The Darkening of Tristram returns Jan. 3, 2021

If I remember from previous occurrences of the event, whether the pages were / weren’t account-bound depended on whether they were obtained on seasonal or non-seasonal heroes (can’t remember which way around it was though).

1 Like

That statement alone seems to be correct. Had 2 full bounty runs today (all Acts), and I can say that temporal cultists spawn pretty much everywhere. So the list of locations is clearly incomplete, esp. for the Act 2. Although I can’t recall seeing them in Alcarnus, for example, they definitely were in Stinging Winds, that Bloodborn temple and other places.

Just run the bounties, and come they will.

2 Likes

I don’t think they spawn in some of the newer areas. But, the areas I listed are good choices for farming those Cultist Pages.

The two more popular areas are the Halls of Agony and Arreat Crater. (All Levels).

To test if things had changed, I ran a full clear of Howling Plateau -> Black Canyon Mines -> Stringing Winds -> Road to Alcarnus -> Alcarnus and didn’t encounter any of the cultists mobs that drop the pages. Ran into a few goblins, Graw the Herald, and a Bandit Shrine so it wasn’t a complete wasted effort.

It looks like the locations are still just:

• Act I: The Weeping Hollow, Festering Woods, Caverns of Araneae, Cathedral Levels 1, 2 and 4, Halls of Agony levels 1, 2 and 3;
  • Act II: Dahlgur Oasis, Desolate Sands;
  • Act III: Keep Depths 1, 2 and 3, Stonefort, Rakkis Crossing, Arreat Crater 1, Tower of the Damned 1, The Core of Arreat, Ruins of Sescheron
  • Act IV: Gardens of Hope 1,2 and 3, Silver Spire 1 and 2
  • Act V: Westmarch Commons, Westmarch Heights, Paths of the Drowned, Greyhollow Island, Battlefields of Eternity.

Also, pages found in season are account bound while pages found in non-season aren’t. I’ve never kept the ones in season long enough for them to be mailed to me at the end of the season to see if they retain their account bound status or if they lose it in non-season. I always keep a set found non-season on a non-season character to help others out.

2 Likes

Remember that the Temporal Priests can spawn in certain areas. But, that doesn’t mean they always will. The areas that did not spawn the Cultists for you may need additional runs to confirm they truly do not spawn there.

Thanks for confirming that.

is there any use doing this again if i already completed in the past and got the gem, butcher pet and calf pet? ie - am i getting any additional stuff not available in the past?

As long as you have the transmogs and the 2 portrait frames (angel and demon).

• It’s the same old, same old, they did not add anything new.
  • It is mostly for new players If you have already completed it no major reason do do it again.
2 Likes

Even collecting the 7 Cultist Pages gets you nothing more.

As Avalon stated: Once you have the Pets, Portrait Frames, Red Soul Shard Legendary Gem (Helm Transmogrification) and Achievements there’s no other reason for running this Event again, except for the “fun” of it. (I put fun in parentheses because it all depends on how you define “fun”).

Merciless Bow of Thunder :slight_smile:

I personally think they did an outstanding job with it. I just wish they would add something each year.
Or better yet how about a D2 theme event that we can run every year in June? With a similar concept.

• A 25 level dungeon with the 5 bosses from D2. 1 boss will show up within each 5 levels.
  • Keep the same look, sound and feel as the DoT, just add a few more goodies.
3 Likes