The Next Hit Always Misses(NHAM) bug needs to get fixed

NHAM hurts bowazons just as much and barely affects the other ranged classes at all. I guess you could argue it being a thing in pvp but that’s about it. WSG being fixed already massively benefits the ranged classes anyway.

I didn’t see anyone asking for ebugging or str bugging to be fixed, and WSG is highly debated both ways. It should have just been left in.

The bugs that got fixed did not completely break entire skills.

4 Likes

lmao. this must be the same logic for keeping spawning Dclone with 120 SOJs. They are like “hey guys, duping is a part of the original experience, we didn’t want to change that”. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Yeah and that’s not a good excuse. We’re paying $40 for a remaster, and they’re claiming that a highly detrimental antifun bug is a part of the original experience. This bug basically prevents several character builds from being viable.

The only hate they got was for fixing WSG because all the pvp people freaked out, and nobody even asked them to fix that one. They need to fix bugs that actively hurt the play experience.
-NHAM
-Baal Wave 2 exp bug
-Assassin traps despawning elite packs bug
-etc

Nobody wanted Ebugging or WSG fixed to begin with. For $40 it’s perfectly reasonable to expect fixes to these bugs in a remaster.

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong and they already commented on it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they accidentally fix these bugs while working on other things. In the first online Beta, enemy Holy Freeze Aura was not freezing anyone. If they missed that they could have missed WSG being fixed. All it would take is for someone to see a piece of code being wrong, fixing it and for it to trigger a change somewhere else too.

If this was a thing PvP players were attached to Geezer would have brought it up. He posted it should be fixed.

The Devs just got lazy and decided they wouldn’t get to this one or it was too hard for them to deal with. This is a build breaking bug that needs to get fixed while WSG was a thing PvP needed to deal with a mechanic that needs to be re-looked at.

2 Likes

It’s funny that people get so attached to such dumb bugs lol. Ask them to fix the issues that make the bugs needed in the first place. Missing attacks just because of bad code shouldn’t balance pvp. That’s so dumb.

You have people lagging across the screen mashing W to weapon swap and missing their attacks because they dodged something. At what point is it just ridiculous?

Ok I’m hearing that the trapsin bug is fixed, that gives me some hope for the rest of these.

Where did you hear that from? Can you link me?

Nvmd just saw it on twitter. Woohoo

Considering everyone is in the “fix it” camp for NHAM, that would make zero sense from the perspective of anyone professionnal

1 Like

I wouldn’t doubt it, when you see all the Tweets that Rod gets by “traditionalist” who respond to every change suggestion with, “Rod better not mess this up and change the game, be true to your word of being a remaster”. I can see why they are reluctant to fix original game bugs like NHAM. Rod already responded to a tweet from a player asking for this bug to be fixed and he said they wouldn’t because it was part of the original game experience. A great answer to prevent these “traditionalist” from then retweeting Rod stating, “they were going to refund” or “Rod just messed up their child!” due to not keeping his word that it’s a remaster.

As a fix for the Trapsin bug was just announced, I think chances are very good we will see a fix for NHAM as well in one of the future patches. Keep up the good work of bringing this up in never ending boring repetition! :wink:

4 Likes

Hopefully everyone throwing their support behind getting this bug fixed gets us a fix! This would be so nice for melee chars especially.

2 Likes

More people need to be Tweeting to Rod asking for changes that would improve the game. Right now it’s 99% of the no-changes crowd that are replying to Rod and the majority that he is responding to. He is in charge of Diablo for Blizzard. After a month crusade, I finally got a response from him.

https://twitter.com/Portal_Ingress/status/1438626059553968128?s=20

1 Like

The reason some bugs and quality of life changes are not going to be implemented on launch is because Activision deliberately holds on to improvements so the can be packaged later as content.

People who play WoW say that when an expansion is in Beta people play the game and suggest Quality of Life changes that would make the game better. Then, when the game is released Activision releases it without any of the suggested changes and then delete the archives for the forums. Later, the release the exact changes players wanted and everyone is happy. According to people who have played WoW for many years this has happened multiple times. Also supporting this theory is that after the lawsuits against Activision, the company is now breaking that cycle by giving them all the updates and QoL features the players had been asking for ahead of schedule.

So, how does is this applicable to Diablo 2?
Players can expect to see highly requested changes eventually, such as Stackable Gems, Charm Inventory, and Next Hit Always Misses After Hit Recovery bug. But they will not be immediat. The game will be in its original, clunky state for a few months and possibly years before the developers start drip feeding these highly requested features.

1 Like

New info from pezradar about the NHAM bug and its “fix”:

perhaps I’m blind but I don’t see where he addressed NHAM?

oh ya…obligatory bump till it’s fixed!

1 Like

Basically, the ‘fix’ mentioned is that client and server will sync up better.

Apparently what was happening is the attack animation was interrupted on the server, but the client continued showing the attack animation continuing - hence the “miss”, when in reality the attack never happened at all.

Now, we’ll see what the server sees.

Server is still in 56k when we are 5G fibers, I guess nostalgia want to be back at 56k lmao.

Call me crazy or accuse me of having a bad memory (because both are possible), but I’m almost positive that the NHAM bug also happens offline in single player as well. So, I don’t see how it could be a sync issue.

1 Like

Single player also uses a client/server model.