The Art of Diablo mentions art from Diablo 4!

pretty sure those diablo pics look like diablo from d3

3 Likes

im not sure why there is so much bad speculation about this. Blizzard’s average game title to alpha/beta is about 6 years. its been about 4 years since they canned the d4 that was based on a dark souls over the shoulder play model and started on another isometric game.
basically we are looking at a 2021 release, and thats with them pushing the team.
realistically, it should be an early 2022 release.

im not saying this with any skin in the game, just as a player with a lot of alpha and beta play experience with blizzard titles over the years. expect D4 in late 2021/early 2022. anything before that is rushed and likely not what we want.

i dont know about you guys, but i believe in blizzards general rule for games. its ready when its ready, and not before. I dont care if that pisses off investors/players/etc. i would rather have a good solid title, than some half baked crap shoveled out the door to shut people up.

dont shoot yourselves in the foot here… express interest, but not need for rush. there are plenty of other titles to play until its ready.

1 Like

If it’s announced this year I’m willing to bet '22 will be the earliest with 3 year delay for hype inflation on stocks to cover costs for advertisements. I’m still awaiting floor plans to believe any rumors on Diablo 4 or articles written by “con”-artists; pun intended.

Alright we get it that there are rumors about them showing D4 alpha to the Europe section of the company at France. But why? Europe section employees are different than U.S at the terms of reacting? I don’t think so.

The big question is they’re apparently releasing D:I worldwide and do we really expect them to create a rival to that blunder? I don’t think they’re any considerate one way or other if they really announce a new Diablo game this but D2HD.

In a marketing stance it doesn’t make sense for them to introduce an alternative to something that they sucker people into. From a social/public-relation stance, it would be foolish to not hit back after all these debacles surrounding them to make people forget.

Don’t expect anything 'till you read the floor plans and see what the goodie bag about.

You are in pre-alpha stage of FULL of SH.T !!! LOL

IF the leaks are true you mean about what happened 4 years ago.

also if the story about the writer from cdpr coming on board this year who knows exactly where it stands as far as a story line. but yeah 2021-22 is roughly where id expect it now at the earliest. unless blizzard really has been sand bagging us and all the stories have been leaked to get people confused over it, which some how i doubt but you never know.

The Angels coming to aid at 500 kills also is a reference to the D4 Heaven setting.

The mentioned Diablo 4 art could actually just be concept art…

2 Likes

The ad mentions diablo IV.
it looks more like a mistake by whoever published that add to be honest .

Well, hopefully they don’t pull that Siege Beast biting the head off a barbarian, and then ship a completely different game!

That’s D3 gameplay trailer from 9 years ago:

I don’t consider it THAT different from what they shipped later. And it’s normal a game in Alpha to be different than its release state.

Well Skelos, I thought it was a bit deceptive. Not over the top, but a bit.
There should have been a big fight in act 1 with a siege beast, maybe no biting heads off but a big fight.

Their most deceptive act was the PvP arenas that never made it to live:

Yep, for those who liked PVP was a disappointment. Worry less about balancing PVP and spend time just making it fun. Players will figure out the balance part.

The Siegebreaker has no place in Act 1. He was simply added into the gameplay demo for show-off purposes.

He’s a Siegebreaker…and the demons invading Bastion’s Keep is where he fits the most, which is why he’s there in the first place.

Yes, but on the other side LoL released Q4 2009 and the D3 devs made the right decision here to abandon PvP since it wouldn’t be able to compete with LoL at all.

That might be why they are apprehensive about showing us anything, people will just rage for years if they change somethings.

This information is not too far from Rhykker’s thoughts on the gift dice years ago being D4 hints about more.

Guys, D4 may very well be announced at Blizzcon.

Posts like this make me giggle as it is not a confirmation and not even close to a real fact.

Although I love the art.
It is beautiful and thought provoking.
But not thoughts of D4.
Thoughts of lovely art and who are these wonderful artists.

Well my emotional state was certainly not a rage, hardly. That’s why I stated a bit deceptive. Not exactly a rage.

Well if Siege Breaker would have shipped in Act 1, you would say it belongs in Act 1. It shipped in act 3, that’s ok too. Just that the video of the battle in act 1 was pretty darn epic. Siege Breaker in act 3 was a little under-whelming. Could have been a much grander battle. Swat you around a little bit, then pick you up and roar in your face…

thinking about it now its like the ran out of ideas and moved it to act 3 due to them really having nothing else at the time.