The new new set will be a beast

It depends.

Currently I perma strafe with generator weaving stutter step. With weaving, you add another 2 arrows per second on top of what strafe is shooting. That is still better than standing still and shooting.

The only time standing and shooting is stronger “on paper” is if you’re running echoing fury in cube.

Oh, I see :slight_smile: . I had read a post about how to calculate RF & Strafe tick rate years ago, quit complicate to me. But for those players who know how to calc, it is a fun part of D3.

1 Like

Yes. You are right on this. However I still can prove that 4pc strafe trigger primary more than 3/s.
This is how I prove it:
Hatred = Hatred Net lost per second * time to sustain.
Hatretd Net lost = Strafe cost - Hatred generation - triggered primary per second *4
strafe cost = strafe actual speed *12

If I leave my hatred reduction = 0 and my attack speed between 2 and 2.14 (that leaves 1 strafe last 28 fractions), and assuming there is only 3 primary triggered per second.

Here are the parameters:

• Total Hatred = 125

• Strafe hatred Cost : (60/28)*12 = 25.7/s

• Basic Hatred Generation : 4/s

• Total Hatred Generation : 4+3*4=16/s

• Hatred Net Lost : 25.7-16=9.7/s

• Seconds to sustain the hatred :125/9.7=13S

But the fact is when I did the experiment, my hatred sustained all the way through the 20S momentum. And that proves the 4pc triggered primary shot
hit more than 3 times per second!

Feel free to replicate my experiment. I have give you all the parameters.

I wasn’t the one questioning you :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for all of the info. I may try to replicate this on my stream right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

So here’s what Iria and I found out on the stream.

You are correct in that it is more than 3 primaries being shot per second, but there are a lot of inconsistencies. When you’re moving or your target is moving, the primaries are sporatic.

When we did the test standing still strafing in a corner, we got 4 primaries per second. We then somehow was able to get 5 primaries per second, and then back to 4, without changing anything.

Left game, moved around a bunch of equipment, and same results. It appears to be a bug, where sometimes you’ll shoot 4 per second, and sometimes 5. We could not find the trigger that changes the amount of attacks per second.

Iria is updating this bug/interaction in his thread. I’m going to clip this later after my stream so people can visually see whats going on.

Does strafe fire the last used primary? Or both primaries on your bar?

My rotation in my 122 clear was ES, HA, Strafe 3 sec, ES, HA, Strafe 3 sec repeat.

Any tips to rotation?

I came to same conclusion. But then you miss on Zei stone buff.

I like the fact new set is for everyone but it also separates top tear players from the rest.

Switching between Entangling shot and Hungering Arrow, while trying to keep Squirts buff up and Zei also is by no means easy.

So far I was focusing mainly on solo speed runs because that is probably going to be the way I burn my keys and get gear to push with later on.

2 Likes

It fires last one. That means you have to switch between them and know when to switch + execute it correctly.

Can you try to test with bow, keep your on board attack speed between 1.5-1.66. You may end up 6 shots pretty constantly.

I was right, you can “spin-to-win” with the new and improved GoD.

Cleared a 124 with it, good for Rank 75.

It’s not a top performer. There are other more powerful ways to play but to “spin-to-win”…

I put Thunderfury in the cube for the slow to proc Cull the Weak and BotT. Use Taeguk, Simplicity’s Strength, BotT.

Hold down Strafe and tap HA every second or so to keep Momentum at 20 and you’re good to go.

Turns out it’s pretty fun too. I take back everything I said about “not needing another “spin-to-win” build” but hey a guy can change his mind. lol

2 Likes

This is like the opposite of spin to win, tbh.

1 Like

What’s the difference between tapping Ground Stomp when it comes off cooldown and tapping Hungering Arrow every second or so and never stop strafing?

Oh yeah, there isn’t one. Maybe you should try it before you talk about what “spin-to-win” is. Or maybe you don’t think Whirlwind is spin-to-win either.

1 Like

Man, I’m getting real frickin’ tired of folks acting like I don’t know what I’m talking about like I haven’t been doing the exact thing I say am.

Look, I get that there are some better players than me and I’m pretty damn good and when I say something it’s because I’ve experienced it in game.

Now there are guys that are more experienced than I am, but I really wish folks wouldn’t act like I’m some kind of noob when it comes to this game.

Sheesh!

@Idolis you cleared 2 tiers higher than me. Respect.

1 Like

Thanks, TrvAix. Much appreciated.

First: all you guys are doing a great job with the feedback and testing on the set, both here in the DH section and over in Iria’s PTR thread. Congrats, and keep up the good work!

As to the uneven number of primaries fired via Strafe, I do have one thought, which is that it is possibly related to an in-game timer disconnected from your own actions.

A little while back I discovered that while the Rend skill ticks damage every 0.2 seconds, the “starting point” on that timer is not when you apply Rend, but a hidden, continuously running timer. As a result, you end up seeing different numbers of damage ticks from Rend on different casts of the skill.

With Rend, the damage is both inherently constant, and held constant despite the number of ticks (i.e. a cast with fewer ticks has larger ticks, so the total damage is the same.)

There may be something similar at work here, though it would be hard to test for since Strafe and Primaries roll damage randomly rather than returning a constant number.

Just a thought.

2 Likes

Love the changes to the set; it’s fun to play now!

The damage still seems to be a little low.

I am mostly a solo player and I spend most of the season farming gear and XP and leveling gems so the most important aspect of the game, for me, is the highest level of GR that I can farm at 2-2.5 minutes per rift. With the new build (at 2500 paragon and 120 augments) I am able to speed farm around GR95-97 with the GoD set and with the WWRend (same paragon and augments) I do GR100-102 in 2-2.5 minutes (both non-season).

From another perspective: WWRend one-shots all trash at GR100 and most trash at GR105 and GoD is not one-shotting a lot of trash even at GR95.

From another perspective: WWRend kills the RG in about 10 seconds at GR100 and GoD takes longer at GR95.

From these perspectives I would love to see about 5-7GR levels in damage added.

No, it is, you just have to move your skills around. On my speed setup I put HA on the keyboard, with the rest of my cooldowns. That way it plays exactly like the oldschool super-speed WW barb. Hold strafe and roll 1-4 keys every 3-4 seconds.

ok this is making more sense

I open the thread before the actual patch get deployed, so that calculation has a lot of assumption. I updated that calculation to avoid miss leading.