The Cursed Mill Achievement

Does anyone know about “The Cursed Mill” event? I’m trying to do Cursebreaker of Tristram and I’ve read so much conflicting info I just want to make sure I’m not wasting my time. I’ve read that its a shrine but then I’ve seen people mention its a chest. Its an achievement listed in the campaign so I assume you can get it in the campaign and not just adventure mode only but I’ve seen it mentioned you can only get it in adventure mode and others say thats not true. Some say its bugged, some say its ultra ultra rare so on and so forth. I’ve done about 50 full clears of fields of misery and I just want to make sure I’m not wasting my time is all.

Google it. This is the first result:

In the video, it is clearly a “cursed shrine”.

If you google it, the SECOND result is this:

It said “cursed shrine” too.

I don’t remember this achievement. But I don’t think that Blizzard would change the event from “shrine” to “chest”. Why would they do so!

The video and wiki are solid proof, I believe.

I just went into the game and find the achievement.
The objective does say “chest” under the “Campaign” category:

The video was captured in adventure mode, and it was a “shrine”.

So, my advice is to click both cursed “shrine” and “chest”. :slight_smile:
(I guess adv. and campaign mode doesn’t matter.)

Sorry that I did it in 2015, too long ago, can’t remeber.

For some reason all the cursed shrines have been turned into cursed chests. The cursed Mill is in the pool of tasks for act 1 bounties

GrumpyMonk is correct, for some reason they were converted to chests.

I just went and found Cursed Mill, can confirm it is a chest:

You can find it both in the main area of Fields of Misery as well as in the Old Mill zone where I found it here.

Adventure vs. Campaign shouldn’t matter, however in Campaign I don’t think you can find in the Old Mill area since that is a checkpoint/event area for Campaign progression (with Scoundrel). In Campaign it’ll probably only spawn on the main Fields of Misery map? I’d just hunt it in Adventure though, it’s a bounty so you’ll have a chance of getting it that way.

I believe Blizzard changed ALL the Cursed Events to Cursed Chests. I don’t know why. But, I like the change. Cursed Shrines were okay. But, I’d rather have 2 Radiant Chests, than 1 Chest and 1 Shrine effect. Especially when grinding for better gear.

And it doesn’t matter if it’s a Shrine or a Chest. Just complete the Bounty. You get yellow arrows pointing the way.

Note: The Cursed Mill Event can spawn in Act I, Fields of Misery or The Old Mill. (The small area north of The Fields of Misery on your way to The Drowned Temple).

Remember that The Cursed Mill can appear as a Bounty in Adventure Mode. It took me a while to farm for it (Leave Game/Start Game), but I eventually got it. And even though it didn’t want to spawn often, I believe it was less than 50 times. Besides, checking the Map for a Bounty is quicker than full clearing an area.  

It is also important to note that The Cursed Mill can spawn in The Old Mill area. Otherwise, players will complain that they can’t find it if they’re only searching the Fields of Misery.

Good to hear!