The Flavor of Time Should Come with Socket By Defalt

I spent over 2500 rolls on FoT in the past week and not only 0 primals but also only 2 with decent rolls… It really needs a socket by default.

TY for reading.

22 Likes

Well, why not all legendary rings and amulets?
Such items without socket are useless after they introduced legendary gems.

12 Likes

yes all ring and amulets need to drop with sockets so many are rubbish with out one

4 Likes

FoT and Jewlery should come always with socket and always drop primal.

1 Like

I can agree with this. Should swap FRW to socket.

Jewelry is useless without sockets and Blizz has made all builds dependent upon legendary gems.

5 Likes

I agree! All jewelry should come with a socket by default!

I usually end up spending most of my Forgotten souls of Flavor of Time rerolls and I still haven’t found one that is ancient level or better with the 3 correct rolls… with thousands of rerolls done per season. Removing one of those rolls by hard coding it to a socket would make it just a little bit easier to get a useable one.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree…more !!!

1 Like

If there was a dislike button I’m sure everyone would rapidly downvote what I’m about to say into oblivion, but I somewhat disagree with this sentiment.

1. FoT already comes with an extra stat, a sought after one at that, that’s useful for most meta builds.

2. The legendary affix for pushing is godlike, and alongside conduit and power pylons, is responsible for a large percentage of progress in all insanely high GR clears.

I do think that it should come with a main stat, like all other amulets (you’ll end up rolling it off anyways), but a guaranteed socket for arguably the most impactful neutral legendary affix in the game IMO is a bit much to ask.

Right now, the amulet has no downside other than it’s difficulty to roll,
(admittedly the hardest gear piece to roll in the game). So, as annoying as it is to roll even a halfway decent one, I believe the lack of a guaranteed socket is a fair trade off for it’s power.

2 Likes

FoT might be one of the most re-rolled items in D3. No argument for a default socket from here.

2 Likes

After all there are already some items that drop with default sockets: set pants and torso protections.

I wouldn’t downvote since you have a point. From my point of view… FRW by default is a nasty affix, but even more so on an amulet slot. You don’t want it, no questions asked. You want to roll it off, but to do so means getting three primary affixes to roll allmost perfectly. That’s nearly impossible when even main stat is not a guaranteed roll.

Changing the guaranteed FRW to socket might be too much to ask for, but at least they should consider changing it to Main Stat - even that would be a huge improvement compared to now.

I agree with the main stat.

At this point, having guaranteed sockets on all jewelry is a QOL improvement.

Everyone rolls a socket on rings and amulets, its kinda a necessity so yea…by default they should all roll with it.

but hey… we’re speaking into the void here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dont forget compase rose…

Excellent suggestion.

Getting a good FOT is incredibly time-consuming, and the extra frustration that comes with getting a lucky socket is not welcome. All legendary jewelry should drop with a socket; there’s already enough grind-heavy RNG at play, no need to layer it on even thicker.

3 Likes

There is an inherent wonkiness with the handling of sockets in this game. They are a necessity in jewelry because of those dumb legendary gems, which really should have just been 3 new equipment slots. I’d love to see them just go away entirely and the devs just give us 3 equippable charms ala D2, that fit in slots and grant powers. Moot for D3 for sure, but D4 - please god fix this.

4 Likes

yes, please

20 chars

1 Like

I have to agree, if any item in this game deserves a guaranteed socket, it has to be the Flavor Of Time!

2 Likes

Wait for “Shield of the Steed” with optimal primaries AND high[er] base block chance value AND secondary Thorns.

In ancient or primal (for the higher available +Thorns roll values; especially cause Shields are one of the bigger Thorns slots.)

(…and if that ain’t enough restrictions, maybe on top of that without 2nd secondary being wasted on “+ Maximum Wrath”, too.)

I guess they are not adding it. As new notes don’t mention it. Lame… even less time playing now.