Thank you DHs for being helpful

Just thanks to all the dudes/dudettes that help in DH forums (and in game). I learn something new all the time.

General is so toxic it is a bummer to even read these days - even simple requests from folks for advice is eventually met with a derisive post calling them noob or “ltp” or “git gud”…a post where a guy was asking about what to potentially stash instead of salvage was actually replied to by someone ranting about sub 5k paragon supports in his 150GR push group and how you better not be sporting a cheat death passive…

Some class forums are just a dead zone…I asked for some help with my WD alt in the WD forums…looking for supporting legs to make the Zuni dart doc a little less glassy…once response so far “double unity.”…I mean really??? That’s the best advice I can get??? (Granted, it is “true” that it would help, but since that’s true for ANY class, I was hoping to get something like “use belt XYZ and skill ZYX”)

thankfully I don’t main WD and really need help for pushing!

Vent over…seems like the Dagger of Darts is just as hard for me to get this Season as a decent Yang’s!

10 Likes

DH forum is always helpful and courteous- so glad it’s my favorite class :wink:

3 Likes

The forums are a shadow of what they once were. Long before sets, torment, and most legendary powers came about everyone was theory crafting. I used to be part of the niche discussion concerning Throw Barbs back when there were at least a dozen different ways of using Weapon Throw.

I miss those days, now anymore I mostly just read, observe, and when I am wondering what I might be doing wrong set wise I locate the most knowledgeable players of a class that I am using then proceed to examine their profiles to see what gear they are using.

RNG is really, really, REALLY giving me the finger in regards to the Marauder set. I only had one decent ancient helm drop with life %, socket, dex, and something else that I rolled to cc (I think). My ancient Yang’s is okay while the captain crunch pants and belt I was able to get good ancients with. Usable ancient Traveler’s Pledge and Compass Rose was a nice bonus…I really shouldn’t complain too much about drops I suppose. Wrap of Clarity took forever to get a good ancient to drop.

1 Like

I saw your post over there. Was going to comment, but I don’t really play WD anymore so it didn’t seem right. I’m just a wiz + DH guy now.

But are you really committed to Zuni instead of LoD? Is it just don’t have the time to farm a set of full ancients? That’s fair, but if toughness is your issue, LoD is the way to go.

A LoD dart doc is massively tankier. The DPS ceiling is lower, but the toughness difference is huge. Zuni has higher set DR (3*23 fetishes = 69% vs. 4*13 ancients=52%) but LoD can fit Aquila + Unity without giving up any DPS items. Makes a big difference.

As far as belts go, there aren’t really any good belt toughness options. String of Ears, but that’s about it. Might as well grab Witching Hour for the attack speed. Attack speed is king for a dart doc. The damage per fetish scales with attack speed (instead of making fetishes attack faster, attack speed makes them hit harder). But then attack speed also makes you (and as a result, your fetishes) shoot darts faster. So your DPS is proportional to attack speed squared (attack speed gives you more damage per dart AND more darts per second). It’s kind of a unique mechanic with Dagger of Darts. But it means attack speed is king. Witching Hour is really strong for dart docs.

WDs just don’t really have any good toughness items. They are highly reliant on Sacred Harvester + Lakumba’s, and have been for ages. I assume you are using both of those? I can’t see your profile right now. That combo gives you a 100% armor buff (with Languish rune) along with 60% DR. Kinda hard to get away from.

1 Like

My first post in the forum was for a gear check on my UE, I could clear a GR 78 and was looking for help getting to 80 :slight_smile: That was a patch or three and quite a lot of paragon ago, but the assistance I’ve received her has helped me gain 40+ GR’s with my UE, learn how to run an N6/M4 Hybrid, jump on the leaderboards with my Shadow, and have a lot of fun developing my ZDH.

I do really appreciate the people here, and that we work to keep the General Forum type BS over in the GF.

You all are awesome.

6 Likes

I’m with you PMG , I appreciate the helpful groups in here . Barb forums have been super good in the past as well . I hate General , as it seems there’s a lot of peeps slamming each other back and forth in there . But yeah , there’s a lot of good people in here . I know I wouldn’t have gotten as far as I have if it hadn’t been for help given by players who like to share what they know with us and who are not so judgemental on fellow players who have a lack of knowledge in some aspects of this game . I appreciate all that is shared and would never put anyone down who needs advice . Kindness will earn respect . That’s why post’s like this get started , from kindness of others .

2 Likes

I do agree about the DH forums. There are a lot of great players here, helping young Nephalem on their journey and discussing creative ways to hunt. Many of them play the game their own way, always trying to find new builds or new variants of existing builds and sharing the results with the community. And all that mostly with the understanding, that there is not “the best way” to play the game, but only a lot of very good ways.

However, I do not agree with the toxic general forums. Yes, it’s true that there are some trolls over there. But there are also a lot of interesting discussions, great postings and a lot of help. I think it’s unfair to all the good posters “over there” to call the forums toxic just because of some *%&%$§ (self censored :wink: ).

Let me say something about the given examples:

In the salvage thread there are are lot of great replies. For example the guy keeping an original Tasker for nostalgia, remembering the origins of this item. Wonderful! Also there is some discussion abot the game mechanincs, and that legacy items are not upgraded when a new patch comes out. Also fine.

And then there is one poster babbling about his big paragon, and that all the players with low paragons are just noobs. Yeah - who cares? Do you want to play with such a guy? No? Well, then just ignore it. If someones takes the game that seriously, let him go. He may have something to compensate by his big paragon. Little … hands or whatever. (Am I getting toxic right now? Probably. :joy:)

But is the whole thread (or even the whole forum) toxic because of one poster, who takes a totally different approach to the game than “the average player”, who just want to have some fun slaying demons? I would say: No.

Or the other thread in the WD forums: You wrote there, that you main a DH. Well, for us Demon Hunters double-unity is not a big thing, it’s rarely used. Elusive is better, and Elusive and double Unity is almost only used by very young Shadow Hunters. Later (P1000 and above), you usually have enough tougness through dexterity to use Elusive and CoE. With that in mind, the first response could be read as: “Hey, you are new to WDs, and unlike Demon Hunters we use double Unity here more often. Try it, it will help you a lot!”

Whenever you read something “toxic”, try to think, whether this posting could be read in another way. I may be too naive, but the vast majority of people are quite nice most of the time. Even if they appear to be “mean” in the forums, where -idk- 75% of the communication is lost through “only text” without accentuation (is this the correct term?), body language, facial expression and so on … all this non-verbal communication stuff.

The DH forums are great, for sure. But General Forums are not that bad, either. Imho. :sunglasses:

And, btw.: There are some bad postings here as well. I remember a topic from last month regarding re-rolling Yang, where the first two replies were “roll 9 to 12 discipline, its 300% more damage” … luckily DiEoxidE found that topic as well shortly after that. :bow_and_arrow:

3 Likes

Yep , I know there are bad comments made towards others all over the forums . But it’s far more rampant in General Forums , from my observation . I don’t give a crap what they say or do on here . But with the commonality of badmouthing in General , I choose to scrap it . Just too much of it there , and I quite frankly think it sucks . I go there from time to time but not often . Every other post with badmouthing gets pretty old . Not to mention the post’s people throw out there that have been addressed a hundred times . Ignorant . Never much liked General . Too much nonsense IMO

2 Likes

That’s just me though , to each there own !

1 Like

I have to agree with the sentiment of this thread. I’m sure the other classes would feel the same about their regular posters. I, at one time, made a huge mistake on the old forums, and decided to stay away from the DH boards after it and pretty much posted in GD exclusively for around 2 or 3 years. However, since I came back with this new forum, I’ve found the posters most welcoming and helpful and without the nonsense on the GD forums.

As far as the GD forums go, on this new layout, at first there was tons of moderation. But it steadily became less and less and with the absence of moderation the GD forum has devolved into the same cliquey bs that was on the old forums with dedicated trolls posting nonsense and then everybody and their brother feeding the same trolls over and over.

It’s said that some people play the forums more than the game and when it comes to GD, I think it’s truer than most would admit.

1 Like

Thanks Tinne…I won’t clutter this thread with WD stuff, but long story short I’m hoarding legs to try the LoD build, just got a DoD this weekend, and leveling my LoD gem as well.

Maybe it’s just the threads I read…but so many go off topic it seems…and often the OP just disappears or never reports back that they tried something someone suggested (and results)…is it true all the time, no. Is every thread toxic, no.

Hell I try to direct guys posting for DH help to this forum because I know (for the most part - the roll 9-12disc folks aside) there are so many here to offer multiple valid options for just about anything.

Have fun pew pewing all!