The D3 reality - why S28 should not be nerfed

As a REAL casual, solo player some of the requirements in S28 are too high.
Blizz needs to stop catering exclusively to hard core players who have endless time to play and only play in groups. Stop making it easy for yourself by playing in groups and getting other people to help you power level. Spend the entire season playing solo and grinding for 1,000 hours trying to get the d*mn Gibbering Gemstone and then tell me it’s too easy. If anything, the game should automatically get MUCH harder for group play instead of easier.

16 Likes

As a SUPER REAL casual player i find getting to lvl 70 too hard, it requires more than an hour to reach it for sure…

12 Likes

Oh for pete’s sake, it’s going to be changed. Quit arguing about it! Two things happen. Someone takes offense to someone saying something “bad” about a streamer. Then that someone who spoke ill of the streamer gets called “not a true gamer.”

Either skip the season or don’t. But in all likely the potion pylon thing and all the other effects will be going away.

The influencers have spoken.

Good day, everyone.

2 Likes

Just make the game as easy as possibly for some people who do not want to put any time into it over 4 months.
Let’s just give everyone a gold medal. No time, work, investment or commitment required. :3rd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal:

7 Likes

Lol influencers in d3 thats rich

And in it’s current state, most people are done with the season after 2 weeks. They are not engaged at all.

For you, maybe. I am more into the item grind. I could care less about GR pushing and many, many players feel the same way.

I beat D1 on Hell a few weeks after buying it and played the game for years.

I beat D2 on Hell less than week in and played that game for a several hundred hours a year for over 10 years.

If having one mega-OP season out of 28 makes players leave after 2 weeks, then nothing has changed. It will be just like every other season.

And this is part of the problem. It is an unreachable goal unless you play several hundred to a few thousand hours a season or you cheat relentlessly. Why play a game where you can’t beat the highest level unless you dedicate your life to it? This is why so many drop off 2 weeks after the season start. Making a game more than a full time job just to get to the point where they can actually test their skills is not fun.

9 Likes

And this changes your life how? Say it went live as is, what will you do then? 100% serious. I honestly would like to know.

1 Like

This is nonsense. And that video that folks keep posting of a streamer doing a 150 without skills equipped was done for views more than actual information it provides to the devs.

They want the whole thing scrapped, instead of fix’d so it isn’t broken.

They believe fixing is simply impossible and if you agree that it should it be changed but don’t think it should be removed, then the argument is “You’re a casual” you’re opinion doesn’t matter. Even if in actuality you’ve never been a casual D3 player.

No, there interest is for their enjoyment and their enjoyment alone.

My point is, the potion thing can be fixed, but since it would still add “power creep” to the game, then it’s bad and should be removed at all cost, despite the ship for powercreep sailed long ago.

1 Like

Those ‘casuals’ wanting 150 fasts are actually scrubs who are not willing to read guides, to learn smth. Who doesn’t want to think just a bit. They don’t even know there’s a ladder in D3 and don’t open it to know what people use for 3m / 4m parties. I see a lot of them in publics. It is not casuality it is a brain-laziness.

9 Likes

even if you remove the pylon potion completely, the powercreep this season is off the charts. Crap ton of extra damage, crap ton more DR, triune circles on the ground. CCimunity and passability (will open slots on some builds). Easier time making usable primals.
High skilled playes will hit 150 before or close to 2k para (i’m willing to bet it will be even less) with stuff like Tal Rasha.
That’s not an unreachable goal in 4 months no matter how casual you are.

5 Likes

SO ASK THE DEVS TO FIX IT!

Removing the potion options isn’t the only solution here. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater isn’t necessary.

But hey, don’t listen to me, I’m just a guy that spent the last two hours arguing for a change instead of scrapping the whole idea and got called a “know nothing casual” for my efforts.

But, folks want a repeat of Echoing Nightmares, that’s fine. QoL improvements are a good thing but I seem to recall that the season that introduced them wasn’t that popular, so either way, the seasons going to be a dud.

1 Like

I don’t expect a huge nerf if anything. Anyone remember Trials of the Tempest, Season 22 and Season of the Triune, Season 18? Potion buffs is a reminiscence of those two seasons I think.

Tempest buff is now the almost constant Conduit effect coming from imbibing healing potions; ZDPS specs were clearing GR150 too back then. Also, I bet we all remember what Season of Triune was like also.
They just mashed them together with an addition of new user interface for the Altar of Rites when people expected them to regurgigate old season themes one by one over again.

It’s a breathe of fresh air in my opinion. I think they will tweak the duration of the shrine and pylon effects coming from potion buffs. Perhaps they also look into Necromancer’s potion cooldown too. Youtubers and reddit have been talking about these points lately.

1 Like

And most players aren’t high skilled, so they will need a lot more than 2k paragon, so, ya, for most it is unreachable. Again, this is why the season is dead 2 weeks in.

This game has had a good run. It will be a ghost town in June when D4 hits. 1 over the top OP season to send it off to Valhalla isn’t going to do any damage.

Let the kids have their fun. If it ruins your season, you don’t have to use it.

8 Likes

You’ve misunderstood. I’m not advocating for it’s removal. I’m just stating that even if it never existed, it would still be one of the easiest seasons to reach 150 if that’s your goal.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, then Aly.

I’m a little exasperated by my experience on the PTR Feedback forum a few minutes ago. And I probably conflated the arguments there, to the ones here.

My apologies.

4 Likes

It’s going to be a ghost town way faster if everybody does 150’s in two weeks.

And if they remove conduit all together from the potion, which to me makes the most sense, it will still be extremely powerful.

Soloing 150’s should be done in full ancient augmented gear with gems over 140 and high para and not gimmik, bugy or Zbuilds and i’ll die on this hill.

6 Likes

I agree it should take some effort. A reasonable amount. But I also think seasons should allow folks to reach higher than they normally would reach, or at least that’s been the general direction the themes have gone.

So, I think a guy who reached 140 back in the ethereal season with lots of work mind you, should be able to reach a 150 this season.

However, if it takes a bit less work, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I don’t expect to be reaching a 150 just by turning on my computer and starting up the game, but say if someone can reach paragon 2700 (which is what I reached in the ethereal season and was able to do a 140), it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for them to do a 150 running with any set they prefer.

Edit:

To give some more information. I don’t group, so no getting carried in 150’s before pushing the leaderboards. And stuff like that. All SSF from beginning to end and playing about 4-6 hours a day for a whole season.

But also, doing that burned me out for a while concerning this game, and haven’t been able to get myself back to dedicating myself to the game to that extent since. But I hope this season, the theme will be fun enough that once again, I’ll be able lose myself in it and go nuts with it.

3 Likes

So it will be the same as the last 25 seasons. Do you actually play the game? It is dead 2 weeks in, no matter how powerful or not powerful the Theme has been.

And this is why most players don’t care about pushing GR’s because only a small handful of people wish to make this game a full time job in order to reach your criteria.

5 Likes

Well this is arguably the first ever season you have something to work twards and regardless of we’re your ending up, a lot of people will be grinding tirelessly to complete the altar and get the wings. Less so if just unlocking the pylon potion is enough to win you the game which is my whole effin point.

Getting full ancient augmented gear is a task that should take around 48-60 hours played. If you wanna do 150’s getting 140 gems is something you just do on your way there. If your character is strong enough to complete 150 in 14.59 mins, its strong enough to speed run 135-140 and that gives massive XP, especially with the 41% buff rom the altar.

If that seems " full time job" time for you, might want to try other games.

1 Like

For the people complaining about S28, do you recall the weather effects season?

It is not horrible if people clear GR150 using umusual mechanics.

The current PTR has confounders of S2N6 and red helm gem. One is a recognized bug that will be fixed and the red helm gem will not exist in S28.

They could fix leech-blood flask so it can not proc an effect more tham once per 30 seconds. Ironically, the red helm gem makes it easier for low paragon players to clear high GRs since the potion is reset faster.

Also, there are reports that conduit is misbevaing in GRs.

Fix the obvious stuff and then revisit.