The Diablo 4 team - Known Developers at Blizzcon

This is a list of known developers in Diablo 4, from writing down names and jobs on a notepad during Blizzcon Virtual Ticket. Sorry if I misspelled their names I only had a moment to write them down.

• Luis Barriga - Game Director
    Sebastian Stepien - Creative Director
    John Mueler - Art Director
    David Kim - Lead Systems Desiginer
    Zaven Haroutunian - Lead Dungeons
    Angela Del Priore - UI Designer
    Joe Shely - Lead Game Designer
    Candace Thomas - Senior Encounter Designer
    Sean Copeland - Historian Supervisor, Creative Development
    Jesse McCree - Lead Game Designer
    Harrison Pink - Senior Quest Designer

• Tiffany Watt - Senior Producer
    Tim Ismay - Senior Producer
    Allen Adham - Exectutive Producer
    Elizabeth Seminario - Game Producer

• Rob Sevilla - Senior Concept Artist
    Jairo Sanchez - Senior Character Artist
    Corey Peagler - Senior Animator
    Erin Zaneskie - Senior Charcter Artist
    Nick Chilano - Lead Animator
    Jayne Johnston - Senior VFX Artist
    Matt McDaid - Lead Exterior Artist
    Season Murphy - Lead Lighting Artist
2 Likes

how David Kim will make terran op on D4?

I find it interesting there is no Don Vu or Wyatt Cheng. Though I think Joe Shely is a familiar name. I was half expecting Brian Holinka to pop up for a PVP d4 dev.

Yup I recognized him for sure, when I saw him on the panel. Also Zaven Haroutunian worked on Diablo 3 as well.

A lot of these are duplicates of the names you already listed in the OP, but I pulled these from the D4 press packet found here https://blizzard.gamespress.com/Diablo-IV---BlizzCon-2019-Press-Kit

• Allen Adham – Executive Producer
  • Luis Barriga – Game Director
  • Daniel Briggs – Lead VFX Artist
  • Nick Chilano – Lead Animator
  • Kris Giampa – Sound Supervisor
  • Zaven Haroutunian – Lead Dungeon Designer
  • Timothy Ismay – Senior Producer
  • David Kim – Lead Systems Designer
  • Richie Marella – Lead Artist
  • Jesse McCree – Lead Designer
  • Matt McDaid – Lead Exterior Artist
  • John Mueller – Art Director
  • Sean Murphy – Lead Lighting Artist
  • Jason Roberts – Lead Quest Designer
  • Chris Ryder – Lead Interactives Artist
  • Joe Shely – Lead Encounter Design
  • Tiffany Wat – Senior Producer
  • Gavian Whishaw – Production Director
1 Like

Well there you go! Good find.

1 Like

So who exactly is back from D3? Should I be worried?

2 Likes

Marella, Mueller and Wat I think. But they all seem convinced that it was a mess, so lets hope they embraced the new direction.

2 Likes

Do we know who’s the Senior Writer or Director of whatever Lore/Story team is?

Don Vu tweeted a bunch of stuff about D4 which makes me think he still has some connection. Wyatt is over on the Incubation team - not Team 3 who is doing D4.

He looks like David Brevik. He blatantly copied their appearance. Has he got maybe a inferiority complex?

I feel sorry for any game designer in any company now.

In many ways just releasing a game when it’s ready watching other game companies doing this that do not do the comicon and cosplay thing, they get less flak. It’s a no win. Expectations go so high.

Then if it is not released when some people want it they get crap. If it is released too early and has bugs they get crap. If it does not have what people expect, they get crap. It’s almost a no win.
When games are released without the hype there seems to be less crap thrown. It seems the nature of people to sling crap now.
It would be sad if it was not so laughable because most of the people slinging crap could not do any better if their life depended on it.

The only people I know of that thought they could do better, did not sling crap and just did it - and Tencent bought them out.

In recent cases, this is mainly on the executives who wanted unrealistic release dates to meet a financial deadline (e.g. end of Q1 2019) to appease the investors. Devs were pushed to breaking point to get it done.

Yes I hear you.
There used to be a saying that even corporate executives had which through history showed patience was a virtue:
‘Temper it with wisdom’.
(I could say the same with other areas but that’s off-topic).

EDIT: Now the almighty dollar rules - sooner or later they will get a smarter financial adviser that understands sometimes you have to lose money to make money by being patient.

The appropriate quote is:

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad. - Shigeru Miyamoto

2 Likes

Yup - part of basic business management is the woman that buys 5 things every week for the rest of her life is better than the woman that comes in and buys 100 things only once. You got it - Kill your base and it’s all over.

Yup when overwatch first came out, I dropped about $200 to get a legendary skin for every character. I quit soon after that. Anyway, they have released many more characters and skins so If I had kept playing I all these years, I would have made them a lot more money haha.

1 Like

I like the whole gaming experience. Some people prefer PvP or PvE or cosmetics, or RPG or building, or climbing a skill tree and that’s cool. I feel grateful that I like all facets of it.
I even looked at Path of Exile too. I liked it but I felt the same as you with overwatch. If I played it, my bank account would look very unhealthy.

1 Like