The new new set will be a beast

Agreed. I tried out the patched set and I can tell that it still needs more toughness and damage. Also, it needs a way to generate hatred while strafing as hatred tends to decline rather quickly when strafing.

Basically like that. But it depend on the speed break down for different skills, and the way you inter weaving the 2 skills. So it’s around 3.

I like the way they changed the mechanics.

It’s still not “spin to win”, as we loose Momentum after a while (and therefore speed and damage), but we can spin through T16, as the main part of our damage is still active when Momentum is down.

I like that.

Don’t know whether the damage buff is sufficient (probably NOT), but it’s definitely a step into the right direction!

2 Likes

Nats = Break strafe with generator
Gears = Break generators with strafe

2pc is still the same amount of stacks, just lasts double duration.
HA piercing with 4pc bugfix makes bolas obsolete.
Dawn MH will most likely be bis due to attack speed and no bow buffing HA damage.

Perma-strafe loses double damage multiplier (2pc) and procs less generators per second than manual casting so probably 3-4x less damage than intended playstyle. Will struggle with T16 unless manually casting generators.

People wanted a strafe build that wasn’t clunky, instead they gave us a generator build that uses strafe instead of tumble or smokescreen to reposition.

Still has damage issues, still has toughness issues, still has poor AoE with HA which will be required for high GRs, still suboptimal to use 2 generators because you can’t fit all the legendary power multipliers for every item into the build.

It’s a mess, but at least you can spin2win in solo t16 with 8k botted paragon non season.

1 Like

Tip: map your generator to a key instead of mousebutton. Makes it much easier on the hands to play. Everyone probably already knew that, but it’s a game changer for me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s definitely not spin to win unless you can perma strafe, which is not easy to do. There are incentives for stopping to cast a primary especially in pushing. You can stop, cast entangling shot, strafe to entangle everything, then blow them up with Hungering Arrow, although Bolas are much more fun.

There are a couple of issues, which have already been posted in the bug forums. The primaries that are casted by Strafe don’t proc the generator part of Bastions of Will, nor do they proc Wraps of Clarity.

This will be the fastest speed farming build in the game. It will even eclipse a Bell Monk for farming, though the Sunwuko Bell Monk will still be the best key farmer with the ability to swap out for Cains at the RG. For bounties, nothing will be faster. I just ran it for about an hour and it was super fast. Clearing t16 rifts in 2-5 minutes depending on density (some maps in rifts are severely lacking density). Speed 95’s with 1500 paragon and no augments was nice. Even with a speed farming setup, it hits like a truck and is pretty tanky.

I’ll be the first to admit, I wasn’t a fan of the idea of the set and less of a fan in the first PTR, but now I’ll eat my words with some fava beans and a nice chianti. *fffFFFffFFFFFffFFFFFFFFFFFF

1 Like

You can perma strafe with Vengeance seeth, but have to play more cautiously.

I just tried the “new” set and it really hits like a truck. All gear straight from the vendor,no rerolls, no gems in armor or legendary gems and with the passives for the Impale build, entangling and HA, T16… super fun and fast. It feels like a new set in comparison with the “first” one.
Now this is something I can work with :slight_smile:

I’m glad they improved GoD, but i still don’t see any changes to make DH equally strong with other classes… that concerns me a lot

1 Like

Check the PTR leader board. Now DH is better than wizard, barb and monk. Considering the new set just came out yesterday, the best build may not be found yet. I see this new set a Tier A+ (if not S) solo pushing build among all class.

Comparisons with other classes that got no changes in the PTR are meaningless since the best players of those classes would have little motivation to play them in the PTR.

1 Like

Can you explain the math for the 4pc bonus?

When I read the 4pc description I do not see any multipliers… I assume this has something to do with attack speed of strafe vs hungering arrow and fps/aps and breakpoints? Does strafe attack 3 times faster than HA? Does this calculation take into account that other testers have found that the primary cast by strafe seems to be capped at 10 fps even when strafe is getting 5 fps? (50% slower than strafe)

Also, this calculation, lasts for 1 second, and then it goes down…

That’s a good point. Guess we have to have until the new patch goes live

That 4 PC is a pretty complicated calculation. 3 is my estimation.
Assuming your
attack speed (APS) = 2
After gearing Hunter’s Wrath APS = 2.6
Assuming strafe shoot 4 shots every time, then your strafe APS is 8
8/2.6=3

However
That strafe may not scale with attack speed and it may not shoot 4 shots all the time, and you will have to manually shoot the primary skill every once in a while. So in the end, it’s just a estimation.

Those 4 shots are the basic Strafe attacks, not the primaries. Furthermore, Strafe itself does have breakpoints and is affected by attack speed. The primaries fired by the GoD 4 set bonus however seem to be fixed at 3 primaries per second regardless of attack speed.

How did you test that 4pc’s primaries only shoot 3 times per second? I tend to believe there may be an ICD in this trigger mechanics, especially on Bola. But it definitely shoot HA more than 3 times per second.

It’s hard to test but you can record some video while strafing and count the Bolas that shoot. Hungering arrow is harder to see because the projectile is smaller, looks similar to some Strafe shots, and may be piercing back close to the DH to make it seem like a new projectile.

In this video, Wudijo found bola is shooting slow than expected. Consider bola has that pulling effect, I am no surprise if they set an ICD on that skills.
I think the easiest way to test the 4PC strafe is test it against a single target. If it only shoot 3 times per second, it’s almost the same attack frequency as manually casting them. Meaning for single target, if the attack speed (with Hunger Wrath) hit 3, there is no benefit of strafing.

Do you have an updated video (that one is from previous PTR)? Also, looking at the video in slow motion (0.25x speed) and counting bolas it looks like 3 per second while strafing to me.

I never be good at eye balling this. But It seems it is faster than 3/s for me in that video. Plus he mentioned specifically that Bola is the skill slower than it should be, so it may not apply to HA.

BTW, I don’t have other videos, but I do read from other community that there is a ICD in this 4pc mechanics on bola (not sure if it apply to other skills), which is 9f.
If wudijo’s strafe speed fall right under 36f, he will only proc the primary skill on every 16f, so that may coincidentally make it only 3 shot per second. However, that’s not something I would rely on either, so I don’t want to quote it.