The new Captain Crimson's set CDR based damage increase is not working!

I thoroughly tested the new Crimson set with my Crusader and i can clearly say that the supposed damage increase by the level of Cooldown Reduction is not working at all. Resource Cost Reduction value properly increases toughness and all the stats on the items works as intended but the damage increase via Cooldown Reduction is not working at all. The problem is not only that its not showing at my character sheet page but I did not notice any damage increase despite my 68% Cooldown Reduction either. There is something wrong with it

I second this. With 60% CDR, i do not see any damage increase with captain crimson full set bonus. Only a big toughness increase.

Damage increases are not shown on the character sheet. This has been true for all multiplicative damage.

1 Like

Fire (or any elemental) damage increase is multiplicative and is also on the sheet.
In PTR, captain crimson full set bonus was reflected as “damage increase by skill” (× %), which is also a variable in the sheet under the “Offense” category (where x scales with CDR)
But the live version is reflecting “damage increased by skill” as 0% regardless of the amt of CDR while the full crimson bonus is active.
This does not feel like an intended change.

You are wrong. It is intended. And it is not a bug.

1 Like

My bug report is not about the character page showing the damage increase or not. I am saying that the damage increase via CDR is not working at all. I dont notice any damage increase regardless of my CDR value

Yes. I did not feel the damage increase too even with 60% CDR (after running the same grifts for around 100 times). Thats why my guess was that it may have some relation with the “damage increase by skills” in sheet as that was the difference between PTR and live.
Also, not sure where it was stated that “damage increases by skills ×%” was not going to be used anymore to reflect captain crimson CDR bonus. (I may have missed a post somewhere where it was explicitly stated)

Hope a blue can clarify this, as i see other threads asking about captain crimson RCR as well.

Not only is it intended it is a GOOD change. It means more damage that is not watered down by similar buffs in the same category.

TLDR: Crimson is working correctly, it has been BUFFED from the PTR version, and why is was changed has to do with the more subtle game mechanics. Take it. It’s a good thing.

Then post a video of the set in action. I’ve tested it on my UE DH and the damage increase is quite noticeable.