 if I suggest the loot pool to increase 8 folds. A lot of people actually enjoy a clean corporation to kill monsters instead of everyone stop attacking and turn on pickit script you know.

This way, people that enjoy PL loot can just focus on the combat and strategy to bring down monster fast while leaving the loot to RNG to distribute that same loot pool, I might get nothing this run and my friend might be lucky to get a SoJ, its cool I can continue to hope in the next game or I can switch to FFA to try my luck with clicking the old school way.

See the difference between having that option and not having it man?

Paragon is bad. I agree. But the personal loot wasn’t the issue in D3, it was the rarities of the game. There was no equivalent Gfather in d3 and all you needed to do was socket/enchant the next best unique to get the best DPS. D3 is more focused on the greater rift achievements through buffs/rng/charms.

Also trading was entirely killed off in D3 which means no economy really. You need extremely rare items + trading to get that d2 addictive effect. Current D2 is a mix of D3+ old d2 because the rarest legendaries aren’t as good as they were before the rune buffs/crafts.

So overall, trading makes the game and personal loot still allows a great trading system. And I’m an old school player (pre 1.10) saying this.

1 Like

remove shared stash then. you are supposed to risk losing loot when transfering gear to an alt in a public game.

this also forces players to really consider what items they should keep/mule.

with shared a shared stash there is no risk or thought at all. it ruins the economy big time. pls remove it.

this change is HUGE and breaks the spirit of the game. if people want shared stash, play d3 instead.